Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 09:35   Link #41
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Peace Maker Kurogane : season 2 : So far this awesome historical anime has barely scratched the surface. Following the line of history it can easilly give us alot more awesome episodes.
Indeed, I'd really like to see PMK follow history until Tetsu's death. Many don't know, but there's some proofs that Tetsunosuke and Tatsunosuke really existed, and that Tetsu was indeed Hijikata Toshizou's page. However, as far as I know, there's only some papers of their registration in the Shinsengumi. But again, PMK should follow history until the death of Tetsu, as well as the other Shinsengumi members.

An anime that needs a second season is, without a doubt, Berserk. The "real" manga begins at volume 13, exactly where the anime stopped. But they would need to redo the series in my opinion, since a lot of important passages (such as the Black Dogs attack) were left aside from the anime.

Other one is Hellsing. A second season would be really good, after all. But as far as I know, the manga is different from the anime, so I don't think that a second season would work, after all.

Hikaru no Go needs a second season too. So does Great Teacher Onizuka. But what I'd really want to see is a Bleach anime. The manga is very popular in Japan, popular enough to be animated. Wonders if someday we'll see Bleach in anime ^^ Even though this is not relevant to this thread
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 10:18   Link #42
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
I don't understand why people in this thread keep bringing up Hikaru no Go.

Spoiler:

There simply can't be a "second season" unless the anime writers make up their own stories... which is very likely a bad thing to do...
Old 2004-04-17, 22:54   Link #43
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

My list of series I want continued:

Nadesico (nope it never ended, really, not even the movie could end it)

Tsukihime (more explanation about the past would be great, as well maybe an alternative ending)

Hellsing (yes! more alucard vs priest action! i WANT MORE!)

Giant Robo (what the...?! come on...don't leave me hanging here man!)

GTO (he still needs to get some unfinished business done hehehe)

Love Hina (none of these specials or OVA crap, i want to see a REAL ending)

Maburaho (i would like to see another season only if it's good, not like the 2nd half of the first season which degraded into lots of crap)

Cowboy Bebop (no not another season, perhaps a side arc done as an OVA or another high quality movie)

Berserk (yeah, i definitely want more of this dark masterpiece)
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 23:06   Link #44
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

There is a sequel to Shingetsutan Tsukihime in the form of the doujin fighting games called Melty Blood. I'd like another animated one because Revolve isn't done translating the Melty Blood storyline, yet. Also, can someone post some info on Melty Blood: ReACT?
I just finished Witch Hunter Robin, and it'd be nice to see a short OVA or something that reveals how the future turns out.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 23:53   Link #45
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

Definitely Full Metal Panic the first two series are just so good!!!!!! I want to see the rest of the plot in the novels animated...and wanna see chidori and sousuke get somewhere *sigh sigh*

Another series i really want to be continued is spiral...man the art and everything is sooo good, even the detective part of the story, but honestly, after watching the 25 eps, i'm just like: who the heck are the bladechildren??? and why the heck are they cursed??? far out...honestly, after finishing the series, i knew practically just as much about...well anything, as when i started....hehehe
yukari_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:16   Link #46
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

As mentioned before:
Narutaru: This needs to be done, I want to see it, and if it was done it would elevate the anime from good to absolutely great in my list.
Someday's Dreamers: I really liked this, and 13 eps was too short for a very well created world.
Jubie-chan 3: More Jubei! I love you! Bring Fresha back as special guest too!
Crest of the Stars: I know there are already 3 series, but aren't there like 8 novels? This was such solid sci-fi: I want a LOGH type of ep count!
Gunparade March: I guess there is a sequel to this since Kenran Butou Sai takes place in the same universe... I'll have to check that out.
Gunslinger Girls: I liked the ending, but I want more.

OK, enough of the obvious... let's go out on a limb:
I My Me Strawberry Eggs!: Call me crazy, but you _have_ to figure out a plot device to get that guy in a dress again...
Excel Saga: I think its about time for another great satire show, and there's none better...
Ranma 1/2: Ummm just kidding.
Sailor Moon Live Action: They need to do Sailor Moon Stars Live Action. Really, I DARE them.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 07:33   Link #47
Innotech

Maburaho had a weak ambiguous ending. the shows great but Id like to see a sequel. Also Ah my goddess DEFINITELY deserves a longer run, Haibane Renmei should have been much longer because its my absolute favorite, and finally, Id like to see another season of Galaxy angel
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 08:06   Link #48
nubby

Vandread
I hope Hibiki plants his seed in all 3 girls :fingers:

Tsukihime
There's already a sequel to the game so why not the anime?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 18:27   Link #49
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Giant Robo (bring on the last epic episode already!)
"Last epic episode"? How do you mean? The Night the Earth Stood Still: Giant Robo was completed. All 7 episodes were even released in North America by Manga entertainment on VHS (sadly it seems they've dropped the DVD release and may not be renewing their license).

Do you just mean continuing the story? There were actually multiple OVAs planned for the Giant Robo universe, some not even centering on Daisaku or Giant Robo....well, even less so than The Night the Earth Stood Still . There was:

"The Domino Operation"
"The Birth of Zangetsu the Midday"
"The Plan to Assassinate Daisaku - the Canary Penitentiary"
"The Boy of Three Days"
"The Greatest Battle in History - General Kanshin vs. Shokatsu Komei"
"The Boy Detective, Kindaiichi Shoutarou, Appears!"
"The Siege of Babel."

It would certainly be a glorious day for anime if these projects were made a reality.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 20:36   Link #50
Sethi
StormRider

I have alot of them i wanted to see more but this ones are the most important:
Tsukihime - I really hated the way it ended.
Full Metal Panic - More More More i don't care if it's comedy or action just bring Sousuke and Chidori back
PMK - This is one of the worst ending i saw EVER for one of the most interesting i was seeing, when the anime gets all dark and gloomy with Tetsu action they bring on the fireworks and end it in a party What the Hell Was That.
Hellsing - Another truly awful ending and of course more Alucard and Police Girl action.

And Finally the other series i really wanted to see more of it animated seems to be coming Ah! My Goddess.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 21:06   Link #51
InitialD4

I want to see
Fruits Basket
SlamDunk!
Chobits
GTO
InitialD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 22:02   Link #52
Jalan

Full Metal Panic
PMK
Hove Hina
Aoi Yori Aoshi
Also hoping some of these new series keep on going for awhile...
Jalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 23:14   Link #53
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i forgot to mention pilot candidate
the basic mechanics for this show are so complex, and the series just seems to end (WITH A FREAKIN RECAP EPISODE)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 03:05   Link #54
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Im glad a lot of others are saying PMK

Gunslinger Girl for sure. 13eps was no where near enough

Another series of GITS SAC after 2nd GiG cause im a mahoosive GITS fan

Another season of Bebop, Fumoffu and ROD would be nice too. Hellsing could be finished and Production IG should make a season about Blood that actually explains what the movie didnt.

Im sure there are others.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 08:47   Link #55
Misha~su
~Tee hee hee~

Definitely another season of Azumanga Daioh, you just have to know what university's they went to and what ends up being their future profession. Also the continuation of their friendship.
Misha~su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 22:38   Link #56
kujoe
from head to heel

Hundred Stories. Actually 13 episodes is perfect for the story, but I feel that at least one OVA special could be made to properly wrap things up.

And damn it--I want to know what really happens to Mataichi and co.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 23:34   Link #57
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
i'd like to see more episodes of Tokyo Underground made. it was a really good series and i think it'd be interesting to see what happened after they got out. Maybe deal with the organization the built Underground.

Hellsing would be great. I'd really like to know who Incognito's master was.

Trigun because it was funny and had great action and a great story you could easily continue the show

and Hanaukyo Maids just because it was really funny, maybe show the main guy (Taro ithink) in high school or something.

Last edited by skreech; 2004-04-21 at 01:38.
skreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 03:41   Link #58
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Gunslinger Girls: The ending was too random and abrupt.. they really ought to continue the series.. dunno if the manga continues on where the anime leaves off.

Ai Yori Aoshi: Perhaps the whole gang should pay Tina a surprise visit in the U.S.

Last Exile: I was kinda sad that it was over (not that the ending was overly sad).. I really wanted to see certain characters further develop their relationship - this series might be able to use a FMP Fumoffu type sequel though it was completely go against the seriousness of the original.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 12:03   Link #59
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
Anime that should have newer seasons...

Hellsing Season 2

Golden Boy Season 2

GTO Newer season

Full Metal Panic Season 3

(When it ends) Yukikaze
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 12:17   Link #60
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Hmmmm...

Annd? dont mean to sound rude but wat are we aiming to get out of this thread?
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote