AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-14, 04:46   Link #2121
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I tell you. I nearly drop SKNH when I seen that kissing scene. I thought they're just best friends because its pretty common to see two straight girls holding hands. But that scene shocked me for a week.....
Besides the fact you dislike pure yaoi/yuri when everyone are gay, I don't understand such other reasons (though to be precise, I'm indifferent on yaoi/yuri despite not minding them ) when it comes to series with little homosexual undertones (that are not part of the story) like this.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-14, 05:16   Link #2122
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Besides the fact you dislike pure yaoi/yuri when everyone are gay, I don't understand such other reasons (though to be precise, I'm indifferent on yaoi/yuri despite not minding them ) when it comes to series with little homosexual undertones (that are not part of the story) like this.
Realism... it another factor...
Old 2013-01-14, 14:19   Link #2123
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
I know how you feel. I hated it too when Asuna got demoted from a fairly strong female lead to just another damsel-in-distress waiting for the newly overpowered MC to save her.
That was really disappointing...and I'm glad I dropped it after ten.

As soon as I saw Asuna having trouble, I thought, 'She's going to wind up needing to be rescued...'
Old 2013-01-14, 17:43   Link #2124
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

As soon as I saw Asuna having trouble, I thought, 'She's going to wind up needing to be rescued...'
What you say is wrong. If what you said was true then SAO would have a VERY bad, sad, evil ending. Luckily she is not just a "damsel in distress", although she does indeed need to be rescued. But what she does "on her side" was a cruicial part in her getting saved.

I don't want to say anything more, I spoiled enough already.

EDIT: lol i guess this is the first time I "ninjaed" someone on this forum.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2013-01-14 at 18:33.
Old 2013-01-14, 17:49   Link #2125
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

Just to be safe, she didn't just waited to be save, you will find it interesting that she is actually doing something about it.... a really smart one. Watch it again.
Old 2013-01-15, 20:15   Link #2126
kitten320

I like yuri/yaoi... for some odd reasons I actually prefer yuri more, still can't figure out why though.
But once it turns into gay world I just want to facepalm -_-

Hmmm... I wouldn't say so. So called normal series usually don't confirm every single character orientation. And in most cases we end up having close friendship between same sex people so in a way you could say that creators try to imply something more. Who hates yuri/yaoi keeps it at friend bases and who does like it can take things further

And good, looks like I won't have to throw tomatoes at you GenjiChan
Old 2013-01-15, 22:56   Link #2127
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And in most cases we end up having close friendship between same sex people so in a way you could say that creators try to imply something more. Who hates yuri/yaoi keeps it at friend bases and who does like it can take things further
In my opinion, the best yaoi/yuri ships are the implied ones.
Old 2013-01-16, 02:01   Link #2128
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Nichijou and Lucky Star, I just don't get the humor in them, watched half an episode of lucky star and got bored of them talking about food. And Nichijou? I can't remember what happened last time I watched, I got through 5 episodes though, I think.
Old 2013-01-16, 02:16   Link #2129
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most people were bored during Lucky Star's first episode, since they had a roughly 8 minute sketch about food. They got better (depending on your humor tastes) after that. Partucularly after the 4th episode (I started much later in the series, somewhere around 16 I think).
Old 2013-01-16, 02:44   Link #2130
Traece
:cool:

I'm actually surprised that Lucky Star is as popular as it is. Granted, I actually enjoyed the series for many reasons, but as to why the masses like it I'm puzzled. It's a slice of life largely centered around comedy and even more so humor that's sometimes difficult to translate. There's nothing particularly interesting, except the characters have fun and do school work and crack jokes. I guess it was mainly the comedy that drew people in?
Old 2013-01-16, 05:37   Link #2131
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I like yuri/yaoi... for some odd reasons I actually prefer yuri more, still can't figure out why though.
You like cute girls I guess..

Quote:
But once it turns into gay world I just want to facepalm -_-
Actually I delete it.. as before I knew it.

Quote:
And good, looks like I won't have to throw tomatoes at you GenjiChan
Don't you dare! You're lucky I'm shy around girls...
Old 2013-01-16, 16:02   Link #2132
kitten320

^Actually cute anime girls piss the hell out of me

I think I start to figure out why... in yuri world there are lots of tomboys while in yaoi guys tend to be very girly... Looks like I'm after manliness and toughness

Lol
Old 2013-01-16, 23:23   Link #2133
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I'm actually surprised that Lucky Star is as popular as it is. Granted, I actually enjoyed the series for many reasons, but as to why the masses like it I'm puzzled. It's a slice of life largely centered around comedy and even more so humor that's sometimes difficult to translate. There's nothing particularly interesting, except the characters have fun and do school work and crack jokes. I guess it was mainly the comedy that drew people in?
For me, it's Konata. I cannot resist shows that center around otaku characters...I just love them all because it's like looking in a mirror.
Old 2013-01-17, 00:18   Link #2134
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
For me, it's Konata. I cannot resist shows that center around otaku characters...I just love them all because it's like looking in a mirror.
I was actually thinking that same thing whilst making that post.

The Konata character I suspect was the centerpiece for Lucky Star. Having a character that parallels a good number of the audience makes it a more accessible show. Her antics were very appealing and not unlike my own in most respects.

Maybe I'll take this time to comment about Zeta Gundam a little bit. I don't want to do a Bleach-esque rant because I don't feel as strongly about it, but I certainly did not enjoy Zeta. The main character always seemed so very childish and idiotic in my eyes, and more so than its predecessor. Sure, he could sort of pilot a mobile suit, but no matter how hard I try I don't see anything resembling a promising young pilot in him. At least Amuro was a veritable genius with great piloting skills and his newtype abilities giving him an advantage. Kamille always felt so average even though he was similar in some respects. Just as well, the series had a lot of boring character interactions and felt oddly paced to me. I didn't have any real connection with the warring factions as their motivations weren't nearly as well developed as the original two. By the time I reached the final 10 episodes or so, I was so tired of the characters and the villain that I just couldn't finish it. Kamille never got better to me, and in fact I felt like he got worse. A lot of the characters also felt extremely shallow to me. In the original there were a lot of supporting and minor characters who got varying amounts of back story. Even some of the one-off villains had a profound effect on the progression of the story by them simply being defeated, and I still remember the two Zeon officers that devastated Amuro's mental health by their being such badasses. That kind of stuff was absent from Zeta, and I felt a lot of the rivals and villains were almost a nuisance. Zeta just became kids running around fighting in mobile suits and making fools of themselves with their reception to their dramas. ZZ I didn't start, obviously. I did watch Char's Counterattack however, and I was thrilled to see a decent end to that series.

OK. So it was a short rant.
Old 2013-01-17, 17:48   Link #2135
kitten320

I still have to watch Lucky Star, though cute art is a bit of a push away and knowing my taste in comedy I might dislike it =/
Old 2013-01-18, 00:30   Link #2136
NoemiChan
Banned

I don't hate Konata.. its that "Kyou-like" girl is the one pissing me off..
Old 2013-01-18, 01:22   Link #2137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What the purpled haired twin tailed twin? Kagami?
Old 2013-01-18, 01:26   Link #2138
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What the purpled haired twin tailed twin? Kagami?
Yups, she's the one...I think..... I hate her being tsundere around Konata....

Update: Vividred Operation.... Too much Lily moe is worst than any ecchi anime....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-18 at 02:17.
Old 2013-01-18, 16:00   Link #2139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I loved the series overall (especially Kagami) but yeah, I have no idea why it took off the way it did (maybe it was mostly the frenetic OP sequence). It is fairly oblique humor. Like the running food gag in the first episode is classic in the same way a George Burns & Gracie Allen gag is. Slow buildup of incremental insanity. Or listening to the ocean in a shell ... and then the dozens of puns that a western viewer would not get at all unless the subber was providing footnotes.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:46   Link #2140
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yups, she's the one...I think..... I hate her being tsundere around Konata....
She annoys me too. She has that air like she thinks she's better than all the other girls and comes off as a snob to me. >_>

Quote:
Or listening to the ocean in a shell ... and then the dozens of puns that a western viewer would not get at all unless the subber was providing footnotes.
Well, that scene totally killed me. XD
Spoiler:

*shudders*

Ewwwwwwww.....