AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 10:03   Link #6101
ronin myael
lost ronin

sorry, but the only thing i could remember from this chapter is the lucy and kana bathing scene. lol mashima hiro really likes his "nude" scenes, eh?
Old 2011-09-17, 10:54   Link #6102
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno but it looks more like a giant black bird than a dragon...just look at the wings and tail.
And the head reminds me of the Edolas dragons or whatever they were.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:30   Link #6103
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

maybe it is bahamut?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:42   Link #6104
Tenza-Zangetsu

Gildarts, what a player
Tenza-Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:00   Link #6105
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenza-Zangetsu View Post
Gildarts, what a player
hell yeah what a guy.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:06   Link #6106
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

I'm actually looking forward to watching Acnologia obliterate Tenrou Island and pawn FT. They've had a few too many victories under their belt, so it's about time they have a solid defeat handed to them.

Gildarts is still awesome though. XD
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 16:27   Link #6107
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Acnologia... does not look like a dragon.
Giant beast, wings, horns, tail... looks like a dragon to me. Yeah sure, it lacks the leathery wings so common in western dragons, but there's plenty of dragons with feathery wings out there. Asian mythology is filled with them (when they even had wings, that is).
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 16:40   Link #6108
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Giant beast, wings, horns, tail... looks like a dragon to me. Yeah sure, it lacks the leathery wings so common in western dragons, but there's plenty of dragons with feathery wings out there. Asian mythology is filled with them (when they even had wings, that is).
It looks more like a demonic Fenghuang to me than even an Eastern dragon, was my point (which I probably should have actually said... ).
Old 2011-09-17, 17:09   Link #6109
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Feather wing dragons would be South America Dragons.

Asian dragons don't have wings.
Old 2011-09-17, 17:48   Link #6110
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
lol mashima hiro really likes his "nude" scenes, eh?
Probably less than you'd think. Back in Rave Master, he apparently promised to do a shower scene with Elie, then put off doing it for quite a while. To the point that fanmail began nagging him about it. This was apparently partially out of reluctance, and partially out of lack of a good place to put it. After a few volumes he finally went ahead and placed one as one of the end of volume bonus pages.

Only instead of simply including it, he had the last question of the Q&A be about it, gave a longish response that ending in something along the lines of "ok, here you go" that required the reader to turn the page. The next page being a shower scene of the two most ugly and annoying male character's on the hero's side, with a caption along the lines of "oops, let's check back after the fan art section". Then a couple pages later after the fan art section was the Elie Shower scene.

He's gotten more comfortable with such fanservice over the course of Fairy Tail's run, but personally I suspect that those chapters at the start of the year where the cover page one week was topless Lucy posing on her bed, and the next week was a topless Ichiya in the same pose on his bed; was a gentle reminder that if he's bugged too much to include more fan service, he may just make it service of characters we really don't want to see service of.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 17:56   Link #6111
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Probably less than you'd think. Back in Rave Master, he apparently promised to do a shower scene with Elie, then put off doing it for quite a while. To the point that fanmail began nagging him about it. This was apparently partially out of reluctance, and partially out of lack of a good place to put it. After a few volumes he finally went ahead and placed one as one of the end of volume bonus pages.

Only instead of simply including it, he had the last question of the Q&A be about it, gave a longish response that ending in something along the lines of "ok, here you go" that required the reader to turn the page. The next page being a shower scene of the two most ugly and annoying male character's on the hero's side, with a caption along the lines of "oops, let's check back after the fan art section". Then a couple pages later after the fan art section was the Elie Shower scene.

He's gotten more comfortable with such fanservice over the course of Fairy Tail's run, but personally I suspect that those chapters at the start of the year where the cover page one week was topless Lucy posing on her bed, and the next week was a topless Ichiya in the same pose on his bed; was a gentle reminder that if he's bugged too much to include more fan service, he may just make it service of characters we really don't want to see service of.
LOL. I still remember that Ichya with horror Interesting little anecdote though.. although on the other hand, I doubt anybody draws boobs like that if he does not at least like em a tiny little bit.
Old 2011-09-17, 20:21   Link #6112
MechR

Quote:
Acnologia... does not look like a dragon.
Doesn't it look a bit like the Fairy Tail emblem, though?

Coincidence?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:57   Link #6113
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

kudos to Gildarts , I wonder how many other love children does he have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
maybe it is bahamut?
Spoiler for This?:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:49   Link #6114
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
being pissed off doesn't suit your usual cool, ya know:

chill out, maybe a tea instead of coffeine for once?

seriously...yeah you are right, all those scenes listed would fit the bill, but thatonly flies under the assumption that Mashima a) works dilligently and this is all 100% planned and b) does not throw around red herrings for the fun of it. So yeah, good chance you are rite, but to say it with Makarov's words when being faced with Natsu messing up Erza's council trial:"We shall patiently wait for the results"...

Spoiler for 251:
I'm sorry haegar, I really am. It's just that people keep relating someone dying with Charle's visions and it pisses me off. Hell, some are so retarded to say that Cana crying hasn't happened yet and that it will happen but she'll be wearing the clothes she's wearing now. It's getting very tiring that some people can be THAT slow and annoying.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:15   Link #6115
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Don't usually see 'powerful' people in mangas flipping out so naturally like Gildartz. But its all good.

But however promising a father Gildartz may seem to be, I sense he will be easily distracted.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:26   Link #6116
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If he lives after Tenrou, I can see him and Cana being like Brock and Misty, that everytime he sees a hot chick and gets flirty, she pulls him by his ear and takes him away>v<.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:33   Link #6117
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
If he lives after Tenrou, I can see him and Cana being like Brock and Misty, that everytime he sees a hot chick and gets flirty, she pulls him by his ear and takes him away>v<.
Well there's only so much time they can spend together really. If Gildarts get sent out on an S-class mission, let alone SS, Cana probably wouldn't be able to come with him. Then again, it is Gildarts we're talking about...
Old 2011-09-18, 05:30   Link #6118
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
It looks more like a demonic Fenghuang to me than even an Eastern dragon, was my point (which I probably should have actually said... ).
Well, it is supposed to be something that heralds the ending of an age... but a fenghuang? I don't know, I'm on the other side of the fence, looks too dragon-like to be a fenghuang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Feather wing dragons would be South America Dragons.

Asian dragons don't have wings.
Generally not, no. But when they were they did tend to be bird wings. Or at least that's my experience. But yeah, south America is a better example in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I hope he does. Don't get me wrong, sometimes a dramatic death can serve to spike up the tension, but Gildartz dieing so shortly after the events in this chapter? That'd be a bit too much forcing the drama for my tastes.

While on the subject, I think this next battle is approaching a bit too fast. We just settled a big battle arc, a bit of juxtaposition would be appreciated here.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 07:48   Link #6119
MechR

Quote:
While on the subject, I think this next battle is approaching a bit too fast. We just settled a big battle arc, a bit of juxtaposition would be appreciated here.
I think the couple chapters of celebration they had was enough. I almost thought they'd escape disaster since Zeref hitchhiked off the island before cutting loose, but nope, Acnologia flew right back.

Put another way, this arc ain't over yet. Mashima put alot of resources into hinting at a big loss for FT; It just turns out it'll be due to the black dragon rather than GH winning, or the Council nuking the island, or Zeref waking up. They dodged every bullet except the last one.

(Well, okay, they could still dodge this too... and then I'll be pissed.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 10:15   Link #6120
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
(Well, okay, they could still dodge this too... and then I'll be pissed.)
Indeed. I'd say 90% chance Mashima fails at killing anyone.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen