AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-09, 03:02   Link #81
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Does Ami actually dig Ryuuji though? I got the impression that this was another one of her acts.
That's the $40,000 question, isn't it? In the anime, it's up to the viewer to decide as any other information that may say otherwise is not apparent in this scene.
Old 2008-11-09, 03:36   Link #82
Tiran86

I don't think she does. I'm pretty sure she just teases him to mess with Taiga.
Old 2008-11-09, 03:55   Link #83
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't know if it came up on this thread yet... but some of you may be wondering why the "Ginyu Force" from Dragon Ball was mentioned in the preview for the next episode.

It's a pun. 偽乳 is also spelled Ginyu, and it means fake breasts.
Old 2008-11-09, 04:27   Link #84
JediNight
キズランダム

I don't know if I would even call her pissed off attitude her real personality. It seems partly the result of putting on the fake personality in public constantly that she needs to let off steam. She probably still slants to the negative side a bit, but not as bad as now.
Old 2008-11-09, 10:35   Link #85
typhonsentra

Yeah Ami's much more complex than people give her credit for, at least from what I've seen of her since book 2. It starts out that she's just being mean to Taiga but she definitely is changing. Ryuuji's still stuck in thinking that the real her is "Mean" though and doesn't pick up on it.
Old 2008-11-09, 11:04   Link #86
Sixth
Hu Tao

So is Taiga look jealous in the end of episode?
Old 2008-11-09, 11:09   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't know if it came up on this thread yet... but some of you may be wondering why the "Ginyu Force" from Dragon Ball was mentioned in the preview for the next episode.

It's a pun. 偽乳 is also spelled Ginyu, and it means fake breasts.
Haha i was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing it up.

If Ami does end up having feelings for Ryuuji, then it doesn't make her the odd one out of not having feelings for someone out of the main five.
Old 2008-11-09, 12:06   Link #88
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Haha i was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing it up.

If Ami does end up having feelings for Ryuuji, then it doesn't make her the odd one out of not having feelings for someone out of the main five.
It would be interesting to see Taiga fighting with Ami for Ryuuji while the latter ignores them both, taking much more interest in Minori.
Old 2008-11-09, 15:05   Link #89
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It would be interesting to see Taiga fighting with Ami for Ryuuji while the latter ignores them both, taking much more interest in Minori.
Awesome. I'd love to see that. Minori's my favorite girl in the anime while my favorite part of the series is watching Taiga and Ami fight.
Old 2008-11-09, 19:33   Link #90
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Hopefully it's "Taiga fighting with Ami for Ryuuji's friendship" as I think the seemingly platonic relationship Taiga and Ryuuji has is what really draws me to this show, plot-wise. Although Ryuuji is a great character and def worth the attention, I still don't want to see the obvious girl-A fights girl-B over guy plot convention, at least in this show. Then again, initially I think friendship-to-love is a much more enjoyable and approachable relationship than love is itself, romatically, socially, and dramatically. It'd prob still be good either way, but I'd just prefer something different rather than something obvious.
Old 2008-11-09, 19:38   Link #91
SkoolRumble4Ya

What a good episode. Toradora still funny as ever. It will be interesting to see Taiga fighting with Ami about Ryuji. I'm glad that stalker got what's coming to him.
Old 2008-11-09, 20:54   Link #92
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hopefully it's "Taiga fighting with Ami for Ryuuji's friendship" as I think the seemingly platonic relationship Taiga and Ryuuji has is what really draws me to this show, plot-wise. Although Ryuuji is a great character and def worth the attention, I still don't want to see the obvious girl-A fights girl-B over guy plot convention, at least in this show. Then again, initially I think friendship-to-love is a much more enjoyable and approachable relationship than love is itself, romatically, socially, and dramatically. It'd prob still be good either way, but I'd just prefer something different rather than something obvious.
Agree. I think that it's too soon for that to happen right now, and it would feel really off.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-11-09, 20:56   Link #93
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
SkoolRumble4Ya, why do you assume that Ami and Taiga will fight over Ryuuji? It is still way too early to decide that Ami likes Ryuuji in that way, yes compared to novel there are stronger implications but still....to early to assume something like that specially because of the relationship in the original source.

While for Taiga... she may not be really at romantic feelings for him at this point as well.. just marely annoyed that her slave..umm... I mean, friend is being hit on.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:58   Link #94
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
finally caught up with this series.

after marathoning ep.4-6 today..

i must say.. no-- infact, i always say how i find Taiga irritating in this anime compared to the manga.. anyways, next episode will be the deciding factor if i'll hate her forever or not mainly because of how ep.6 ended with a shocked look in her face.

anywho, Ryuuji is better off with Ami or Minorin, imo. Minorin being my top and Ami as my personal choice. He's a good man with an insane amount of dedication to wipe out all evil in the bathroom or in any place he see dirt. He deserves someone better. If anything, i hoped they would re-edit the scene where Ryuuji told off Ami, say something cool that will make Ami's heart fall for him in one episode along with her new born self making it somewhat original. Still, her attempt to seduce him was pure win.
Old 2008-11-09, 22:32   Link #95
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
anywho, Ryuuji is better off with Ami or Minorin, imo. Minorin being my top and Ami as my personal choice. He's a good man with an insane amount of dedication to wipe out all evil in the bathroom or in any place he see dirt. He deserves someone better. If anything, i hoped they would re-edit the scene where Ryuuji told off Ami, say something cool that will make Ami's heart fall for him in one episode along with her new born self making it somewhat original. Still, her attempt to seduce him was pure win.
I disagree, and better off != happy. I think that Ryuuji would better off with Taiga than he would Ami or Minorin, esp Minorin. Regardless if she's harboring some kind of fear, she seems rather independent from everyone else. Honestly, I don't think Ryuuji can 'click' with Minorin because of this. Ryuuji's char is one where he takes care of others(in an overall sense, not just cooking/cleaning), At least Ami had to depend on him for some psychological relief, but much like ep 3 when they were trapped, Minorin didn't rely on Ryuuji at all. I think if they were together, she'd still do her own thing, and not really do anything with Ryuuji. So far, she hasn't even done anything with Taiga outside talking in school(and even then, it's more or less Taiga just going along with Minorin's antics), and that is supposed to be her best friend, I really don't see how Ryuuji would have much of a chance.

I think with Taiga, he gets the most satisfaction when he's with her. He may not be happy with Taiga, from a romantic point-of-view, but he'd be better off being with her. Ami has Kitamura(), but in terms of Ryuuji, I have to see more of her char after this ep to draw a halfway decent hypothesis.
Old 2008-11-09, 22:50   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a pretty good episode at any rate. Was good for Ami to deal with what was scaring her. That guy definitely paid for the trouble he caused. Getting attacked by Taiga and then being chased down by a pissed off Ami and having the camera destroyed. Though really this should teach him to follow people around and especially calling people monsters without figuring out their offensive potential.

Personally didn't like Kitamura's method of dumping things on others. I do get he was shut out and was getting Ami's other personality. But that doesn't mean he can just leave it to others and focus on his attention on the council president. He knows her other side just like Taiga and Ryuugi and as her friend he should get involved. But whatever will see if they show something likable with this guy.

In terms of the pairings I am liking AmixRyuugi and RyuugixMinorin. Series really hasn't made me like Taiga that much so would feel bad to toss her with the guy. Its not that I think Ami likes Ryuugi like that right now. But more like could get behind either pairing if it took off. Just how I feel about it.
Old 2008-11-10, 01:08   Link #97
ThoHell

the series will most likely end with a Taiga X Ryuugi ending (what I had originally wanted), but I hope it doesn't now. Ryuugi X Minorin is a no go for me, just too wrong. Since Ami has come into the picture, I've grown a liking to her character. I'm for the Ryuugi X Ami now, they would really go well together. Don't know why I went from Taiga X Ryuugi to Ryuugi X Ami, I guess they just seem better together...
Old 2008-11-10, 01:36   Link #98
Darknemo2000

My first choice would be AmixRyuugi as well... Taiga is just too annoying and treating Ryuuji way too badly to really like her, yes she is cute when Kitamura steps in but not with Ryuuji.

"Pleasing master is dogs happiness" or eating his food is not really nice.

Ami is truly right by asking why he does allow that little pig do so much. There really should be a limit.

At least with Ami he actually can expect gratitude back instead of kick or being called a dog...

It reminds me a lot to SaitoxLouise in anime relationship and in anime it was done badly (in novels much better) but Louise at least was terribly in love with saito and Saito was not particularly such nice guy and was always ready to flirt with any bypassing girl, so somewhat he did deserved part of it.

Ryuuji is just very nice guy, who gets not gratitude for what he does for the brat for the most of the time.

Taiga would still be my second choice. Minori and Ryuuji is just no. At least with Taiga he can be relaxed...

Minoris a is a funny character, but I do not think its someone you would like to ahve a long-term relationship with.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-11-10 at 01:47.
Old 2008-11-10, 02:03   Link #99
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I disagree, and better off != happy. I think that Ryuuji would better off with Taiga than he would Ami or Minorin, esp Minorin. Regardless if she's harboring some kind of fear, she seems rather independent from everyone else. Honestly, I don't think Ryuuji can 'click' with Minorin because of this.
Quote:
..much like ep 3 when they were trapped, Minorin didn't rely on Ryuuji at all. I think if they were together, she'd still do her own thing, and not really do anything with Ryuuji. So far, she hasn't even done anything with Taiga outside talking in school(and even then, it's more or less Taiga just going along with Minorin's antics), and that is supposed to be her best friend, I really don't see how Ryuuji would have much of a chance.
that's what i thought too, until, the thought of "putting a mask" crosses my mind while watching ep 3. If for what reason that she fails to put up a happy face or show her joyous side to people due to a situation she can't endure and needs someone to rely on, then, Ryuuji can be of use. I'm not one to think that Ryuuji is the type of person who likes to take care of people so much that he'd rather have someone like Taiga whose all alone and not want Minorin whom he has feeling to. Because if he does, then, why did he have feelings for Minorin in the first place? (IIRC it was mentioned in ep 1 that she was the only girl who's friendly to him? correct me if im wrong i can't really remember )

Quote:
I think with Taiga, he gets the most satisfaction when he's with her. He may not be happy with Taiga, from a romantic point-of-view, but he'd be better off being with her. *Ami has Ryuuji(), but in terms of Ryuuji, I have to see more of her char after this ep to draw a halfway decent hypothesis.
satisfaction? i don't really get what you mean by that but, if a person isn't happy with his/her pair instead, only feels satisfaction towards a different aspect of their relationship then wouldn't that make their feelings not mutual? pardon me if i'm getting biased over Taiga here but she's selfish, spoiled, tsunx10dere.. i can't really find any good traits about her other than her being shy whenever it involves Kitamura, strong willed and can hold her ground unlike Ami.

*fixed it for you

anywho, it's only my own approach so don't take it too seriously. Also, i have a feeling that Ami would follow Kaname Chidori's footstep if she continue with her violent attitude .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
"Pleasing master is dogs happiness" or eating his food is not really nice.
i seem to recall Taiga saying; "He's a dog in our previous life and I'm his master"

something ZnT-ish like that
Old 2008-11-10, 03:11   Link #100
Darknemo2000

The line dog in previous life followed the one "Pleasing master is dogs happiness" as far as I remember.

And yes it is very ZnT-ish like 9anime like, since if you have read novels you'd probably agree that Louise's and Saito's relationship isn't as shallow as that).
Closed Thread