AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 07:16   Link #161
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
(3) If color of death is faintly visible, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
Aha.... so Mei is walking down the street, suddenly gets an unpleasant feeling in her gut, takes of her eye patch and sees the color of death. She starts panicking, her onlz thought is to get home, she runs wildly in the street, stumbles, falls on the pavement, hits hear head and dies. Alternatively you can substitute it with getting hit by a car or some other accident on the way of "getting the hell out of there"

Hmmmmm, I dont think you can avaoid it just be knowing it is about to happen, because often you dont know what will happen. The danger can come from a completely unexpected angle.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:19   Link #162
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also, Mei didn't say she was immune. She just knows she's going to be fine because she knows she's not close to death atm.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:34   Link #163
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
wow. just wow.
Hahahahaah, sums up my sentiments over most of the deaths, the exception being Sensei's. Poor woman.

Many of them were epic fail and I really wanted to shout "toasty!!!" in a falsetto voice at some point.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:29   Link #164
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Hahahahaah, sums up my sentiments over most of the deaths, the exception being Sensei's. Poor woman.
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute. You're making a grave mistake. She's not dead. She only got knocked out by the mop.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:41   Link #165
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This one big hell of a "blood bath night".... It started with one per episode then two and three.... and now... woah!!!! Blood bath!!! What a hell of an episode! 10/10!!!
Old 2012-03-21, 08:59   Link #166
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
And let's face it, Mei is an easy scapegoat. She's quiet, somewhat reclusive and hardly anyone knows anything about her. Her eyepatch further adds to the mystery, as no one knows why she wears it and it doesn't look like something she's willing to discuss either. All they really know of her is that there was a girl that looked just like her, but didn't have an eyepatch.
Well, that, and Akazawa just publically put the blame on her for all of the deaths, right in front of everyone who have lost friends and loved ones to the calamity (that would be pretty much everyone in the class at this point). Even if she had been correct in her reasoning (which we know she wasn't), that was reckless of her, to say the least. She planted the seeds of resentment towards Mei in all of the students, then Sugiura kicked it into overdrive with her announcement.

Great countermeasures there, girls...
Old 2012-03-21, 09:18   Link #167
sa547
*Author

^
Pretty much they signed their death warrants right there, and given the preview (and just like any teen slasher or the last few scenes of Mars Attacks!), too easy for me guessing who's gonna be left standing -- only the smart, sober and the calm will survive.
Old 2012-03-21, 09:50   Link #168
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute. You're making a grave mistake. She's not dead. She only got knocked out by the mop.
Woops, sorry.

Overall, I can't help but think that poor communication AND the cast being wrong genre savvy got me thinking that the entire episode felt stupid. I guess John Carpenter's The Thing, where the cast didn't act stupid for a change in the genre, spoiled me and my expectations for the horror genre.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:14   Link #169
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
(1) Take off eyepatch.
(2) Look down at self.
(3) If color of death is faintly visible, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
Hmm, my impression is that other than in dead people, she can only see the color of death (faintly) in people who are sick or injured, it doesn't give her the ability to predict the deaths of perfectly healthy people from accidents, murders, etc... The show was a bit vague on this point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Possible, although she got hit pretty hard as evidenced by the blood splattering on the wall...
Old 2012-03-21, 10:41   Link #170
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Possible, although she got hit pretty hard as evidenced by the blood splattering on the wall...
Not to mention the pool of blood collecting around her head.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-03-21, 10:53   Link #171
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Scored the episode 5/10 because I'm getting annoyed why Mei seem to keep holding back on saying who the Another is.

Saying she knows who in a past episode, but not telling. And when she tries to tell, it's in a sloooooooow manner and a distraction is an excuse not to do it anymore (she was about to tell it, someone comes in the room and Mei just thinks it's ok to tell next episode, sorry for sarcasm). She could have told who it is when they were going down the stairs at a leisurely pace.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-03-21 at 11:06.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:56   Link #172
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Not to mention the pool of blood collecting around her head.
Yeah. I think the clamp at the end of the mop hit her, not the mop head.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:05   Link #173
warita
Dai-Youkai

Well, head wounds bleed a lot, so she could be alive for all we know.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:07   Link #174
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Well, head wounds bleed a lot, so she could be alive for all we know.
They could pull a "Surprise! She's not dead after all" twist on us, but obviously the implication was that she died.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:35   Link #175
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not impossible that she is alive, head wounds DO bleed alot.

On the same notion, it's not impossible that she died. Head trauma can have unpredictable results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Overall, I can't help but think that poor communication AND the cast being wrong genre savvy got me thinking that the entire episode felt stupid.
What genre do these kids THINK they are in? Wild teen parties?
Old 2012-03-21, 13:07   Link #176
Xaturas

One kid dropped 2 floors on the ground and there was supposed blood coming from his head. Then he disappeared. So don't say that sensei is dead yet. 50:50 either mop killed her or she's another ^^.
Old 2012-03-21, 13:29   Link #177
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
One kid dropped 2 floors on the ground and there was supposed blood coming from his head. Then he disappeared. So don't say that sensei is dead yet. 50:50 either mop killed her or she's another ^^.
Your stream of logic is not quite logical here.
One does not automatically lead to the other. Another(no pun intended) point is that one option does not necessarily exclude the other option.

she can be: alive and the another, dead and the another, alive and not the another, dead and not the another

You see one state does not exclude the other.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-21, 14:23   Link #178
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
It wasn't blood, it was mud.
Old 2012-03-21, 19:14   Link #179
kitten320

Ok... that was beyond stupid! Not the crazy killing part, I'm all cool with it but what bothers me is:
a) You destroy this kind of evidence or hide them properly!
b) Why the hell did the old lady start to kill? She is not even involved in all of it! And why in the world kill her co-worker?!
c) Mei knows who the dead person is, yet she is quiet despite all the craziness. Sakakibara knows that she does know yet never bothered to ask her even once! Come on! That's the first thing you ask when your classmates are pointing knives at you and really intend to murder you and your friend! And then rush off to finish the job!

If Misaki wouldn't rush off at the end to do the job I would've lost all hope there. And shows getting better since the last time I criticized it!
Looks like I'll have to stick with 7 after all.
Old 2012-03-21, 19:39   Link #180
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ok... that was beyond stupid! Not the crazy killing part, I'm all cool with it but what bothers me is:
a) You destroy this kind of evidence or hide them properly!
b) Why the hell did the old lady start to kill? She is not even involved in all of it! And why in the world kill her co-worker?!
c) Mei knows who the dead person is, yet she is quiet despite all the craziness. Sakakibara knows that she does know yet never bothered to ask her even once! Come on! That's the first thing you ask when your classmates are pointing knives at you and really intend to murder you and your friend! And then rush off to finish the job!

If Misaki wouldn't rush off at the end to do the job I would've lost all hope there. And shows getting better since the last time I criticized it!
Looks like I'll have to stick with 7 after all.
You can conclude one of her reasons for not telling anyone about it as soon as the another is revealed. I hope I can mange to finish my Mystery write up until Monday said part is already written in there.
So you have to wait until the episode airs.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Closed Thread