AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 18:32   Link #121
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not to mention "EYES WIDE OPEN" Convex Mirror Girl (my favorite of the episode).
And her too! Although I didn't even realize she was a high school girl until I saw the skirt. With her voice and build I had her pegged at about thirty at first.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:18   Link #122
broken270
Defying gravity

I wonder what is the significance of some of the girls in the series having their eyes covered. This specifically has happened to the sister's of the male cast (Tadakuni's sister, Motuharu's sister, Yoshitaka's sister). The other girl's eyes are shown though (literature girl, girl working at the pizza parlor, little rich girl at the end sequence). Is there a gag I am not getting, or am I thinking too hard in this matter?
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:43   Link #123
CWW
Lurker

They're faceless probably because they're nameless. You can hear Tadakuni's little sister is referred to as 'imouto' even by her brother's friends. I don't think Literary Girl's name has been mentioned yet, but the girl working at the pizza place is apparently called Nago.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:07   Link #124
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Definitely like this show , it's hilarious. And Sugita Tomokazu <3
Tadakuni & his sister only talk once a month ? weird cuz she seems to take an interest on what Tadakuni is doing.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:22   Link #125
DorkingtonPugsly

I really want to see their eyes. That's my only wish for this show, but I guess I won't it's just a thing that you see sometimes, sigh...
Old 2012-01-17, 23:12   Link #126
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Stealing you friends sister panties and get a beating
Old 2012-01-17, 23:13   Link #127
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Hope we get see the girl in the mirror soon again <3
Kira~!
Old 2012-01-18, 00:10   Link #128
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
What a great show XD I loved that ending I didn't notice until I paid attention!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 01:14   Link #129
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
And her too! Although I didn't even realize she was a high school girl until I saw the skirt. With her voice and build I had her pegged at about thirty at first.
She is ? I assumed that was just the pizza place's uniform, not a school uniform.
Old 2012-01-18, 01:53   Link #130
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, I think she's older - in her 20's at least. She's certainly referred to by Tadakuni as "-san", not that it proves anything definitively.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 02:01   Link #131
circleman

According to the website that girl who works at the pizza place goes to the same high school as Tadakuni's sister.
I was surprised when I read that
circleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 02:03   Link #132
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Well, a macho high school girl certainly doesn't feel out of place in this show.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:29   Link #133
kimpleng
Lurker

Someone please explain this "*** Imada". I didn't get the joke.
At first I think its a seiyuu name. But after few googling, didn't found something that related to this show.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 10:34   Link #134
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
This is absolutely crazy nonsense and I love it. I actually also like that the skits continue from the first ep.
That pleasantly surprised me, I didn't expect any sort of continuation of the gags. I have to say the parts with the literature girl are my favourite so far. I also like how Tadakuni's imouto is always eavesdropping when they're telling horror stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW
The parts where Tadakuni plays the straight man could use less yelling though.
I didn't even notice he was yelling that much.. Shinpachi's constant yelling must have desensitized my ears. (He's the main straight man in Gintama) Usually I don't like the constant screaming either though, so I can see where you're coming from.
Old 2012-01-18, 10:38   Link #135
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
I didn't even notice he was yelling that much.. Shinpachi's constant yelling must have desensitized my ears. (He's the main straight man in Gintama) Usually I don't like the constant screaming either though, so I can see where you're coming from.
Oh yeah..... Shinpachis seiyuu must have it hard......

Anyways, Jules, is this something i should start watching? You know my taste!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 11:08   Link #136
julez
Tsundere-chan

(This applies to anyone wondering if they should check this out or not)
I like it, so I would recommend it for anyone to watch if they like comedies about everyday life. I can't say how it will turn out as a whole since we've only seen two episodes, but I'm hopeful that it will be memorable. Naturally guys will find it more relatable, but it's universally funny.

I like seeing glimpses of what "guy talk" is like. I find it very enlightening. So that's what they do when they wonder about asking a girl out, they perform dramatic skits to practice... (see episode 1)
Old 2012-01-18, 11:57   Link #137
CWW
Lurker

I don't know about you, but I don't steal bras, panties and skirts from my sister and wear them on my head. Still hilarious though, especially Yoshitake's deadpan face when he saw the bras through the shirts. The sound effect and the awkward silent pause contributed greatly too. My favourite moment in episode 2.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 13:20   Link #138
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
Someone please explain this "*** Imada". I didn't get the joke.
At first I think its a seiyuu name. But after few googling, didn't found something that related to this show.
I second the motion. I also didn't get the joke either -w-
Old 2012-01-18, 16:45   Link #139
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
You might as well go ahead and ask me to commit seppuku now. Alright, I'll still do it for the sake of another fellow Bleach-forumite. The scene I laughed at would be the riverbank one where the girl sits behind Hidenori. After the timid torrent of thoughts that passes Hidenor, the first spoken words as follows (courtesy of Sage translation):
Hidenori says: "The wind is troubled today."

*The immediate thoughts that passes Hidenori*
<Oh man, now I wanna die. What the hell was that? It wasn't even embarrassing. I just.... wanna die. Am I in for it? No, she looks happy! I felt my mind break down a little bit, but I said it anyways. Now, let's hear your comeback.>
*mystery-girl-who-likes-to-sit-behind-a-guy-she-never-met-before stands up to deliver her comeback*

mystery-girl-who-likes-to-sit-behind-a-guy-she-never-met-before says: "But this wind is weeping just a little."

*When she finished speaking, the first thing we heard was a giggling Hidenori*
The hilarity about this two spoken lines are the randomness of it all. They didn't make any sense what so ever to each other, and yet how awkward and troubled each were by a situation they both created. Hidenori's straight face cracked me up even more when he is furiously debating inside of his head what to say, and after a lengthy deliberation the best thing he could come up with was "the wind is troubled today."

Oh come on Kitten, that was funny. No? Nothing? Kitten-san, please be gentle! *whimpers*
I re-watched episode 1 more properly and now it makes more sense to why people liked it but still not my cup... but huge thanks for trying to explain, I appreciate the effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelatsuki View Post
Please add a "for me" at the end of your comment because a lot of people find Gintama funny (dying out of suffocation funny even).

And since the director is the same the delivery of the jokes will be very similar, probably not up to your tastes.

Personally I loved how at the start they parodied any anime with your no-personality protagonist running late just to put in some nonsense like running late eating curry and ramen, and end it all saying that if there was no magic and gundams it was going to be boring. And how they trolled tadakuni into wearing a skirt XD
I know and that's why I'm confused as to why... I never got pass first 6 episodes in Gintama. For me humor there is flat with some very ridiculous jokes which make no sense and with a huge cast of idiots. What biggest part of characters do is just dumb and is something that a mental person would do. It feels like they all are from some mad house, they have no common sense.

School Rumble is another example... yet all those type of comedies are damn popular! WHY?! I really feel like an idiot for not understanding all those major comedies 0_0

Ok after re-watching the episode I do admit that the scene with skirts was amusing, poor guy.
Old 2012-01-18, 17:42   Link #140
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I re-watched episode 1 more properly and now it makes more sense to why people liked it but still not my cup... but huge thanks for trying to explain, I appreciate the effort

I know and that's why I'm confused as to why... I never got pass first 6 episodes in Gintama. For me humor there is flat with some very ridiculous jokes which make no sense and with a huge cast of idiots. What biggest part of characters do is just dumb and is something that a mental person would do. It feels like they all are from some mad house, they have no common sense.

School Rumble is another example... yet all those type of comedies are damn popular! WHY?! I really feel like an idiot for not understanding all those major comedies 0_0

Ok after re-watching the episode I do admit that the scene with skirts was amusing, poor guy.
If you don't find school rumble (season 1) funny, I don't think you will find most of the comedies (at least the non-harem) to be funny. Maybe comedies are just not your taste.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire