AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 01:45   Link #8021
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Kagura you just earned yourself a fan.
Add another one here.

Erza and Kagura
Old 2012-04-21, 08:43   Link #8022
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Kagura... Y U so awesome? She reminds me of Ikaruga from Senran Kagura game.
The fight was too short and rather one sided, but it was still refreshing to see something unrelated to FT gang. Hope anime extends this fight later on.
Old 2012-04-21, 09:41   Link #8023
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Kagura... Y U so awesome? She reminds me of Ikaruga from Senran Kagura game.
The fight was too short and rather one sided, but it was still refreshing to see something unrelated to FT gang. Hope anime extends this fight later on.
Funny, there was also an Ikaruga in FT.

It's good to see they've established QC and MH as more than mere point fodder. Though I can't say whether Quatro Cerberus (or should I say Quatro Puppy) will be faring too well with the loss of their currently known strongest.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 10:53   Link #8024
GundamFan

I was very unhappy with the battle mostly because I think Syukino is a dead girl walking and the 3 zodiac keys are going to fall into Lucy's lap. And even if they don't there still is Ophiuchus if your going introduce a legendary 13th zodiac that surpasses the other 12 gates they shouldn't have it insta killed right of the gate.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 12:10   Link #8025
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I was very unhappy with the battle mostly because I think Syukino is a dead girl walking and the 3 zodiac keys are going to fall into Lucy's lap. And even if they don't there still is Ophiuchus if your going introduce a legendary 13th zodiac that surpasses the other 12 gates they shouldn't have it insta killed right of the gate.
That just proves how strong Kagura is! She easily took out the 13th spirit, she is clearly equal or even above Erza in strength. This also served to show that hey! The other guilds ain't just fodder!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 12:23   Link #8026
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ That might be true, but also, they said that Kagura was Mermaid Heel's strongest mage. Erza by no means is the only strong one that Fairy Tail has in the games. Sure, she might be the Ace for Team A (barring Natsu), but Team B has at least 4 mages (Laxus, Mira, Mystogun, and Juvia) who are at least near equal or higher as well.

I would have to see how Kagura would take out Ikagura to acertain just how strong she is. Not downplaying Kagura or anyting but one match isn't enough to tell just how really strong someone is. Just look at the Bacchus vs Elfman fight...

And why do I get the feeling that Kagura is going to turn Yukino into some sort of slave girl (for comedy)?
Old 2012-04-21, 12:58   Link #8027
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
^ That might be true, but also, they said that Kagura was Mermaid Heel's strongest mage. Erza by no means is the only strong one that Fairy Tail has in the games. Sure, she might be the Ace for Team A (barring Natsu), but Team B has at least 4 mages (Laxus, Mira, Mystogun, and Juvia) who are at least near equal or higher as well.

I would have to see how Kagura would take out Ikagura to acertain just how strong she is. Not downplaying Kagura or anyting but one match isn't enough to tell just how really strong someone is. Just look at the Bacchus vs Elfman fight...

And why do I get the feeling that Kagura is going to turn Yukino into some sort of slave girl (for comedy)?
Jubvia is not close to that level.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:37   Link #8028
sergel02

You all do realize this is fiction and it doesn't matter who's stronger, because just like in real like, sometimes the weaker one can end up winning. Too many variables in every battle to count.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:25   Link #8029
Albafica
Pisces no saint

A new fan of Kagura here! She was so cool in this chapter. It was unexpected so it was awesome. One shot! BAM!

Awesomeness have a name! Kagura!

I hope we will have a Erza vs Kagura! I love Erza but it's strange... I don't want to see Kagura lose (Erza too ).
Old 2012-04-21, 16:44   Link #8030
kitten320

I would LOVE to see Erza lose. Like her character and all but she gets power ups almost all the time. I want her lose at least once and in fair fight.
Old 2012-04-21, 17:23   Link #8031
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Point. But considering she died the same year, I'm willing to bet there is a connection.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection, or if she did indeed die the same way. But in the mean time, it's not an established fact and treating it as such is the sort of thing that can cause problems and complaints on down the line, so I tend to correct people when it comes up.

Anyways, as for the chapter itself; personally I found this chapter kind of meh. It's a lame deflation of Sabertooth's hype, and really lame to have both remaining zodiac keys, and the long lost legendary 13th key job to some unhyped random chick we'd never heard of before the time skip, and had no reputation after the time skip, from one of the worst performing guilds.

Beyond that, we basically just got a repeat of Flare's performance and it's impact on the hype for her team's strength, just sans the dishonorable stuff.

By which I mean that for both Raven Tail, and Sabertooth, the two big antagonist teams rivaling Fairy Tail, the lone chick on the team turns out to be the weakest member of the team and gets curb stomped in a fight they were confident they could win.

Judging by Sting's comments at the end of the race, and the conversation we got just before Yukino went out, we'll likely get a repeat of "her team blames her for losing a fight she was simply outmatched in." that Flare got, just in a different form.

As a result, like with Raven Tail, Sabertooth no longer seems nearly as powerful, and future victories over them won't seem as impressive.

And Stellar Spirit mages which tend to get a bad rap amongst readers, and who just had a start towards getting their reputation repaired by Lucy's performance against Flare, promptly gets it trashed again.

And of course now that Kagura's hyped as so powerful, and uses a sword, we've got people calling for a fight between her and Erza. Which from the looks of things would be a fairly boring mirror match, or a redux of Ikuraga vs Erza, and we might as well just skip the fight and say that Erza wins with high difficulty and have her fight a more established, or more plot relevant powerful foe instead.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 17:28   Link #8032
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post

I hope we will have a Erza vs Kagura! I love Erza but it's strange... I don't want to see Kagura lose (Erza too ).
Eh. I don't really care about the result, I just want to see the clothing damage.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 18:00   Link #8033
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That just proves how strong Kagura is! She easily took out the 13th spirit, she is clearly equal or even above Erza in strength. This also served to show that hey! The other guilds ain't just fodder!
No it doesn't prove how strong Kagura it just makes the Celestial spirit mages look like losers who's summons can't fight worth squat yet again. Which is really too bad since Lucy had actaully made some progress at making it look comptent school of magic in her fight with Flare. And really what does it matter whether Kagura is powerful or in a filler guild I don't she her joining Fairy Tail so she not going to be getting much face time after this arc.
Old 2012-04-21, 18:53   Link #8034
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Being strong and winning with such style, I love you Kagura
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 19:32   Link #8035
sergel02

The only thing i wish is that Miashima didn't show what the 13th key summon looks like. Okay we say only like two shots of it, but i'd rather have gotten the suspense.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 05:36   Link #8036
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Sabertooth no longer seems nearly as powerful, and future victories over them won't seem as impressive.
I'm totally expecting Sabertooth to win the next time they show up though...
Quote:
And really what does it matter whether Kagura is powerful or in a filler guild I don't she her joining Fairy Tail so she not going to be getting much face time after this arc.
It doesn't really matter whether or not you're part of Fairy Tail; Blue Pegasus members have gotten quite a bit of panel time in this arc already, even though it's been so long since their introduction.
Quote:
And of course now that Kagura's hyped as so powerful, and uses a sword, we've got people calling for a fight between her and Erza. Which from the looks of things would be a fairly boring mirror match, or a redux of Ikuraga vs Erza, and we might as well just skip the fight and say that Erza wins with high difficulty and have her fight a more established, or more plot relevant powerful foe instead.
I think it has been proved that Erza+mirror match =/= boring I don't think Erza would be paired against her when there are potentially other members for her to fight, like the stronger RT members or the hooded girl of MH.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 07:29   Link #8037
classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Really, I don't see how people think her fights are illogical.

vs Aria, he was simply that much weaker then Erza
Aria is weaker than Erza? Oh really?
Quote:
vs Ikaruga, she abandoned her defenses (which were useless against her opponent) to maximize her attack.
So you saying that without defenses her attack became much powerfull? Well, ok. But for Ikaruga who were like playing with her armor to not be able hit an open body...impossible

Quote:
Azuma, he was using Fairy Tail's own magic to attack a member of Fairy Tail, hence why him blasting her with the power of the Tenrou tree did absolutely nothing but help her
Ok. So all FT magic is coming from the tree. Fairy Tail members can hit each other with their own magic (look Laxus ark or s-class ark) but others cannot? its a just pop out excuse. I really dont like this outside forces coming out of nowhere to change the plot in FT`s favour.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 08:03   Link #8038
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Aria is weaker than Erza? Oh really?
He actually was. For magic drain to work, he would have to touch Erza first...she's armed, fast and experienced - all Aria got was a surprise attack on Makarov. Strong magic needs equally strong wielders :P
Quote:
Ok. So all FT magic is coming from the tree. Fairy Tail members can hit each other with their own magic (look Laxus ark or s-class ark) but others cannot? its a just pop out excuse. I really dont like this outside forces coming out of nowhere to change the plot in FT`s favour.
Agreed, just because it's FT's magic doesn't mean it shouldn't hurt them. Surviving one hit from that kind of magic is probable - after all, Erza took Jupiter magic head-on and survived without any permanent damage, but getting up after two of these? Nakama powah.

Ikaruga was better than Erza, both in speed and power. Whether her armorless state increased these two parameters to such a degree that she surpassed her opponent's is unknown...but since she won the fight, it would be safe to assume so.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:07   Link #8039
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It doesn't really matter whether or not you're part of Fairy Tail; Blue Pegasus members have gotten quite a bit of panel time in this arc already, even though it's been so long since their introduction.
Yeah man every 4 arcs or so she'll get an appearance as a part of the supporting caste maybe a little more often if your lucky. I wasn't trying to suggest that we won't ever see Kagura I just doubt we are going to see enough of her to make it worth making legendary Celestial spirits look like wimps or that her character is even worth it.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:41   Link #8040
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Umm, I don't wanna interrupt the who's better than who fights here, but Mangastream released the translated Jason article from the latest FT volume showcasing the stats of each team participating.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen