AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-09, 00:47   Link #21
deadite

Also Poppo seems to be Emo in the PV
Old 2011-05-09, 00:47   Link #22
darkmanure

Next episode is going to be interesting then. I expect haters already.
Old 2011-05-09, 02:05   Link #23
Cal-Reflector

Previews are raising a global shit storm, literally.

There's rage, and there's also plenty who are traumatized from similar developments/character revelations in other shows, where a popular female character has sex (consensual or otherwise) with someone else besides the protagonist.

Generates even more of a negative emotional reaction from fandom than if said female character died a terrible death.

Don't think female-oriented content (anime and manga) has quite the same dynamic. Sexual promiscuity for the hero/popular male character is a much more common feature.
Old 2011-05-09, 04:49   Link #24
darkmanure

Where is all the rage at? I want to read some.
Old 2011-05-09, 05:12   Link #25
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

...Oh git... Here we go... >.>;;;
Spoiler for Episode 5 preview is... erm... controversial... o_o:
O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Old 2011-05-09, 05:23   Link #26
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Well, that preview could still be misleading. It might be a flashback of something that didn't happen, when the man embraces her, she might have reconsidered it and ran away.

Alternatively, let's not see all black when it looks black or all white when it looks white. I have a more plausible theory:

Her two "friends" are pushing her into enjou kyousai (most likely something the two of them are doing already) and she's kind of forced to do it, to be "one of them" or to be "cool". So when they arrange a meeting for Anaru, she goes, but she's still split between something she probably doesn't want to do, or lose her evil schoolmates if she doesn't. What will her choice be?

This might even be the catalyst splitting her from her bad company and pushing the return to her roots (Jintan and the other childhood friends). Hints of Anaru not being at ease with her current companions have been shown quite frequently during previous episodes.
Old 2011-05-09, 05:26   Link #27
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Well, that preview could still be misleading. It might be a flashback of something that didn't happen, when the man embraces her, she might have reconsidered it and ran away.

Alternatively, I have a more plausible theory:

Her two "friends" are pushing her into enjou kyousai (most likely something they're doing already) and she's kind of forced to do it, to be "one of them". So when they arrange a meeting for Anaru, she goes, but she's still split between something she probably doesn't want to do, or lose her evil schoolmates if she doesn't. What will her choice be?

This might even be the catalyst splitting her from her bad company and pushing the return to her roots (Jintan and the other childhood friends).
Oh yeah, that's perfectly possible, and I'm praying that this is just the case.

Unfortunately, people have to wait four more days to find out, and I can perfectly understand the amount of rage building up over that one little scene... >.>;;;

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Old 2011-05-09, 08:03   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
First few messages were hilarious!

Spoiler for ep.5 preview images:

One step closer to my bad end
The screen where Menma is doing the Shaft head tilt is the one that caught my attention first

I'm not worried one bit about Anaru. I'm sure she'll back out. She's not the type of girl who would do that kind of things, even if her friends encouraged her to do so.
Old 2011-05-09, 08:52   Link #29
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The screen where Menma is doing the Shaft head tilt is the one that caught my attention first
LOL, not the title's event potentially being explained (first cap), nor anaru's attempt at making her nickname more representative (later three caps) Anyway, I noticed that too, but given Menma's condition, first thing coming to my mind was that girl from the first Exorcist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not worried one bit about Anaru. I'm sure she'll back out. She's not the type of girl who would do that kind of things, even if her friends encouraged her to do so.
Those were the famous last thoughts of several mangaka

Quote:
Her two "friends" are pushing her into enjou kyousai (most likely something the two of them are doing already) and she's kind of forced to do it, to be "one of them" or to be "cool". So when they arrange a meeting for Anaru, she goes, but she's still split between something she probably doesn't want to do, or lose her evil schoolmates if she doesn't. What will her choice be?
Of course this is a more probable outcome, but I'm a sucker for 2chan controversies... they're hilarious

And what's wrong with doing it for money

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-05-09 at 17:25.
Old 2011-05-09, 11:54   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No way "that" happens with Anaru, Classic misdirection.
Old 2011-05-09, 14:57   Link #31
taichi-kun

mmm I hope anaru doesn't go to the hotel with that guy...

Please reject him.. I don't want anaru to be a slut like her friends
Old 2011-05-10, 03:18   Link #32
deadite

some people want her to go through with it so it shows realistic flawed characters.
Old 2011-05-10, 03:32   Link #33
Sebasu
~

I never get the huge deal people make out of non-virgin anime characters. Sex is normal. -_-

But Anaru, girl that's prostitution you're getting into. Must be misleading, but still very refreshing to see shows with flawed characters.

Last edited by Sebasu; 2011-05-10 at 03:49. Reason: grammar
Old 2011-05-10, 04:35   Link #34
deadite

Because people have different sexual value and standards. You can't just go around telling people virginity and propriety are meaningless.
Old 2011-05-10, 06:19   Link #35
Sebasu
~

Yeah in reality but I meant in anime/fiction. How otakus rage so hard over anime characters not being "pure" is really hilarious. I remember Kannagi causing a madness.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:08   Link #36
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
Yeah in reality but I meant in anime/fiction. How otakus rage so hard over anime characters not being "pure" is really hilarious. I remember Kannagi causing a madness.
the thing is, being "not pure" due to consensual sex out of love is one thing, and whoring yourself is the other.

but it seems 2ch doesnt think that way..., but yeah if anaru needs to go to that "whoring" part first before redeeming herself, consider her character wrecked in my book, whoring is a no no
Old 2011-05-10, 08:21   Link #37
darkmanure

I can't wait for the shitstorm when this episode comes out. If she does whore herself out, I can see her being hated on more then Yukiatsu by the Ano Hana fanbase I'll admit that I'll be vastly disappointed in her if she does so, but this is a melodramatic anime.

Jinta saved your life so you can whore yourself out

Tsuruko was right to call her friends whores.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:59   Link #38
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Indeed, I can already see the rage, even here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
the thing is, being "not pure" due to consensual sex out of love is one thing, and whoring yourself is the other.

but it seems 2ch doesnt think that way..., but yeah if anaru needs to go to that "whoring" part first before redeeming herself, consider her character wrecked in my book, whoring is a no no
What's exactly wrong with Anaru, getting laid for money? Capitalism anyone? She would have done it eventually for free anyway, so why not profit in the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanure View Post
I can't wait for the shitstorm when this episode comes out. If she does whore herself out, I can see her being hated on more then Yukiatsu by the Ano Hana fanbase I'll admit that I'll be vastly disappointed in her if she does so, but this is a melodramatic anime.
So hypocrisy wins again Instead of raging over the dude that even cross-dressed as his dead childhood crush, in order to troll his friends; people will hate a girl that earns her living

Quote:
Jinta saved your life so you can whore yourself out
Because Jintan, like Yukiatsu, are still fantasizing about a certain dead loli

Quote:
Tsuruko was right to call her friends whores.
Because she does not have the balls to do the same

Anyway, half-joking here, but still if Naruko is talked into compensated dating by her friends, she will become even more likeable in my eyes, since that's the kind of character, you wish to help/protect (Chihiro@ef, Sakura@F/SN, Kohaku@Tsukihime, etc).
Old 2011-05-10, 14:10   Link #39
darkmanure

Hate is different in this situation though. Yukiatsu was hated since the beginning. When people see one of the favorite character fall it seems like the hate is stronger (Harems/romance usually). This also plays with the double standards a lot of us have. Men can easily whore themselves out and get away with it. Woman would get a verbal lashing.

Since I'm a guy if let's say Jinta was having sex with two girls I would say he got it made. If it's a girl, she's a whore. That's my double standards.

We'll see on Friday which way it goes. I can see Naruko fans blowing up if she goes with it.

Either way the next episode will be interesting.
Old 2011-05-10, 14:53   Link #40
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Alternatively, let's not see all black when it looks black or all white when it looks white. I have a more plausible theory:

This might even be the catalyst splitting her from her bad company and pushing the return to her roots (Jintan and the other childhood friends). Hints of Anaru not being at ease with her current companions have been shown quite frequently during previous episodes.
That is what I'm thinking. A typical peer pressure situation where a person has to do something or lose her friendship.
Closed Thread