Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-15, 22:33   Link #1401
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
No, ASFMaNiA literally means the dubbed version of UBW, which was changed for English audiences.

I am the flesh and blood of my own sword.
Steel flows through my body, and fire is what courses through my blood.

...and I can't bear watching any more of the dub, so if anybody wants to pick up the pace, go for it.
Uwaaaa, so the dub even changed the chant? Then it won't be UBW anymore! You can't change an incarnation to your liking!? Well I just hope there won't be a Chinese dub...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 22:50   Link #1402
ASFMaNiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I am the flesh and blood of my own sword.
Steel flows through my body, and fire is what courses through my blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk12 View Post
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death,
Nor known to life

Power uproot the mountains, blades divide the waters (not actual part of the UBW chant)

Many times I have withstood enormous pain to create thousands of weapons
And yet, those hands that have braved so much will never hold anything
So, as I pray now
I call forth - Unlimited Blade Works!

Wow, thx to both of you.

So this is how it is changed...
ASFMaNiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 08:13   Link #1403
sjk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
Just curious...who licensed F/SN and who wound up dubbing it? (I knew there was a reason why I've become really anal about dubs vs. subs)
Geneon licensed Fate/Stay Night in North America.

Check here for English voice actors.
sjk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 00:31   Link #1404
Kanzaki Urumi

i think this has been asked but oh well =P
1. the masters in FSN fate route Shirou, Kuzuki, Rin, IIya, Bazette ( owned by Kotomine and he takes over her place ) and Shinji. Therefore there's only 6 Master =-= I am puzzled by this, unless Caster is considered a master zzz pls explain. Gil can be considered as a Servant as well? Even if he aint summoned by the HG? If thats true then any Servant that obtained a 2nd life will have to take part in the next war ?

2. In fate route, Gil said in order for the HG to appear, 6 Servants must be defeated thats why he kills Lancer. So he take in account of Assasin as well... So in that case of some HGW, Caster can summon a Servant and gets killed along with that Servant, so there can be 2 remaining Servants left to obtain the HG together? Sorry its kinda complicating =/

3. Why does Shirou and Saber want to destroy the HG at the end? It was revealed that the HG grants wishes through destruction so all the time Kotomine was talking bullshit? It was never able to grant a Servant a 2nd life? I maybe answering my own question so correct me if i am wrong. Shirou could have used the HG to make Saber stay but he saw her determination to keep her oath as the King so he decided that the HG should be destroyed as he does not have any other wish or than making Saber stay.
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 02:18   Link #1405
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
1. the masters in FSN fate route Shirou, Kuzuki, Rin, IIya, Bazette ( owned by Kotomine and he takes over her place ) and Shinji. Therefore there's only 6 Master =-= I am puzzled by this, unless Caster is considered a master zzz pls explain. Gil can be considered as a Servant as well? Even if he aint summoned by the HG? If thats true then any Servant that obtained a 2nd life will have to take part in the next war ?

2. In fate route, Gil said in order for the HG to appear, 6 Servants must be defeated thats why he kills Lancer. So he take in account of Assasin as well... So in that case of some HGW, Caster can summon a Servant and gets killed along with that Servant, so there can be 2 remaining Servants left to obtain the HG together? Sorry its kinda complicating =/

3. Why does Shirou and Saber want to destroy the HG at the end? It was revealed that the HG grants wishes through destruction so all the time Kotomine was talking bullshit? It was never able to grant a Servant a 2nd life? I maybe answering my own question so correct me if i am wrong. Shirou could have used the HG to make Saber stay but he saw her determination to keep her oath as the King so he decided that the HG should be destroyed as he does not have any other wish or than making Saber stay.
1) Assassin's Master = Ryuudouji Temple. Actually, it's Caster, but Assassin's connection to the temple is more like an actual Master-Servant relationship (Remember, Caster killed her own Master quite some time before the ritual began). Gil's not considered part of the 5th HF, which is why seven Servants were summoned, and not six.

2) Lancer, Archer, Berserker, Caster, Assassin, and Rider were all defeated at that time. That is six. As said earlier, there cannot be more than seven Servants summoned in one ritual.

3) Saber found her answer at the end, so she doesn't feel the need to redo her life any more. Shirou wanted what was best for Saber. So, when they found out that it was evil they didn't have any reservations.

However, Kotomine was telling the truth.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 11:44   Link #1406
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
What Archer said is true. Gilgamesh is Archer from the previous holy grail war, and his battle is now ongoing on Fate/Zero.

Quote:
The HG appears under two situation: one, enough time has passed. Or if you want to make it appear faster, you have to feed the HG enough souls. Human souls won't do, since they are not powerful enough, so it has to be a servant or equivalent. But will the HG accept any souls other than servants? We don't know. Defeated servants does not disappear into nothingness, they are simply sent back to the HG as mana fragments. The physical HG actually has 6 holes on it, and each hole is filled once a servant is sent back to it. Once all 6 holes are filled, it will appear regardless of time.

You are right, in the 5th HG war, since there are 8 servants, there are 2 servants that can obtain it together. Though since the HG only grants power to one person, its still natural that will fight to the death. Not to mention that Saber wants to kill Gilgamesh as her own will.

Quote:
The HG is already tainted. It does not grant wishes anymore unless you wish is for the whole world to be destroyed(which is the only thing it can do). Though since servants are summoned by the HG, a command seal is needed to make the servants attack the it. It's not like Shirou is going against Saber's will.
Old 2007-08-18, 01:29   Link #1407
Kanzaki Urumi

thx for the replies guys. From what archer said, so killing Caster and Kuzuki is like eliminating 2 Masters since Caster is considered one as well. wow thats quite a deal =p

btw is the HG all the while like this, tainted? Consuming it will make Servants go nuts, with exception to Gil who is strong enough to resist it. I dont know much about Fate Zero so was Kirei a good guy at start but then consumed by the HG and he became a sick minded person?

From what you guys said, Kotomine was telling the truth so, to price to pay for a Servant to enjoy a 2nd life is the loss of their sanity, isnt that right? Thats why Shirou/Saber has no hesitation to destroy it as they learn about what will happen if they consume it and the HG is dangerous ( destorys the world apart of its user ).
If the HG wasnt tainted, Saber will still go back regardless if she can still have a 2nd life?

Saber and Shirou could have leave the HG there and go on with their lifes but if i remember right, there's a risk of someone else touching it will might cause the fire again. However so, even if they destroy the HG, it is inevitable that there will always be another HGW as long as certain conditions are met right?

sorry, i am very curious of about all of this =p
Old 2007-08-18, 06:25   Link #1408
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
thx for the replies guys. From what archer said, so killing Caster and Kuzuki is like eliminating 2 Masters since Caster is considered one as well. wow thats quite a deal =p
Just killing Caster is enough, since killing Kuzuki won't actually do anything. And there's no need to bother about Assassin, he'll just disappear in the end, since he does not have any mana refill. (Ask Nanoha for some cartilages perhaps?)

Quote:
btw is the HG all the while like this, tainted? Consuming it will make Servants go nuts, with exception to Gil who is strong enough to resist it. I dont know much about Fate Zero so was Kirei a good guy at start but then consumed by the HG and he became a sick minded person?
It's not like gil is strong enough, more like he has too much ego...(Mortals! Trying to make me upset by just cursing me? Ha! I am too proud of myself to think about them!) (or something like that...)
The HG was tainted in the 3rd HG war by an irregular servant, avanger, angry mayo.

Quote:
From what you guys said, Kotomine was telling the truth so, to price to pay for a Servant to enjoy a 2nd life is the loss of their sanity, isnt that right? Thats why Shirou/Saber has no hesitation to destroy it as they learn about what will happen if they consume it and the HG is dangerous ( destorys the world apart of its user ).
If the HG wasnt tainted, Saber will still go back regardless if she can still have a 2nd life?
Saber have to go back until she is summoned for the 3rd time/no longer need the HG. (maybe she doesn't have any regrets, or that she has already got the HG)

Quote:
Saber and Shirou could have leave the HG there and go on with their lifes but if i remember right, there's a risk of someone else touching it will might cause the fire again. However so, even if they destroy the HG, it is inevitable that there will always be another HGW as long as certain conditions are met right?
The HG war is no more. Saber's Excalibur is a concept weapon, which can harm spiritual objects(which the HG is made of)(which too the full blast of)(which is destroyed)
And I don't think Shirou/Saber/anyone will just leave the HG there. Afterall, you see a huge &%*#(@ hanging around and know leaving it there will eventually destroy the world(and the loli in it), wouldn't you blow it up?

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-08-18 at 06:50.
Old 2007-08-18, 10:57   Link #1409
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
The HG is already tainted. It does not grant wishes anymore unless you wish is for the whole world to be destroyed(which is the only thing it can do).
Hmm, I thought it would still grant all wishes, but only in destructive ways? For one to enjoy, another must suffer...

Gil wasn't tainted because his ego wouldn't allow him to; he thinks himself too powerful to be tainted by mere evil from the HG ("This little amount can taint me? Brong on at least 3 times as much!")

And in case someone takes that seriously, angry mayo is Angra Mainyu, aka Avenger.
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 11:11   Link #1410
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureshii View Post
Hmm, I thought it would still grant all wishes, but only in destructive ways? For one to enjoy, another must suffer...
No. The HG does not grant wishes to begin with. It is but a part of the third, a.k.a. Heaven's Feel. In order for Heaven's Feel to be possible, a great amount of mana is needed, and that's what the HG is supposed to do. It grants the person with almost infinite mana. (well one can say that with infinite mana anything is possible, so saying the HG grants any wish is half true...)
Upon the 3rd HG war, the irregular servant Avanger got defeated and was recovered by the HG. The curses on Avanger got mixed up with the mana and they are now inseparateable. So getting the mana = getting the evil of the whole world.

Quote:
Gil wasn't tainted because his ego wouldn't allow him to; he thinks himself too powerful to be tainted by mere evil from the HG ("This little amount can taint me? Brong on at least 3 times as much!")
Well what Gilgamesh says is not necessary always the truth. Born from the HG, gil has to be weaker than it. Remember the rule of magic? The child cannot be stronger than the parent. Since Gilgamesh is the child of the HG, he is weaker. Though he is too full of himself to hear out the curses. That is, of course, all theory. I can't prove it.

Quote:
And in case someone takes that seriously, angry mayo is Angra Mainyu, aka Avenger.
Can't stop laughing. Can't believe I made that typo again. And I kinda love saying angry mayo rather than Angra Mainyu

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-08-18 at 11:30.
Old 2007-08-18, 11:35   Link #1411
sjk12

omgwtfbbq sandwich with angry lmayo
sjk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 03:00   Link #1412
Kanzaki Urumi

oh ic.. so Saber could have stayed but she will be consumed by the tainted HG and be nuts huh? sad..

so if the HG before that avenger thing happened, it wasnt tainted, Servants could have stayed without any loss of sanity?

thx for the replies
Old 2007-08-19, 11:35   Link #1413
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
oh ic.. so Saber could have stayed but she will be consumed by the tainted HG and be nuts huh? sad..

so if the HG before that avenger thing happened, it wasnt tainted, Servants could have stayed without any loss of sanity?

thx for the replies
Depends on the master's wish, really. If the winner is not the Tohsaka/Einzbern/Matou, then it might be possible. If not, these three families, who are fighting in the HG war for the sake of completing the third, will use their final command seal to kill their own servants and summon the greater HG (which is an essential part of it) If the winner decides to not use the mana from the HG for any purpose, then, yes, having the servant stay is possible.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:09   Link #1414
Kanzaki Urumi

thx a lot for the clarification =)

too bad FSN fate route ended in such a way but if it didnt, maybe it wouldnt be so beautiful
Old 2007-08-20, 05:19   Link #1415
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well what Gilgamesh says is not necessary always the truth. Born from the HG, gil has to be weaker than it. Remember the rule of magic? The child cannot be stronger than the parent. Since Gilgamesh is the child of the HG, he is weaker. Though he is too full of himself to hear out the curses. That is, of course, all theory. I can't prove it.
Of course he can't have more power than was granted by the HG (but as for more mana... heck let's not go into that), but there's nothing saying you can't have a really big ego ;-) and it seems mental power can do great things in Nasu-verse, even if it comes from something like ego, heh. Shirou did manage to hold it off on first contact, after all...

But that line he said about not wanting the HG because he already owned it is still screwing with my mind >.<
Quote:
Can't stop laughing. Can't believe I made that typo again. And I kinda love saying angry mayo rather than Angra Mainyu
Yeah, I've actually seen people take it seriously, that's why.
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 13:26   Link #1416
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk12 View Post
Geneon licensed Fate/Stay Night in North America.

Check here for English voice actors.
Thanks for the info.
Old 2007-08-29, 16:33   Link #1417
Venom562

I'm new to this fate stay night, I'm not really one to watch anime nor TV at that matter but my friend told me to watch it, and i cant get enough of it. Anyway my question is: is there a fate stay night 2 or something? like a sequel? any sort of movies.
Venom562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 17:35   Link #1418
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

No. But there is the game you can play for two more story lines, 40 bad/dead ends, a manga series to follow, and a light novel of the previous war to read about. Both I am looking for editor/translators
Old 2007-08-29, 19:47   Link #1419
Venom562

Question

Quote:
No. But there is the game you can play for two more story lines, 40 bad/dead ends, a manga series to follow, and a light novel of the previous war to read about. Both I am looking for editor/translators
By you saying that your looking for translators I'm guessing none of it is in English...

So basically anything that relates to Fate Stay Night isn't in English and wont be for some time huh......

So there is nothing?? Nothing at all??
Venom562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 00:58   Link #1420
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom562 View Post
By you saying that your looking for translators I'm guessing none of it is in English...

So basically anything that relates to Fate Stay Night isn't in English and wont be for some time huh......

So there is nothing?? Nothing at all??
For the manga I've got the scripts in English, I'm just looking for editors to paste the words in the picture. And for the novels...I found a translator a few months ago, but he's been MIA ever since he got the chapters...

As for the game...mirrormoon is translating it, you can play through the Fate route now, and its fun to watch the bad/dead ends.