AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 21:10   Link #21
Alpha Centauri
I await you in the stars

Location: all the way in Kentucky, where i live with a man named Bucky, he has a dog named Lucky.
I crap on spoilers....
oh, I think Sylar is the bit where everyone loves and hates. I mean he kills his mother, girlfriend(I don't have to spoilerize cuz I never said who the girl was :P), everyone he knows.
Plus, its wierd how much of a b**ch Claire is.....I mean she complains when she can feel pain and then when she loses feelings.
Alpha Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:35   Link #22
u43368
Disabled By Request

I used to kinda like the show (if just for Sylar), not so much now. It seems the writers can't decide what they want to do with the story and go off on random tangents, only to totally ignore it later.

Spoiler for everything:
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 00:05   Link #23
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The thing about Heroes is this...It's good when viewed thru the lens as a straight suspense-filled comicbook, but bad when viewed thru the lens as a realistic comic book...There are so many unspeakably bad plot-holes and contrivances, but somehow I still find myself enjoying it...It's kinda like how I would enjoy an ep of Code Geass, because the actors were good or some scenes were really freakin' cool...Heroes has alot of actors that I like (Peter, Sylar, Parkman, The Haitian, Horned-rim glasses guy, The Professor, etc. all have perfect actors for the characters)...Oddly enuff not many great women characters, but they are all hawt to look at (Maya for teh win!!)..The cheerleader is pretty much an overkilled character at this point (Basically she's just the all-American blonde hawtty and that's it) and I hate how they killed Micah's whole arc and turned his Mom into a 3rd twin played by the same chick (and her story arc is wak too)...But with Heroes you gotta take the good with the bad, and the good to me is provided by the actors for certain characters and the simple dramatic and suspenseful moments that when they work, they really work (Like when the painter got his head chopped off by Peter's dad )...All in all when you use the power of suspending belief it's easy to enjoy at times...Obviously it has lots of problems if you don't suspend belief (Sylar's constant changing of sides, Claires' mind-boggling lack of growth, Hiro's ability to clean-up any $hitty plotline with his time power), but overall it's still a fun, action, comicbook that does engage the mind as well as the eyes..

But those who think it's as good as LOST, need ...Maybe season 1, but that's it...The story just isn't woven together with any sort of consistency that's even close to LOST's story...That doesn't make it trash, but it's just not that strong from a story-structure perspective...Meh, I like Supernatural even more than Heroes (I'm actually lying I friken love Supernatural), but the promise that the story can get better is another reason to watch aswell...I just hope it's incredible twists will one day be met with a consistent story just as incredible (I still think it has a chance to do that)...

Spoiler for The sad secret behind Heroes:
Old 2008-12-17, 13:09   Link #24
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Old 2008-12-17, 13:18   Link #25
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
OMG!!! I'm shocked.J/K I'm not a hardcore Heroes fan,but the show really make me interested to watch it. I'm glad they do something different with the storyline & the characters.People can easily get attached to the show & to me it's more realistic than X-Men.

I admit,I'm a Hiro Nakamura fan.
Old 2008-12-17, 15:39   Link #26
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

I love this show, fan of Peter... He shows alot of heroics, more then most of them. Though I did like season 1 and 2 much more then season 3.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 14:19   Link #27
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2008-12-18, 18:04   Link #28
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
well that was another season, anyone know when it will be back? :< at leased Robot Chicken airs the same day or day before (either way they were both available at the same time online)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 18:41   Link #29
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

not 100% sure but it is suppose to be around late Feb to Mid March time.
Old 2009-02-03, 21:02   Link #30
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

just watched episode 14 and i must say that Heroes has caught my attention again.

Spoiler for ep14:
Old 2009-02-05, 23:06   Link #31
StoneCloud

I have to say I really liked the new episode. I liked the earlier episodes of the season but I feel this episode has set the story up to take some really interesting twists and turns. Though I liked volumes 2 and 3, they just weren't up to the quality of volume 1. I think they have a chance to bring the show back to greatness depending on what directions they take this new season in.

Spoiler for Episode:
StoneCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 23:25   Link #32
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCloud View Post
I have to say I really liked the new episode. I liked the earlier episodes of the season but I feel this episode has set the story up to take some really interesting twists and turns. Though I liked volumes 2 and 3, they just weren't up to the quality of volume 1. I think they have a chance to bring the show back to greatness depending on what directions they take this new season in.

Spoiler for Episode:
Spoiler for Episode:
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 02:20   Link #33
ezara

I would rather poke my eyes out with a fork than watch one more f*cking episode of Heroes. The character writing is probably the worst I've seen in years of bad tv shows. Everyone changes their personality from one episode to the next. In one episode, the evil bitch will be evil, and in the next, she'll be a reformed saint, and then suddenly evil in the next one. Motivations are just so. . .temporary. . .it's like the characters have no real souls.

It's obvious to me that the writers sit and listen to the internet after every episode and then they'll change their writing according to what the fans liked.

That's a soul-less way to write a story.
ezara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 18:32   Link #34
ImperialPanda

There were a lot of points I agree with.

aohige's summary of Heroes' plot is pretty accurate. Also, I'm fairly tired of good-guy vs. bad-guy stories. It's too elementary. There's no mystery or suspense. Yes, there can be plot twists, but that's not the same thing. In addition, real life doesn't work that way. Rarely, if ever, can people's biggest obstacles and problems be unified in a single entity. It's just doesn't make a believable or interesting plot. Examples contrary are: Lost, Journeyman, xxxHolic. All of which I like much more than Heroes.

ezara's point about characters switching personalities is also true, and very annoying. The first season didn't have this issue, and that was the only season I liked overall. The rest is largely just a confusing muddle.

Finally, reincarnation is a huge no-no in my book. I don't understand why directors or writers can be so incredibly stupid to include reincarnation. First, it's a cheap re-start tool. "Oh, we already shot an inconvenient scene in a previous episode, but now we changed our minds. So let's just reincarnate the guy!" Second, it completely destroys the dramatic effect of death. Someone died? Oh whatever who cares, they'll just be reincarnated later. As mortals, death is a powerful event that anyone can understand and relate to. To discard it simply because the storyline became inconvenient is just... unbelievably stupid. If played right, death can greatly enhance the overall story (FFVII anyone?).

Heroes started out alright. But the writers producers w/e quickly showed that their skills aren't at the elite level quite yet. The ancient Japan arc was funny though.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 19:20   Link #35
ezara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
The ancient Japan arc was funny though.
Yeah, funny and embarrassing. I had no idea one of the legends of Miyamoto Musashi 宮本 武蔵 was really a skinny British white boy
ezara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 22:42   Link #36
StoneCloud

The new episode was pretty good. Overall good action but not too much in the plot department.

Spoiler for Eposide:
StoneCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 12:40   Link #37
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
There were a lot of points I agree with.

aohige's summary of Heroes' plot is pretty accurate. Also, I'm fairly tired of good-guy vs. bad-guy stories. It's too elementary. There's no mystery or suspense. Yes, there can be plot twists, but that's not the same thing. In addition, real life doesn't work that way. Rarely, if ever, can people's biggest obstacles and problems be unified in a single entity. It's just doesn't make a believable or interesting plot. Examples contrary are: Lost, Journeyman, xxxHolic. All of which I like much more than Heroes.

ezara's point about characters switching personalities is also true, and very annoying. The first season didn't have this issue, and that was the only season I liked overall. The rest is largely just a confusing muddle.

Finally, reincarnation is a huge no-no in my book. I don't understand why directors or writers can be so incredibly stupid to include reincarnation. First, it's a cheap re-start tool. "Oh, we already shot an inconvenient scene in a previous episode, but now we changed our minds. So let's just reincarnate the guy!" Second, it completely destroys the dramatic effect of death. Someone died? Oh whatever who cares, they'll just be reincarnated later. As mortals, death is a powerful event that anyone can understand and relate to. To discard it simply because the storyline became inconvenient is just... unbelievably stupid. If played right, death can greatly enhance the overall story (FFVII anyone?).

Heroes started out alright. But the writers producers w/e quickly showed that their skills aren't at the elite level quite yet. The ancient Japan arc was funny though.

yeah that's right

the story is just too shallow and predictable.....

and what i am gonna say is ....enough of superman ,x-men , spiderman looks alike character
k'2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 21:40   Link #38
Ayano Katagiri
ĸ-on! : yυι - gυιтarιѕт;

Last week's was a great start, I'm definitely liking the tone and it beats Villains for me anyday. Volume 3 just felt weak and the plot didn't really go anywhere. =\

*Goes to watch yesterday's episode now*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCloud View Post
The new episode was pretty good. Overall good action but not too much in the plot department.

Spoiler for Eposide:
Spoiler for About Daphne:
Ayano Katagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 16:37   Link #39
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

all i can say about this Ep is WTF...

Spoiler for ep15:
Old 2009-03-10, 19:45   Link #40
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Scyler wares Converses.....he is offically the coolest man alive..

i love it, "cause i need to expreses my feelings"

Last edited by kayote; 2009-03-10 at 20:17.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote