AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-14, 21:29   Link #61
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
The manga has it's own thread, you can check it.

Btw lare, so far until volume 4, are there any hints of romance or crush(es) between the characters in the LN?
I haven't had time to start on v3 yet. But both Tatsuya and Miyuki have admirers. I think Erika and Leo make a good couple though I'm not sure whether they have progressed at all.
Old 2012-02-14, 22:52   Link #62
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
The manga has it's own thread, you can check it.

Btw lare, so far until volume 4, are there any hints of romance or crush(es) between the characters in the LN?
Spoiler for couple:
Old 2012-02-14, 23:48   Link #63
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for couple:
just let the love bloom, filling the field, destroy hatred

But I think Miyuki love still onto one direction...
Old 2012-02-16, 02:45   Link #64
shishio

So many couples...but I wonder how "Ichika" is the MC? Does he realize that Miyuki has feelings that is beyond familial love? Does Tatsuya has any love interest?
Old 2012-03-03, 17:55   Link #65
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I haven't had time to start on v3 yet. But both Tatsuya and Miyuki have admirers. I think Erika and Leo make a good couple though I'm not sure whether they have progressed at all.
At the same time Tatsuya has a lot of haters too. I read bits and pieces of v3 (haven't got the time) and the first chapter of v4.
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2012-03-03, 18:30   Link #66
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
At the same time Tatsuya has a lot of haters too. I read bits and pieces of v3 (haven't got the time) and the first chapter of v4.
Spoiler for spoilers:
wtb a whole translation of this novel.. ><

WHY WASNT I BORN JAPANESE
Old 2012-03-04, 00:44   Link #67
whsie

ha, I wish I could read japanese. The japanese are much farther along than the chinese translations, which are the versions I read. The chinese have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd volume completely translated and the first chapter of the 4th volume. One other translator is also working on the "Past Arc" when we see Tatsuya before his current self. It goes into the family part of the story, which even if you only read the manga, is a major part of this story. Oh yeah,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-03-04, 00:49   Link #68
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
ha, I wish I could read japanese. The japanese are much farther along than the chinese translations, which are the versions I read. The chinese have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd volume completely translated and the first chapter of the 4th volume. One other translator is also working on the "Past Arc" when we see Tatsuya before his current self. It goes into the family part of the story, which even if you only read the manga, is a major part of this story. Oh yeah,
Spoiler for spoiler:
Hmm that was kind of expected, I guess. But I wonder how his relation with his sister was at that time though??
Old 2012-03-04, 11:55   Link #69
larethian

WTH, why do they have so many Jp->Ch translators? And they only have volume 1 done just a month ago? And this is no easy stuff to translate. But from that alone, it's easy to see that this will be one of the next big things. Anyway, I'm retired.
Old 2012-03-04, 15:23   Link #70
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
WTH, why do they have so many Jp->Ch translators? And they only have volume 1 done just a month ago? And this is no easy stuff to translate. But from that alone, it's easy to see that this will be one of the next big things. Anyway, I'm retired.
Well, part of that is simply because of the raw population of China. The US has 300 million while China has 1.3 billion. That's a 1 billion population difference.

One also has to remember that the Chinese language is a much closer language to Japanese than English and Japanese. The syntax, sentence structure, grammar, idiom, and diction are similar enough to make the translations quicker. In English, oh my god, it's like rewriting the whole entire novel. You have to read it, choose the appropriate word choice and choose the appropriate structure to express the meaning in the original work. I first started translating the Jin Yong novels back in ~ 03, 04. Did it for a while and never wanted to be part of translating again. I briefly considered doing High School DxD (before na@om started) and Campione (did a part of volume 7) and I quickly remembered why I never entered the translation community in the first place.

As for the big three (manga, anime, light novel), the US has a great and slightly superior manga translation community. For animes, they're roughly on par in both speed and quality.

Where the US lags way behind is the light novels. As far as I'm aware of, the US only has baka tsuki. The Chinese has a FAR more vibrant and expansive lightnovel translation community. They even have sites specifically for translation
Spoiler for site:
They had the likes of Hidan no Aria, Infinite Stratos completely updated before the animes came out. I know Legend of the Legendary Heroes is completely done (including part 2), Chromed Shelled Regios is up to volume 17. The only anime that they didn't catch up to before it came out was High School DxD, which is now at volume 8 chapter 4.

EDIT: I felt like adding some information about the power levels in this novel. That said, there will be heavy spoilers so you're warned
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by whsie; 2012-03-06 at 18:03. Reason: Added more information
Old 2012-03-13, 01:46   Link #71
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Background on the student council president? Her connections with the siblings and other characters?
Old 2012-03-13, 02:44   Link #72
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

@whsie
After reading your spoiler, all I thought I knew about this LN has changed...
So he's like Layfon + Lelouch without Layfon's stupid attitude or Lelouch's physical weakness?
Old 2012-03-13, 04:11   Link #73
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the infos whsie.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-13, 05:16   Link #74
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Ohhhh. After the reading the spoiler for Tatsuya, I'm now eager to read the manga of this.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:21   Link #75
fazri
blacksun king

ouch
tatsuya is one heck hack chara
just like ophis or cao-cao on dxd!
Old 2012-03-13, 09:39   Link #76
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow he seems like such an epic character...no wonder he always pulled a straight face.

EDIT:
Spoiler for if answerable??:

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-03-13 at 12:11.
Old 2012-03-13, 12:46   Link #77
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Thanks for the spoilers... im kinda lost in this tho
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-13, 12:54   Link #78
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-03-13, 12:56   Link #79
aka113

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Spoiler:
I agree can someone please explain
Old 2012-03-13, 13:05   Link #80
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka113 View Post
I agree can someone please explain
It's only a deduction, but...
Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings