AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 07:41   Link #1281
brocko

Don't those chests all come out a good while after the games initial release though? =/

These delays don't bother me too much, I wasn't really expecting it to be released anytime soon anyway. And plus this means there's less distractions within the near future so my chances of failing uni ain't as high lol XD

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 08:44   Link #1282
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Since there'll be 2 expansions, I doubt the battle chest will be out as fast as it usually is.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 11:35   Link #1283
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Since there'll be 2 expansions, I doubt the battle chest will be out as fast as it usually is.
Give it about another 5-10 years and it'll be ready by then. XD
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 12:31   Link #1284
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

LOL

Realistically though, given that all they're gonna work on for Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void are the campaigns and any campaign specific and new units, it shouldn't take around 2-4 years before we see a SC2 Battle Chest. (Brood War was released in the same year as Starcraft, showing that they can do awesome expansions FAST if needed).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 19:52   Link #1285
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Yeah but knowing Blizzard's track record of late 'fast' isn't how I would describe the company overall in terms of operation.
Old 2009-09-02, 07:29   Link #1286
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Yeah but knowing Blizzard's track record of late 'fast' isn't how I would describe the company overall in terms of operation.
Well South Korea is going to have youths skipping National Service because they have to participate in SC2 tournaments, or there is going to be a 100% addiction rate within the country.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:18   Link #1287
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well South Korea is going to have youths skipping National Service because they have to participate in SC2 tournaments, or there is going to be a 100% addiction rate within the country.
Then that means they'll have an army of gamers making a bid for world domination. XD
Old 2009-09-02, 11:28   Link #1288
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Then that means they'll have an army of gamers making a bid for world domination. XD
Yeah. I remember an old quote old friend of mine who hardcores Starcraft :

If North Korea decides to invade the South, they would

1. Have to beat back hordes of clawed Rhinoceros
2. Defeat amphibious infantry armed with Gauss rifles
3. Avoid having their command centers being decimated by an energy cannon named after an anime.

Either way, Kim will be infested by a hyperevolutionary virus or succumb to the Starcraft Syndrome. I would make him bet North Korea at the World Cyber Games and use that place for testing out psychics and human-alien hybrids.

So theoretically, the North can't win, being against Zerglings or their South neighbours. They did better off be making peace.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-09-02, 11:32   Link #1289
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Ah yes good 'ol Kim Jong Il becoming victim to the Zerg Infestation. He's doesn't have long for this world anyway...
Old 2009-09-02, 12:24   Link #1290
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Solving the Korean problem....with Starcraft 2 played ob both sides of the border in mass team events. Loser takes new trade packages, or gives up a nuclear weapon.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:27   Link #1291
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Solving the Korean problem....with Starcraft 2 played ob both sides of the border in mass team events. Loser takes new trade packages, or gives up a nuclear weapon.
Careful not to give away the nukes where the cores haven't been decommissioned yet. ^^
Old 2009-09-02, 13:13   Link #1292
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Good idea. Let's suggest this to UN while the UN Secretary is still Korean.

Old 2009-09-12, 12:50   Link #1293
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PC IGN: Story and Starcraft II

Excerpt from an interview by PC IGN with Andrew Chambers, lead writer for Starcraft II:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC IGN
To answer your question about whether it's all happening at the same time – it's intended to be sequential, so our expansion will pick up from the very end of the first game, Wings of Liberty, and suffice to say, at the end of Wings of Liberty it should be a very satisfying conclusion, but there's a lot of doors still open – 'but what about?', 'isn't that going to mean?!', 'did you think about?', and so on. [And then] in the Zerg campaign we've already got natural conflicts set up, so hopefully it will be a satisfactory conclusion, but also [opens up] a lot more opportunities to continue the story forward from there.
So it's no longer the "three parallel campaigns same ending" deal that was mentioned months ago...

Also interesting to note that Andrew Chambers was previously a writer for Games Workshop...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:12   Link #1294
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So it's no longer the "three parallel campaigns same ending" deal that was mentioned months ago.
Ugh, I'm sick of this silly misconception. They never said that! They said that no matter what path you take on a run through a compaign, it will always have the same ending. I keep seeing people who keep taking that as "all campaigns will have the same ending". No, it's that the campaigns will have multiples paths but only one ending. In fact, I think I clarified this with you sometime in the past, LoweGear.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:21   Link #1295
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I myself am somewhat disappointed at that. It makes any choice you make in the story... in fact the entire choice based system a bit of a pointless thing in the game.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:37   Link #1296
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I myself am somewhat disappointed at that. It makes any choice you make in the story... in fact the entire choice based system a bit of a pointless thing in the game.
Otherwise it'd be kind of difficult to craft a consistent storyline throughout all campaigns though, wouldn't it?
Old 2009-09-12, 14:17   Link #1297
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Depends. Having 3 separate endings would merely require the game to be able to find a savegame and pick up which ending you have completed (or provide a selection).

The real pain in the rear then becomes writing proper intros for these endings, effectively tripling your work. At least as far as intros are concerned, mid-way the scenarios don't need to rely as much on the choices you made in part 1.
Old 2009-09-12, 14:28   Link #1298
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yeah, don't try to make a VN out of Starcraft please.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 15:20   Link #1299
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There will always be a set of rails to get you eventually to an end point in the story. The other threads will all lead there eventually, and most of the choice factor you get will be related to what units you have at the end, not the effect of the story.

That way the major events of the previous story still work for the next story. You still have to win the battles to continue on, so it wouldn't be that different than the way the Starcraft 1 storylines when...Terran, Zerg, Protass, then Protass, Terran, Zerg.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:38   Link #1300
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yeah, don't try to make a VN out of Starcraft please.
They shouldn't have paraded the whole choice thing as if it was something that actually mattered then.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows