AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira (OVA) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 8 21.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 8.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 24.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 8.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 16.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 5.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-24, 06:09   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira (OVA) - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira (OVA), Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-09-24, 20:04   Link #2
HayleyKat

I really can't wait for the sub version! Ep 2 is miles above Ep 1 and I would probably watch more Adventures of Oyashiro Rika. Very very cute c:
Old 2011-09-24, 20:30   Link #3
Oblivion

The general consensus will probably be Ep.2 >>>Ep.1 lol. But as far as this episode goes, I really enjoyed it. I wasn't so sure at first with them adding in a magical girl theme to Higurashi but in the end it worked out nicely.
Old 2011-09-26, 13:04   Link #4
Acinem
Furudo Erik

it is sooo disappointing.. disgracing whole higurashi concept. it is sad.. overall both ep1 and ep2 are awful.. same will be for ep3 and ep4

"Because of love, you end up seeing thing that don't even exist" - Erika Furudo
"Sympathy is evil liquor that proud are most fond of" - Dlanor A. Knox
"I am the cruelest witch in the world and I'll make any opponent of mine surrender without fail" - Frederica Bernkastel
Old 2011-09-26, 13:27   Link #5
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I found it enjoyable and funny. It has nothing really to do with the original story as that is finished, but it makes good use of the characters and setting to tell a silly magical girl story.

Rika is pretty much upset the entire time because of how silly this is...and that her breasts didn't grow like she dreamed.

Hanyuu is silly as a tiny faery.

Does it seem wrong that I would mch rather have listened to Rena, Shion, and Mion's conversation in the classroom than Rika and Satoko? It sounded more fun and Rena was going off on something.

Also it is always good to hear Tanaka Rie doing her sexy evil deeper voice. Even if it was very limited. I'd actually have rather heard her going around as the main villan of the story than Takano, even though Takano's evil voice is also quite good (though now I hear Eva every time instead of Takano).

The fanservice was not misplaced like the previous episode, which had both good and bad fanservice...sometimes at the same time (Rena's fanservice was good...save for the voice over. Rika's fanservice was tasteless, but silly. K1's fanservice was silly. Mion/Shion's fanservice seemed off. Satoko's fanservice seemed tame. Takano's fanservice was hot though.) I still blame that crazy woman that voices Satoshi for making him really creepy in places, and confusing in others.
Old 2011-09-26, 14:56   Link #6
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol now Rika and Satoko are magical girls. This is one interesting set of ovas. Thought it was enjoyable nonetheless. Liked how there adult selves looked.
Old 2011-09-26, 15:05   Link #7
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well this was certainly more interesting and entertaining than episode 1 was. One just shouldn't take it as seriously as the main series. Being a fan of action shows helps too.~

Not to mention that the show actually acknowledges how ridiculous a scenario this is itself. That's usually a good sign.

Who is that other chick besides Takano in the Tokyo Magica group though? I've never seen her before. I already know the two guys are Teppei and Okonogi.

They sort of left the episode open-ended too. Are they implying a continuation at some point?

Anywho, no complaints here. Just a fun little "what-if" story.

The next episode actually looks very interesting. Developing on Mion and Keiichi's romance eh? Shippers will be thrilled.
Old 2011-09-26, 15:15   Link #8
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That woman is known as Nomura. She's basically Takano's contact with "Tokyo" and the woman who is sort of pushing Takano along the path of proving her grandfather's work. Possibly also the one assigned to make a situation so the entire Hinamizawa business gets covered up (so that no one will find out about the illegal biological weapons research being done on Hinamizawa Syndrome). She is played by Rie Tanaka using her old Suigintou voice from Rozen Maidens. She is only seen in the last main arc in Higurashi Kai.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-09-26 at 22:02.
Old 2011-09-26, 20:06   Link #9
User173096
Disabled By Request

I liked this episode. It's much better than the first one. Rika's boobs joke never gets old
Also, Nomura needs more screentime...
Old 2011-09-26, 20:57   Link #10
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

They sort of left the episode open-ended too. Are they implying a continuation at some point?

Anywho, no complaints here. Just a fun little "what-if" story.
It seems like they continue Oyashiro Rika's adventures in the Mini-Drama included with the limited edition DVD/BD. There's also the manga coming out too.
Old 2011-09-27, 07:02   Link #11
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I liked the mini-drama better XD Mostly Rena parts lol Rena is awesome in it.
Old 2011-09-27, 08:21   Link #12
Echoes

Alright. This was a massive improvement from the horrendous first episode. I can get behind this.

The concept was nothing special, but it allowed for some great character interaction, and now that the actual story is over, the awesome characters is the main reason I'm watching.

Hanyuu as a fairy was adorable. Her dialogue with the two-faced Rika was hilarious, and damn cute too. Seeing serious-Rika in action really took me back, and the whole magical girl thing was pretty funny too.

Overall, a solid episode. I was entertained, and it was a reminder of just how good a cast of voice actors this series has.
Old 2011-09-27, 11:03   Link #13
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinem View Post
it is sooo disappointing.. disgracing whole higurashi concept. it is sad.. overall both ep1 and ep2 are awful.. same will be for ep3 and ep4
You can't take it seriously, it's just a 10th anniversary "fun" series.

Though I agree that the second episode was better than the first, poor rika can never win can she. xD
Old 2011-09-27, 12:33   Link #14
Joly
モエカステル

I don't have much to say on it, I really loved this episode and thought it was entertaining. (And it also might be because I'm a fan of Satoko, Rika, and Hanyuu which make it even better for me... heh.) I'm also actually very curious on seeing how the third episode will turn out!

No one answered my question last time.. but did anyone catch Satoko's magical girl name?

The English subtitles say "Magical Girl Trap Satoko," which sounds a little odd... but... I swear I hear another syllable in there (or I'm just hearing things.) Wouldn't it be more like Trapster Satoko?
Old 2011-09-27, 21:22   Link #15
Kantoku
見ぬが花

I heard Trapster Satoko as well. The subtitle translations were very rough and had some grammatical errors / mistranslations in general here and there (it was done only a few days after the disc release though), and judging by some of the name misspellings I'm guessing this was the group's first time subbing a Higurashi episode?
Old 2011-09-27, 21:52   Link #16
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

After the last Kira episode I feel subbers are reluctant to continue lol
Old 2011-09-27, 22:04   Link #17
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
After the last Kira episode I feel subbers are reluctant to continue lol
True enough. I've yet to see the same group from Kira 01 sub 02 (although Derp-subs hasn't given any signs of stopping - they're likely just waiting for HD source). Fortunately, at least Whine-subs has a 1080p english sub out, but it's torrent only (Megaupload won't let you download a 1+ GB file unless you have an account).
Old 2011-09-27, 22:13   Link #18
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
I don't have much to say on it, I really loved this episode and thought it was entertaining. (And it also might be because I'm a fan of Satoko, Rika, and Hanyuu which make it even better for me... heh.) I'm also actually very curious on seeing how the third episode will turn out!

No one answered my question last time.. but did anyone catch Satoko's magical girl name?

The English subtitles say "Magical Girl Trap Satoko," which sounds a little odd... but... I swear I hear another syllable in there (or I'm just hearing things.) Wouldn't it be more like Trapster Satoko?
No, clearly Satoko is a magical trap that can retract and extend her trap parts with mahou "shoujo" powers
Old 2011-09-27, 22:37   Link #19
Joly
モエカステル

Pffft. Well, I'll be going with Trapster Satoko. It's probably the group's first time subbing or maybe just a rushed sub since there's mistakes here and there.

I also noticed Rika called Keiichi as "Keikei" in this episode... I thought I misheard that one. I wonder if this was explained in the mini-dramas or something.
Old 2011-09-28, 02:18   Link #20
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

So, after finally getting the 1080p english subs, the episode is....trololol, but it's actually funny in parts and miles better than Kira 01.

Spoiler for Kira 02 Thoughts and Musings:

I think I'd be interested in seeing a conclusion to this story, if only to see how preposterous the story becomes and I would really feel bad if Rika and Satoko were trapped in this ridiculous world with an even less competent Hanyuu.

7 - 7.5/10 We're creeping towards an all-around enjoyable episode.