AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 14:39   Link #2061
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Scouting in my tier 10 Tank destroyer:

Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:41   Link #2062
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Scouting in my tier 10 Tank destroyer:
-Snip-
Oh noes, I bet you used some weird invisible while shooting tactics that make me want to cry..
Old 2013-01-21, 14:45   Link #2063
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
No, I ended up scouting when the E-50M (at full life) refused to scout and kept hiding behind all the tank destroyers. I bounced 2 shots from an enemy Object 268 and eventually got slaughtered by arty. But I managed to get their Object 704, Bat Chat, and JP E-100 killed before I died, it seems.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:57   Link #2064
Gravitas Free Zone

I'll mention here the Sand River assault mode game I was in yesterday where, on the attacking side, our JagdTiger 8.8 at one point managed to mysteriously appear in enemy territory in the middle of the map.

Must've dug a tunnel.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:18   Link #2065
Blaat

Got the Master badge on the D2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Depends on the Tier IV tank. The Matilda for one is way too awesome once you get its 2pdr Mk-XB gun.
I've had a Matilda, my grandfather with a walking can easily walk circles around it while the tank is supposedly moving forward. But admittedly that was definitely the better, if not best, Tier IV tank I've played with so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You mean the B1? Actually I've found that it's very good as long as the MM keeps it within tier IV and lower. It has good armor, and its last gun is fast-firing.
I'm talking about Tier IV tanks in general: Pz38nA, M3 Lee, AMX 40, A-20, T-28 etc. In general they're not as good as the tank before them or after them.
Old 2013-01-21, 15:40   Link #2066
Gravitas Free Zone

Matchmaking plays a big part in the pain of Tier 4, though. The vehicles themselves, if pitted against their same tier somehow, all have their strengths.

The M3 Lee had a tolerable final gun... it would just be better as a T40, without the giant useless upper hull and turret.
Old 2013-01-21, 15:50   Link #2067
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

This thing is slow, undergunnered, paper armor and painful to grind when stock, comparable of the AMX 40, Lee and Pz38na together...

Spoiler:

Buuuuut in the right hands is an assasin. Specially if you ignore the most common route (suspension, engine 1, then turret & guns) and go for the (in my opinion) the most immediate route (suspension, turret, guns) it will make the grind for the engines a little more painless. But you're slow as hell.

Spoiler:

Not a good one, but a demonstration of what it can do on an "standard" battle.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 16:01   Link #2068
Blaat

I'm really not liking the last gun on the T29 and checking my stats over at http://www.vbaddict.net seems to agree with, my kills damage done and xvm rating all went down. :\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Matchmaking plays a big part in the pain of Tier 4, though. The vehicles themselves, if pitted against their same tier somehow, all have their strengths.
I have to agree with this, the difference between Tier IV and VI probably the biggest in game along with III and V
Old 2013-01-21, 16:41   Link #2069
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I have to agree with this, the difference between Tier IV and VI probably the biggest in game along with III and V
4-6, the fun tiers.

It occurs to me that the other trick about Tier 4 when mixed in with other tiers is that the vehicles are a real grab bag; in the medium class alone, you've got a pseudo-TD, a pseudo-Maus, a rolling bunker, a fast scout, a giant fast tank...

Inexplicable team behavior: We'd managed to run the flank on Dragon Ridge and mostly have the mid-map Cuisinart go in our favor. A Matilda and T49 began to harass the tanks we had capping—until I removed the opposition. But then our tanks drove off the cap and started wandering around the northeast corner. I found this... odd.

The enemy began capping a few seconds later. There were four of us and two of them—our two by the enemy flag, me overwatching the enemy flag, and the last guy that was up in the northwest corner of the map not doing any damn thing. I typed some unfriendly commands to my team and drove back to our base. I actually drove past the hostile KV-1, figuring that it wasn't going to catch up to me, blew up the M3 Lee, then turned around and killed the KV-1.

So on the one hand, team-based stress. On the other hand, Top Gun, Sniper, and for once I actually got the event bonus during the actual event (Defender).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-21, 18:12   Link #2070
Sumeragi
Banned

Bruno's Medal:

I was so close to Tarczay's Medal. If only I had killed that KV-1.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:16   Link #2071
Pen3

Did 2464 Dmg to Maus, 3 on side and 4 on belly
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:43   Link #2072
Awrya
U mad?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
First time I got the Raider award.
Enemy arty was pretty much the most skilled player, also got Top Gun.

Map Murovanka, end game, we outnumber him 4 to 1, me, Tiger, PzIV and Wolverine.
I go cap, and for some reason those 3 are forest camping. We had the rough direction of the AMX and instead of all rushing him, Wolverine moves in while the other two still camp.

Wolverine gets one shot, PzIV moves in.
PzIV gets one shot, Tiger moves in.
Tiger gets hit, moves to cover.
Tiger moves out of cover, gets hit, moves back to cover.

I didn't shoot because the team was just too stupid and the AMX was just too pro.
Old 2013-01-21, 19:28   Link #2073
willx
Nyaaan~~

..And to cap off 3 straight losses in my KT .. I get 1-shot by arty (S-51)
Old 2013-01-21, 19:46   Link #2074
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Waiting for a few thousand more so I can Elite my KV-1, so I can move on to the KV-1S.

Too bad I wasn't able to screenshot my hilarious run with the Chinese M5a1 during an encounter mission full of Tier VII tanks. Did my part as a scout by running to the flag, spotting the opposing forces that were there, then turning and circling around to THEIR end of the map, hit the panther camping there (spotting as I went), then ran back as fast as I could to my team. Managed to survive that one against the odds, and my team won due to the spotting.
Old 2013-01-21, 20:32   Link #2075
Sumeragi
Banned

Seems like the 10,5 cm KwK 46 L/68 has been treating me well:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 20:58   Link #2076
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm really not liking the last gun on the T29 and checking my stats over at http://www.vbaddict.net seems to agree with, my kills damage done and xvm rating all went down. :\I have to agree with this, the difference between Tier IV and VI probably the biggest in game along with III and V
To tell the truth, I'm still should I keep using the 105mm when I haven't upgraded turret and engine yet, since the loading time is horrible at 13 seconds, and I couldn't quickly retreat and move after each shot with the current engine. Not to mention 1k credit for each shot also makes me hesitate for fire without confirm the enemy position for sure. The damage increasing isn't that impressive either.

I remember the T32 while its spec is almost the same, it is much more nimble, smaller profile and has shorter reloading time with the 105mm. The last time I mostly grind through the T29 with the 90mm gun. The only downside is I couldn't snipe from afar with that gun if I want to keep my hull down position, but with the declining of arty (last night I had 3 matches without arty in a row), it may not be much problem.

Really considering going back to the old gun, honestly.
Old 2013-01-21, 22:25   Link #2077
Gravitas Free Zone

Wow, looking at Pen3's screenshot, that if you're in Tier 9-10 the only thing that actually gives you money is having the premium account, or even the non-dying win would have been a net loss monetarily.

Though I can't say I'm surprised, given the business model that we're playing with.
Old 2013-01-21, 23:07   Link #2078
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Wow, looking at Pen3's screenshot, that if you're in Tier 9-10 the only thing that actually gives you money is having the premium account, or even the non-dying win would have been a net loss monetarily.

Though I can't say I'm surprised, given the business model that we're playing with.
That's one of the main reasons why I really don't see myself progressing beyond Tier 8 (for now).

Endless "Empty pockets" Soul
Old 2013-01-21, 23:16   Link #2079
Pen3

1024 per shot and 36k for repair i was almost dead
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:18   Link #2080
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Heck, I technically CAN get tier-8 tanks already (the Panther 2 and the Tiger 2), but the costs involved make me balk even now. And you wonder why I keep a fleet of tier 5s...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks