AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 05:58   Link #581
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's it, the Char 2C has got a wine fridge and YES I KNOW THEY ARE ALL UNDERAGE WHO CARES?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
>_>

<_<

*RUNS*
This just became my timeline banner.
Old 2012-10-29, 07:41   Link #582
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That's it, the Char 2C has got a wine fridge and YES I KNOW THEY ARE ALL UNDERAGE WHO CARES?!

This just became my timeline banner.
Don't be so hasty just yet, that's not the final version. This is.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-10-29 at 08:37. Reason: uploaded version 2
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:07   Link #583
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I suddenly have a peculiar fondness of how they handle national stereotypes...

The familiar tune at the end of Episode 3 was a nice touch and quite fitting for St. Gloriana. I thought I'd never hear it in anime

- Tak
It's a pleasant tune and sounded European. Somehow sets the mood for me that Miho and the others are up against British tanks.

Anyone here know the name of the tune?

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-10-29 at 09:39.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:35   Link #584
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Don't be so hasty just yet, that's not the final version. This is.

Downloaded. Saved. Called the White House.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:35   Link #585
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Anyone here know the name of the tune?
LOL, that tune was the British Grenadiers, man...

Here is hoping they will eventually play Prussian Gloria or Hohenfriederberg anytime soon.

And I wonder what they have in store for a Russian theme...

Maybe it'd be like this one...

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-10-29 at 09:54.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 10:02   Link #586
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Obviously, it has to be this one:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, I'd love to hear Panzerlied sometime here

YouTube

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-10-29, 10:27   Link #587
Random Wanderer

Quote:
You should see one of the official preview images for episode 4 then.
Ah, preview. Hmm... so Miho didn't get splattered all over the top of their tank after all. That's good to know.

Really, drinking tea in a tank during a semi-live-ammo combat... event... thing? Sounds like an open invitation to spilled tea and broken teacups.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 11:17   Link #588
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That did kind of surprise me, especially since she actually seemed to be a pretty good shot during their training battle. Admittedly, that was against targets within a few hundred meters or less, but still she did better at hitting her targets than the opposition did.
I don't know if she's necessarily that good a gunner. The tanks were fighting at 100-150m ranges, and that's almost point-blank. In a Pz.IVD, you'd want to hit targets at least 450m away, and if Hana is good to 700-1000m, then she's worth her weight in gold. The reason why Yukari is better than the other vehicles' gunners is that she didn't panic - that's the reason the Type 89 missed and why the M3 threw a track. Poor Momo has to crew the turret by herself, so she was in trouble from the get-go.

Quote:
If you take the above as true for any tank, then being the loader is actually the best job for Yukari.
In World War II, the driver and gunner tasks are more important than they are today. Gunners at the beginning of the war weren't considered very important because tank engagements were supposed to be much closer-ranged than they turned out to be. Hitting targets at over 1km away is both difficult and highly valued. Today, there's all sorts of targetting equipment to make the job easier, but back then it was basically just optical sights.

Modern tanks are much better engineered than they used to be. Breaking down from engine, transmission, track or suspension failures were commonplace in World War II vehicles. And it was even more common for heavy tanks - the early Panther and the Tiger II being prime examples. Drivers would have to compensate for other design flaws like overly-thin tracks, underpowered engines, and the like.

Tanks with radio operators like the Pz. IV can split miscellaneous maintenance tasks with the loader. So really, while the loader is a very important role, it is still near the bottom of the totem pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ well I think since there is the issue of GAME SAFETY as has been discussed earlier, it seems they are not really using the standard WWII shells. So it is a distinct possibility that the Shells the Tiger is using would be a lot lighter, conforming to safety standards.
The Tiger II's 88mm rounds are around 10kg, so a girl shouldn't have too much trouble with it. For comparison, modern 120mm rounds are about double that.

Quote:
LOL, that tune was the British Grenadiers, man...

Here is hoping they will eventually play Prussian Gloria or Hohenfriederberg anytime soon.

Maybe it'd be like this one...
Maybe they should write up a brand new song and name it for Katyusha.

Quote:
Really, drinking tea in a tank during a semi-live-ammo combat... event... thing? Sounds like an open invitation to spilled tea and broken teacups.
That's probably both a reference to how you can make tea in a modern British tank and a handy bit of characterization.
Old 2012-10-29, 11:38   Link #589
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wow.... there aren't as many battles in anime as nice as the one we got here, but despite a few flakes, the entire battle was totally as awesome as I thought it would be from the manga

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Spoiler for Technobabble:

Also, we got this played during the episode, which is gonna be Sander's (aka the American team) theme, like how St. Gloriana had British Grenadiers:

YouTube

Next episode, we get Shermans. LOTS OF SHERMANS.

Finally, have some cake:

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-10-29 at 11:50.
Old 2012-10-29, 11:48   Link #590
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Haven't watched or read the manga, which one is from the manga? The one in the spoiler?
Old 2012-10-29, 11:52   Link #591
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Haven't watched or read the manga, which one is from the manga? The one in the spoiler?
The ones in the spoiler are the details that aren't seen or changed in the manga. Should've made that more clear.

In any case, the first 3 episodes were clearly just a prelude to the gloriousness that was this episode.

Old 2012-10-29, 12:29   Link #592
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I also like how the local residents are absolutely fine with tanks rolling down their streets. It gave me a chuckle.

Of course, anyone who ever lived in Japan would know... the alleyways of residential areas tend to have just enough space to fit a sedan...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 16:59   Link #593
tsunade666

I just finished the episode.

Indeed its a good battle and unexpected really from when I pick this show up. I didn't expect such a good story, animation and tank battle. I was surprised there.

And onto the battle. I'm not familiar with tanks and their models or fire power but why was the leader of the enemy withstand the attack? its a point blank attack from panzer IV but it didn't dent much the armor of the enemy. They manage to take down 4 enemy with only 2 working or cooperating well with them. A total disadvantage since the one with many girls team had run away and the student council is trigger happy. But still they manage to make it a good match.

Panzer IV sure moves fast and the one with the volleyball team's tank doesn't have enough fire power too to defeat the enemy.

btw I didn't read the spoilers or informations given in the thread before watching the episode so I'm confuse at some point why they withstood the attack from the tank and how strong the attack needed to pierce or defeat the enemy.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:12   Link #594
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And onto the battle. I'm not familiar with tanks and their models or fire power but why was the leader of the enemy withstand the attack? its a point blank attack from panzer IV but it didn't dent much the armor of the enemy.
The Churchill Mk. VII was one of the heaviest-armored tanks in WW2, with only tanks like the PzVI Tiger competing. The side that the PzIV shot, the turret side, has a thickness of 92.25mm. The PzIV's own 75mm KwK 37 L/24 gun doesn't have the penetration power necessary to defeat said thickness of armor even at close range (at 100m, the gun can only penetrate up to 41mm of armor). Do note that the shell itself is shown to have dented the armor, but it wasn't enough to knock out the Churchill.

You can note that the tactics used in this episode involve using tight spaces to force the enemy into close combat not only to enforce guerilla tactics, but in order to improve the penetration power of their guns, which asides from the StuG's are quite frankly lackluster against heavier armored vehicles.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-10-29 at 17:25.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:28   Link #595
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Finally, have some cake:

very appetizing, I'm sure the pastry could do the same? yum
Old 2012-10-29, 17:57   Link #596
gaiar31

Next Team is Saunder

Kei
Naomi
Arisa

waiting for their tank picture
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:09   Link #597
Random Wanderer

Quote:
The Churchill Mk. VII was one of the heaviest-armored tanks in WW2, with only tanks like the PzVI Tiger competing. The side that the PzIV shot, the turret side, has a thickness of 92.25mm. The PzIV's own 75mm KwK 37 L/24 gun doesn't have the penetration power necessary to defeat said thickness of armor even at close range (at 100m, the gun can only penetrate up to 41mm of armor). Do note that the shell itself is shown to have dented the armor, but it wasn't enough to knock out the Churchill.
Wait, they didn't use HEAT? I thought someone said that could get through more armor than that...

EDIT: here it is.
Quote:
A 75mm HEAT round will penetrate up to 100mm of armor.
Haven't caught the episode yet. It's not translated anywhere I've looked.
Old 2012-10-29, 18:25   Link #598
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wait, they didn't use HEAT? I thought someone said that could get through more armor than that...

EDIT: here it is.

Haven't caught the episode yet. It's not translated anywhere I've looked.
Didn't consider that, but checking the numbers, yes the best HEAT ammo for the 75mm Kwk 37 L/24 (the Gr 38 H1/C) will penetrate up to 100mm of armor.

However, keep in mind that this is Senshado, and not real warfare. Considering how devastating the normal regulation shells they use already are (the damage done to the PzIV was horrid), their most powerful HEAT ammo would have certainly been lethal to the occupants of the Churchill had it penetrated, which would be illegal I imagine.

Old 2012-10-29, 18:48   Link #599
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Didn't consider that, but checking the numbers, yes the best HEAT ammo for the 75mm Kwk 37 L/24 (the Gr 38 H1/C) will penetrate up to 100mm of armor.

However, keep in mind that this is Senshado, and not real warfare. Considering how devastating the normal regulation shells they use already are (the damage done to the PzIV was horrid), their most powerful HEAT ammo would have certainly been lethal to the occupants of the Churchill had it penetrated, which would be illegal I imagine.
We've already seen evidence that these aren't full-power rounds. Simulated HEAT is the only thing that could have taken out the STuG during practice. As such, I can't imagine why they wouldn't be using it now.
Old 2012-10-29, 19:23   Link #600
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just hit something in the web...

The biggest/heaviest tank is 120 tons???? Woah!!!!

Images
For Size

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-10-29 at 19:49.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks