Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 12:12   Link #141
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And for people who love this series, I think they should really check out Kanamemo since the vibe both series gives off is kind of "similar" (and that the latter is quite underrated sadly...).
Like a lot of other shows I'm watching, I haven't said much about it, but I have been watching Kanamemo. It's been decent so far.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:16   Link #142
donoghu

LOL...

Except for the fact that this show isn't showing anything real about professionnal art design schools, it's still funny to watch. (By real, I don't mean about the 3rd rated content, but about the thing that the people are doing, the way classes are done, etc.)

But I do find some similarities in the content of the subject that were worked on, in the 1st episode, with my past experience in an art design class.

What I find even more funny is that, when I was going in that kind of school, I was looking EXACTLY like the guy that turn his head at around 19min30sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
And what kind of computer class doesn't ask the students to save things on their own disks (USB drives?) anyway?
Some of you might not know, but, later in art design classes, when you start to do real project or training, USB HD devices start to get full real quickly. People who only works for some small web content might not know, but the work-on files for a flyer of 35 pages with 1 picture or more per pages might takes 175Mo-1Go if its done right for standard print quality. In a standard way, you're doing around 2-8 projects per weeks. After a month, your USB HD might get around 1.4Go-32Go of stuff. (I'm not even thinking about "sources" or if you're working on more than 1 result per project, which is something almost obvious.)

If you think that, today, you can find 1To USB HD for around 100-200$, think that your class might cost you around 400-800$ in materials for the first year. (And around 100-300$ for upcoming years of studies) You might need a laptop. In this field of studies, pirated programs are forbidden so there goes another bunch of money off you bank account. (If a student is found to be using a pirated program in a school, this school can be sued for letting the student do so. That's why there are some "student version" of some program which are offered for a lot less than the actual professionnal program.)

So money is an issus here. I, myself, had to work with rewritable DVDs since I could only have a 1Go USB Key. (back then, USB HD costed around 150$ for a 200Go and I couldn't effort it since I had ot buy a new more powerfull computer)

There are a LOT of factors which can make you unable to do some obvious thing.

But, about the way it's shown in the anime, the best way I can describe it is that it was simply some free-pratice so it was of no needs to save a backup of it.

(But, again, I find it unrealist and stupid that a school mix both middle-school, high-school and university students computers together. Ok for High-School and University, but I never have seen a middle-school which mix his material with high-school. In my own opinion, it's way too different worlds in how serious works on computer might be. When I was in middle-school, both "level" had their own computer rooms since, for exemple, middle-school had a lot of program about languages, maths, etc. while high-school had some specifics program for their field of studies.)

So, if ever I see other episode of this show, I REALLY need to turn my brain off or I'll end up complaining about it again, again and again.
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 19:08   Link #143
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoghu View Post
(But, again, I find it unrealist and stupid that a school mix both middle-school, high-school and university students computers together. Ok for High-School and University, but I never have seen a middle-school which mix his material with high-school. In my own opinion, it's way too different worlds in how serious works on computer might be. When I was in middle-school, both "level" had their own computer rooms since, for exemple, middle-school had a lot of program about languages, maths, etc. while high-school had some specifics program for their field of studies.)

So, if ever I see other episode of this show, I REALLY need to turn my brain off or I'll end up complaining about it again, again and again.
Let me introduce you to one -- http://www.aoyama.ac.jp/en/.

Quote:
comprehensive educational institute called Aoyama Gakuin, which includes kindergarten, elementary school, junior/senior high school, and women's junior college.
They're not *common* but they definitely exist in Japan .... if you might recall, another fictional campus like this is Negima's Mahora Academy -> K-12->graduate campus. And like any campus, resources get shared.

It is unusual, but not unknown particularly for magnet/focus schools.
Old 2009-07-25, 21:33   Link #144
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Vexx: Sorry for the sidetrack, but I'm reasonably sure that in the past (maybe pre-WWII?), such systems were more common. I mean, to remain affilated with a school for one's whole schooling career sounds darn logical in the Japanese context.
Old 2009-07-27, 13:54   Link #145
Midonin
Last Engage

The ending credits for episode four go to Professor this time, which means that Namiko should take up the singing for next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 17:16   Link #146
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They're not *common* but they definitely exist in Japan ....
It is unusual, but not unknown particularly for magnet/focus schools.
They are, in fact, an *increasing* trend lately in Japan, what with the decreasing birth rate and the "aging" of the average age of the population. This is getting way off-topic, but I wonder how long this trend will go on before it reverses itself.

And now I shall go listen to Noda-chan's ED song for the 17th time.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 05:09   Link #147
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I wonder if they plan to have a group version of the song. Even if they repeat the five individual versions, there are still at least two endings left. Assuming this is just 12 episodes.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2009-07-28, 12:40   Link #148
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Yea...series like this one is really hard to get without subs at times...

ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 11:15   Link #149
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Haha, Noda is a cute model ^^'
Sorry, that cap just reminds me of the whole "yaranaika" thing.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 22:54   Link #150
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Sorry, that cap just reminds me of the whole "yaranaika" thing.
great, now you made me think fanarts of Noda doing something *ahem* on that bench
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 00:06   Link #151
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question is the main character a boy or a girl???

cuz she/he look girlish if a boy but also look boyish if a girl

i am kinda confused
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 00:24   Link #152
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question is the main character a boy or a girl???

cuz she/he look girlish if a boy but also look boyish if a girl

i am kinda confused
you should notice that she is wearing a skirt in her uniform all the time
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-07-31, 00:48   Link #153
FateAnomaly

Watarase Jun wears a skirt all the time too :P
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 01:15   Link #154
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
& scottish men also sometimes wear a skirt in an event *shoots missiles at Jun*
Old 2009-07-31, 09:18   Link #155
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
& scottish men also sometimes wear a skirt in an event *shoots missiles at Jun*
That's nae a skirt! It's a KILT! An' tha's nae a purse, laddie! It's a SPORRAN, I tell ya!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 10:00   Link #156
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

And Kilts are GAR pieces of clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Sweet Jun!

But Tomokane is the opposite of this in any case. She is just an extreme tomboy

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2009-07-31, 10:20   Link #157
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
That's nae a skirt! It's a KILT! An' tha's nae a purse, laddie! It's a SPORRAN, I tell ya!
relax! cuz Jet Fire's ma' name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

And Kilts are GAR pieces of clothing

Sweet Jun!

But Tomokane is the opposite of this in any case. She is just an extreme tomboy
but it only works unless if you wear battle armour on it, yo
& i swear something looks really wrong with some of the guys potrayed in the Brave Heart movie too (*cough* too much Jun *cough*)

btw, is it just me again that i find Tomo-chan's tomboyish riff makes her look hawt!?
Old 2009-07-31, 11:29   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Has anyone spotted any fansubbers doing this series in addition to Ayako?
Old 2009-07-31, 11:51   Link #159
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Nope, unfortunately. Only 1 episode subbed so far D:

Old 2009-07-31, 13:08   Link #160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not too worried. Ayako has always come through and finished their projects I've watched. They seem to specialize in the smaller niche offerings I like to watch. They just often take a bit longer to pop them out.

Tags
manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life