AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 15:28   Link #4801
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
A lot of people say that Shana was their first LN series they followed because the anime was the first light novel-based anime they watched. Shana was after all largely responsible for causing light novels adapted into anime becoming popular at the time.
I'd agree with that. IF BT still hosted its translations at that time(it was removed), it'd be probably my first series.

I didn't like Haruhi a lot. It was my 3rd/4th series that I've read, since I...stumbled upon the E8.
Old 2012-02-26, 17:04   Link #4802
Swimming

Kiraaaa!
Personally, my first light novel was Zero no tsukaima, it is because of it that I know Shana (who is way better in my opinion)
Old 2012-02-27, 07:09   Link #4803
AP24

For me it's thanks to JC Staff and Rie Kugimiya that I had been following Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Toradora and Hidan no Aria light novels.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:27   Link #4804
tsunade666

my first was also zero no tsukaima. Shana is just plain to hard and machine translation doesn't make sense on it. Then I see zero no tsukaima being translated in bt. ZnT was the first novel I read in bt. I never was a fan of Haruhi. It's good and all but never really a fan of it.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:30   Link #4805
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Is there a way to read the Shana novels translated?
If yes, I would really appreciate a PM about it.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 14:53   Link #4806
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Input a prohibition on eating humans
And they got that info (from that old dude?)? Did the SoC allow all of this? Because I would be surprised if he didn't know people were doing stuff behind his back. Especially people that are close to him. So Shana's grin in the anime isn't really that she won or anything like that. In the end SoC still can do whatever the fuck he wants, right?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 20:00   Link #4807
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
And they got that info (from that old dude?)? Did the SoC allow all of this? Because I would be surprised if he didn't know people were doing stuff behind his back. Especially people that are close to him. So Shana's grin in the anime isn't really that she won or anything like that. In the end SoC still can do whatever the fuck he wants, right?
Yes. He can just wipe them all out if he really wanted to and the code she inputted, he can just overwrite it any time he wanted.

He was going to do so in fact, but he let it be in the end as he decided that would be for the best.

The only one who can do anything to him is Alastor
Old 2012-03-01, 21:27   Link #4808
edgelesspigeon

Quote:
Yes. He can just wipe them all out if he really wanted to and the code she inputted, he can just overwrite it any time he wanted.

He was going to do so in fact, but he let it be in the end as he decided that would be for the best.

The only one who can do anything to him is Alastor
@ Cosmic Eagle

If I recall, there was a discussion similar to this a few pages earlier. He (the Snake of the Festival) would have been able to use what you called his Shini Shoukan to overwrite the code, correct? And didn't Shana and her allies think that they failed and that the Snake used his Shini Shoukan to overwrite, only to learn at the end that he decided to let the code be?
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 22:01   Link #4809
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
@ Cosmic Eagle

If I recall, there was a discussion similar to this a few pages earlier. He (the Snake of the Festival) would have been able to use what you called his Shini Shoukan to overwrite the code, correct? And didn't Shana and her allies think that they failed and that the Snake used his Shini Shoukan to overwrite, only to learn at the end that he decided to let the code be?
Yeah. Basically that
Old 2012-03-01, 22:11   Link #4810
uee09

does anyone knows where can i download for free this shakugan no shana novel,...really love this one,..
uee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 00:02   Link #4811
edgelesspigeon

Quote:
Yeah. Basically that
@Cosmic Eagle
When is the concept of the Shini Shoukan introduced, Chapter 2 or Chapter 3? And in which does Shana and co. mistakenly believed the Snake used it to overwrite the code they forced in?
Old 2012-03-04, 01:09   Link #4812
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
@Cosmic Eagle
When is the concept of the Shini Shoukan introduced, Chapter 2 or Chapter 3? And in which does Shana and co. mistakenly believed the Snake used it to overwrite the code they forced in?
Snake uses it at the start of chap 3. Same for the latter

Shini Shoukan is just a general term meaning the summoning of a God's power.

The actual names are Tenpa Jyousai for Alastor, Saiki Reisou for the Snake and Shouhi Ginsei for Saher
Old 2012-03-04, 01:37   Link #4813
edgelesspigeon

Quote:
Snake uses it at the start of chap 3. Same for the latter

Shini Shoukan is just a general term meaning the summoning of a God's power.

The actual names are Tenpa Jyousai for Alastor, Saiki Reisou for the Snake and Shouhi Ginsei for Saher
Cool, thanks for the information.
Old 2012-03-08, 16:01   Link #4814
Seitsuki
Onee!

Seeing ch 3 was done, I rushed off to read it. I was still listening to music on my mp3 player. As I progressed through, A Thousand Years somehow came up on my playlist. I'm not kidding.

The most moved I've ever been in a long time, and a beautiful end to a series I've loved for years. Thanks to you TLers for all the hard work you've put in, I'm really grateful.
Old 2012-03-19, 10:55   Link #4815
virox

After the revelation that the Reiji Maigo uses the disortions of the human world as it's powersource, does that mean it won't work in the new world? Isn't that bad for Yuuji? Does Yuuji even need the Reiji Maigo anymore once he gets there? Does it have something to do with the spell that activated after the kiss? I hope someone can explain this riddle to me, even though I did read chapter 3, I still don't get it.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:29   Link #4816
edgelesspigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
After the revelation that the Reiji Maigo uses the disortions of the human world as it's powersource, does that mean it won't work in the new world? Isn't that bad for Yuuji? Does Yuuji even need the Reiji Maigo anymore once he gets there? Does it have something to do with the spell that activated after the kiss? I hope someone can explain this riddle to me, even though I did read chapter 3, I still don't get it.
From what I could tell, Lamies' kiss-activated spell restored Yuji's existence fully, so he no longer needs the Reiji Maigo.
Old 2012-03-20, 03:09   Link #4817
virox

Quote:
From what I could tell, Lamies' kiss-activated spell restored Yuji's existence fully, so he no longer needs the Reiji Maigo.
Does that mean he will die within a human lifespan? :P
I'm really thinking about too much unnecessary stuff here. I guess I'll just wait for the last episode for now until thinking any further about it. Though I doubt that actually revived Yuuji as a human, more like it boosted his torch up to another level or something. Though I can't put a name on it, he's probably become something like a Flame Haze, with the Anti-fire Ring as his energysource.

Last edited by virox; 2012-03-20 at 03:29.
Old 2012-03-20, 03:40   Link #4818
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Yuji said the Reiji Maigo is useless in Xanadu since its a world filled with power. So I guess he could get enough power just by being in Xanadu similar to the Denizens.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 12:14   Link #4819
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Yuji said the Reiji Maigo is useless in Xanadu since its a world filled with power. So I guess he could get enough power just by being in Xanadu similar to the Denizens.
That clears up some suspicion, thanks a lot.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:18   Link #4820
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Well the whole point of Xanadu and the reason why Denizens dont need to eat humans is cause they are not foreign object to Xanadu like they were on earth. Xanadu is a world which accepts their existence so them being there is the exact same as a human living in our world, they will never have to worry about disappearing.
However does this also apply to Yuji? I mean technically he is a mystes, a remnant of what used to be Yuji. Would the laws of Xanadu also make it so someone like him will never burn out?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen