Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-27, 17:30   Link #541
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Well, I got my boxset today. Packaging is pretty good quality and I'm surprised we got a book again this time around. Bonus disc is great, and I'm assuming we'll be getting another bonus disc for that last boxset. Unless they pull something completely unexpected and package Arietta along with part 2 of The Natural.

Oh yeah, after playing hacky sack with Aria-sanchou, I decided to give it to my younger brother. I let him watch the Animation so he's become a bit of an Aria fan himself - his favorites seem to be Alice and Alicia. He also agrees with me that the cat is disgusting.
I hope that the bonus for the second box will be Arietta. Trying to sell Arietta alone will be difficult.
In France, Arietta will come with Vol 8 of Aria for one more euro than the usual manga price .
Old 2009-01-27, 18:30   Link #542
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
I hope that the bonus for the second box will be Arietta. Trying to sell Arietta alone will be difficult.
In France, Arietta will come with Vol 8 of Aria for one more euro than the usual manga price .
Damn. France Rocks.
Old 2009-01-28, 02:02   Link #543
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yay... stuff arrived!!! and it came with a squishable martian cat o.0
Old 2009-01-28, 13:10   Link #544
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Lucky guy, it seem tha Amazon.ca didn't even get the boxset yet.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:09   Link #545
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
I'd buy Arietta as a stand alone dvd. Then again I'd be buying Aria no matter how they sold it as long as I was able to come up with the money at some point. I'm expecting it to be included as an extra with either the Natural set 2 or the Origination though.

Still one extra euro for the OVA is a great deal. I mean it goes for what, 5000 yen as a stand alone in Japan?

Though that does make me wonder, just how much does manga cost there in France?
Old 2009-01-28, 17:26   Link #546
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I'd buy Arietta as a stand alone dvd. Then again I'd be buying Aria no matter how they sold it as long as I was able to come up with the money at some point. I'm expecting it to be included as an extra with either the Natural set 2 or the Origination though.

Still one extra euro for the OVA is a great deal. I mean it goes for what, 5000 yen as a stand alone in Japan?

Though that does make me wonder, just how much does manga cost there in France?
Just 6.95 Euros. Yes, cheaper than Tokyopop version for more content. Exactly the same quality than the Japanese release

You get your revenge with US anime release cheaper and way better than the french version which cover only Arietta + Origination

Origination will have 14 Eps with the bonus ep 5.5 so it is likely included to Natural Box 2 (13 ep + 1 ep OVA).
Old 2009-01-28, 22:43   Link #547
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Forget what I said earlier, I just reseived the e-mais confirming the shipping of my copie (still later than they should but it could be worse...)
Old 2009-02-04, 14:50   Link #548
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Got my precious
Watched the bonus. Saito is a master mind, plotting that music fit perfectly with every scene.

Saito's family meetings must been Dekkai special.
Old 2009-02-05, 01:43   Link #549
Vulcannis

Just finished watching the specials. While I don't think anything can top the Venice trip from the Animation, I enjoyed them all this time. There were a couple in Animation that I didn't finish, but these were all interesting. Euphoria is my favourite OP of all time so it was cool seeing and hearing the singer discuss it. And the sound design one was especially interesting, I never realized that Choro Club made cameo's, and I always wondered if Coccoro's lyrics were real or not. Though it was sad seeing Kawai Eri. I hope the specials for part 2 are as good.
Old 2009-03-04, 23:57   Link #550
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Just started re-watching The Natural for the nth time (wow, it's been a year since ARIA ended) and I noticed that Akari "ogles" Ai for the first time in episode 1. Perhaps Junichi Satou really was a perfect mind for Aria.
Old 2009-03-05, 18:48   Link #551
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Of course, he was the perfect mind, you can see the reflection of it in his Venezia Gomen.

Umm... What? "Ogles"?
Old 2009-03-05, 19:04   Link #552
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Of course, he was the perfect mind, you can see the reflection of it in his Venezia Gomen.

Umm... What? "Ogles"?
Ogle
v. To look at with amorous intentions.
Akari: I don't know why, but I just I felt kind of happy.
Ai: Huh? You're weird, Akari-san.
Walter Sobchak: Eight-year-olds, dude.

Dunno. Had to choose "ogle"- that's the best way I could put it.
Old 2009-04-01, 03:17   Link #553
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

and yay again.... My copy of the second half of Natural arrived today....

I'm developing quite a "fortress of ARIA" on my shelf... shame I missed out on the figures...
Old 2009-04-01, 06:24   Link #554
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Damn. I keep missing the extras every DVD release. Now I'm back on ALL THREE DVD RELEASES.

Oh well. If Origination has amazing extras, I'll be sure to keep up this time. Though a $100+ pricetag will probably hit me then. Too many videogame purchases.

Speaking of packaging, does anyone know how good the printing work is on the actual DVDs and the packaging? I'm really curious since I'm so used to the really high edge Geneon prints (AMAZING DVD artwork and extra-high-class box material. heh) and ADV thinpaks sometimes having faded colors and lackluster DVD-art quality (Azumanga and a few others).
Old 2009-04-01, 09:28   Link #555
GundamNanoha
Clone of Mod

huuuu i never though theres still an aria thread here i love that anime even gundam cant beat my heart of an Aria fan......
Old 2009-04-01, 09:46   Link #556
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamNanoha View Post
huuuu i never though theres still an aria thread here i love that anime even gundam cant beat my heart of an Aria fan......
Ditto here. Seed got downgraded to my 2nd fav, behind ARIA.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Old 2009-04-01, 09:53   Link #557
GundamNanoha
Clone of Mod

same here UC Gundam downgraded too Aria is too much too much too much good very very very very very great anime hope there's new season one day....
Old 2009-04-01, 10:12   Link #558
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
huuuu i never though theres still an aria thread here
Quote:
Mommy, mommy. Where do the threads that no one posts in go?
I couldn't help but imagining such a scene when I read that
Old 2009-04-01, 10:22   Link #559
GundamNanoha
Clone of Mod

though because i came back to this forum after almost 5 month not login i think coz i came here again for see any info all about aria...
Old 2009-04-01, 15:57   Link #560
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Got my second Natural box set yesterday. Like my other Aria sets it occupies a very prominent place on my dvd shelf. Once again a nice guidebook, though I have to say I like the one in the first box set better. Now I just need the Orgination and Arietta to complete my collection.

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life