AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-17, 23:26   Link #61
matsuno

Sanji is noted for his overly curly eyebrow. Its why it was enfasised in the bounty poster. Its a typical witness sketch, playing on defining features. Hence the smoking, heavy hair covering of his left eye, and the eyebrow's curliness.
Old 2006-11-17, 23:39   Link #62
Elemental-Magus
Tin-Plate Wapol

Bounties finally. I've been waiting for the Strawhats to get bounties. I was a little surprised at Namis though. Only 16? Arlong had a bigger bounty, oh well I glad they got bounties ^^
Old 2006-11-17, 23:48   Link #63
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Now that I think about it, I guess the only person that overly emphasized Sanji's eyebrows was Wanze. Since, he was usually working separately from the others (and unknown to the WG community before his pirate job), I guess the only place they could have collected information was through his recent fight with the WG officers. If Wanze is really the person to provide that information, then we can say he got his revenge.

The only person in the group, who would care about his appearance when it comes to ladies seeing his picture, fell victim to the worst photo in the group. And he gave a nice laughing material to his eternal rival in the group.
Old 2006-11-18, 10:42   Link #64
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If Wanze is really the person to provide that information, then we can say he got his revenge.
That would make perfect sense i think
Old 2006-11-18, 11:12   Link #65
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Monkey Duffy, lol, I love typos.
it's not typos :P it's the way he'll be remembered XD like GolD Roger XD

Wanze is the crappy cook from the train?
Old 2006-11-18, 11:36   Link #66
AnbuItachi

im suprised that luffy's is 300m i thought it would be around 200. 300 is so high its like tripling. what would happen if he defeat another strong dood? 900m? its going up so fast. he has more bounty than bunch of shichibukais and almost caught up to flamingo
Old 2006-11-18, 12:27   Link #67
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
im suprised that luffy's is 300m i thought it would be around 200. 300 is so high its like tripling. what would happen if he defeat another strong dood? 900m? its going up so fast. he has more bounty than bunch of shichibukais and almost caught up to flamingo
Well,

A.) bounties isn't an absolute indication of strength, meaning that his bounty could be higher than all the shichibukai's but that doesn't mean he's stronger than all of them

B.) the shichibukai's gave up their bounties when they became warlords, meaning if they were still pirates now it could be higher.

C.) I think 300m is a fair price considering that he destroyed Enies Lobby, defeated over 1000 soldiers by himself, also defeated Blueno and the leader of cp9 Rob lucci, not to mention specifically ordering the burning of a naval flag. I wouldn't expect anything less than 300 mill under those circumstances. Come on these are the people who thought blowing up 7 naval ships is the equivalent to a 78 million bounty.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-11-18, 14:32   Link #68
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Well,

A.) bounties isn't an absolute indication of strength, meaning that his bounty could be higher than all the shichibukai's but that doesn't mean he's stronger than all of them

B.) the shichibukai's gave up their bounties when they became warlords, meaning if they were still pirates now it could be higher.

C.) I think 300m is a fair price considering that he destroyed Enies Lobby, defeated over 1000 soldiers by himself, also defeated Blueno and the leader of cp9 Rob lucci, not to mention specifically ordering the burning of a naval flag. I wouldn't expect anything less than 300 mill under those circumstances. Come on these are the people who thought blowing up 7 naval ships is the equivalent to a 78 million bounty.
And lets not forget that the marines calculate the threat accordingly to the crews total bounty.

thats a pretty BIG bounty. they dont have a bunch of shits like Bellamy (who was considered one of the strong guys in the crew, despite being killed by Don Flaming for being such a wuss).
Old 2006-11-18, 15:35   Link #69
matsuno

Its true, at 670,000,050 belli, the crew's bounty is many times more than a number most of us ever really expected to see outside of Shank's and Whitebeard's crews.

That does raise the question though, just how much is the total bounty on their crews? I mean if a new recruit to Shank's crew was worth 7% of the Mugiwara total bounty, they must be many times the valueof the Mugiwara still. :P
Old 2006-11-18, 15:45   Link #70
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Now that I think about it, I guess the only person that overly emphasized Sanji's eyebrows was Wanze. Since, he was usually working separately from the others (and unknown to the WG community before his pirate job), I guess the only place they could have collected information was through his recent fight with the WG officers. If Wanze is really the person to provide that information, then we can say he got his revenge.
yeah that's true .. but there is one strange point though...

what about Sogeking !!! he only appeared in the sea train don't u think the marines having his picture and not sanji is weird ??
Old 2006-11-18, 16:57   Link #71
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post

what about Sogeking !!! he only appeared in the sea train don't u think the marines having his picture and not sanji is weird ??
the picture of Sogeking wasnt in the Aqua Laguna tho. it was outside under a blue sky no? (most likely at EL)

Quote:
That does raise the question though, just how much is the total bounty on their crews? I mean if a new recruit to Shank's crew was worth 7% of the Mugiwara total bounty, they must be many times the valueof the Mugiwara still. :P
it also looked like their crews were bigger thank the SHs...
Old 2006-11-18, 19:01   Link #72
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:

Sogeking drew attention to himself more than Sanji; he commanded the giants, he attacked the WG flag, and later on he attacked Spandam. His photo might have been taken around those times.

We can safely consider Sanji in the same position as Chopper; except for the Sea train where Sanji fought against the WG officers, where Sanji was, Chopper was also there (the last fights at the bridge, appearance at the tower). At the end Chopper stayed as almost bounty-less, and his name was posted with a cute picture rather than his humanoid form. (also note that neither Nami nor Chopper did get a picture from the fighting scenes).

Maybe, their fights against the CP9 members were not taken into account accurately.
Old 2006-11-18, 23:59   Link #73
RogSqdLdr

Knowing Oda, I don't think the new Strawhat ship finishing faster than the projected 5 days is a coincidence. Especially with Blackbeard planning to head for Water 7 to hunt down Luffy's crew.

I love Ace and know he's freakishly strong, but considering he's facing ALL of Blackbeard's crew I highly doubt he'll stop them from chasing after Luffy.

It might take another 2 chapters, or 10 chapters, or 50. But by the time the manga shows Blackbeard getting to Water 7 Luffy should be long gone
Old 2006-11-19, 02:43   Link #74
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Well,

Bounty = person's strength + level of threat to the WG, as interpreted by the WG.
Not a perfect equation of course. You can be the strongest person and not have that high of a bounty. Such as the marine members. What if it was just some random guy on some random island?
Weak people can also have high bounties. What if this person was a maniac and capable of inventing a nuke?

So I guess the real bounty equation would be:

How bad the WG wants them caught + How hard it is to actually catch/kill them = Bounty.
Old 2006-11-19, 12:18   Link #75
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Bounty = person's strength + level of threat to the WG, as interpreted by the WG.
Not a perfect equation of course. You can be the strongest person and not have that high of a bounty. Such as the marine members. What if it was just some random guy on some random island?
Weak people can also have high bounties. What if this person was a maniac and capable of inventing a nuke?

So I guess the real bounty equation would be:

How bad the WG wants them caught + How hard it is to actually catch/kill them = Bounty.
umm. if that so what about robin bounty ?? no one saw robin DF power in the past and she got 79 mili bile when she was 8 years old ... 20 years and the WG wasn't able to catch her.
she read more ponygraph and joined croc orgnization, then she joined SH crew and was responsible for the destruction of EL in indirect way, and she even managed to knock out svereal numbers of marines captains and other ranks, and she (take her revenge on Spendum) ... and after all that her bounty only increased by 1 mili ??

also being protected by high bounties pirate crew .. don't u consider it hard to get bounty ??

Quote:
the picture of Sogeking wasnt in the Aqua Laguna tho. it was outside under a blue sky no? (most likely at EL)
Quote:
We can safely consider Sanji in the same position as Chopper; except for the Sea train where Sanji fought against the WG officers, where Sanji was, Chopper was also there (the last fights at the bridge, appearance at the tower). At the end Chopper stayed as almost bounty-less, and his name was posted with a cute picture rather than his humanoid form. (also note that neither Nami nor Chopper did get a picture from the fighting scenes).
umm. let me see
the only place where sanji didn't appear and Sogeking stayed for sometime was one Sogeking was snipping above the (CP9 HQ). it was before buster call arrive by 5- 10 min. and another one when the where fighting the captains but the picture wasn't from there.

so this faming-chan head towards EL when he heard the news or buster call, and ony managed to get Sogeking picture when he was in roof ?? but he didn't have time to get Sanji or maybe he didn't know about him ?

i was thinking about the next bounties .. but do u think they will increase Sogeking bounty and give Usoops a new bounty, giving him 2 bounties ?
Old 2006-11-19, 22:05   Link #76
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
umm. let me see
the only place where sanji didn't appear and Sogeking stayed for sometime was one Sogeking was snipping above the (CP9 HQ). it was before buster call arrive by 5- 10 min. and another one when the where fighting the captains but the picture wasn't from there.

so this faming-chan head towards EL when he heard the news or buster call, and ony managed to get Sogeking picture when he was in roof ?? but he didn't have time to get Sanji or maybe he didn't know about him ?
No, that is not the only time Usopp was separated from Sanji. Before reaching the tower, Usopp was moving alongside the giants. The face in the picture does not seem to allow the location where it was pictured.

Also, even if the photo was taken at the tower (it has lower probability then the other cases), it might have been taken in response to him burning the flag, more like picturing the event rather than picturing the enemies.

I have checked Robin's picture, there seem to be fighting going on around her, so maybe the ones who took the picture were the WG officers that arrive from the headquarters, the ones on the ship. Only Robin and Sogeking were highly noticeable at that time (in addition to Luffy, and maybe Franky).

Also, one of the things that prevented Sanji to be noticed is maybe because he wasn't using any kind of weapon.
Old 2006-11-20, 02:15   Link #77
miko tian

is there any chance we'll see Jimbei in the merman isle arc?
Old 2006-11-20, 02:52   Link #78
chitgoks

we'll find out pretty soon..
Old 2006-11-20, 08:11   Link #79
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko tian View Post
is there any chance we'll see Jimbei in the merman isle arc?
Id be pretty sure of that
Old 2006-11-20, 16:29   Link #80
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Id be pretty sure of that
I'm almost positive of that. I can't wait to see what he looks like. It's been speculated that jimbei is some sort of whale. I'm guessing gear three would come in handy against a giant whale wouldn't you say? I just hope his crew or subordinates are stronger than Arlong's. The only one who really gave them any trouble was Arlong himself. Sure, at first glance it seemed they were pretty tough but from what I recall:

1. Zoro was fighting Hatchi while he was half passed out and severly injured from a previous battle.

2. Sanji was fighting sting ray guy while trying to save Luffy at the same time, not to mention he was underwater where he was at a disadvantage (which is going to play a big factor in the upcoming battle.)

3. Usopp defeated Choo...nuff said.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Closed Thread