AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-11-27, 08:09   Link #241
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
what is gundam hacks?? i don't understand
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 13:07   Link #242
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
He doesn't know...
O_O;;
O_O;;
It's all about the so-called invincibility bestowed upon "light-side" Gundam pilots - they never miss, cannot be vanquished, touched and always win (which spawned a few jokes about Kira entering cheat codes inside the Freedom's computer to win each battle he fights) that makes certain characters look boring and Gary Sue-ish to the eyes of a certain quality-seeking, action/veracity-thirsty audience.
And, in case you haven't realized it, it's Kira who's first and foremost targeted here.
Old 2006-11-27, 17:00   Link #243
Kamille-MkII
Go U.C.

Like in the end of Destiny, where as you see Clyne Faction mobile suits without a single scratch just shining in the nice space light.
Kamille-MkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 17:48   Link #244
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
LOL...I think you understand so much that you don't understand ...

Gundamhacks is like me jumping into a Windam and getting my a$$ kicked, then jumping into .//hackatsuki or any other Clyne or "Goodside" Gundam and instantly kicking a$$...It's fake and disrespectful to a portion of the audience, but fun and acceptable to another portion...Now that you know what it is your eyeballs should be popping out of your skull in realization of what you now know (Based on GSD)...
Old 2006-11-27, 23:27   Link #245
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

So Shinn beating Kira with Impulse was Gundam hacks, according to your definition?

And to think of how berated and chastised I was by nonbelievers when I said that after episode 34 had aired.
Old 2006-11-28, 00:18   Link #246
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well I don't think I published that definition in a news-journal so don't use it as the end all be all xD...Secondly, No I said Gundamhacks appear fake or nonsensible...Like Neo doing everything but forming Voltron in .//hackatsuki when he was sad in a Windam...Like a half-dead bloody milkshake Athrun actually being able to pilot I-J effectively...I don't consider planning and methodically plotting a strategy (with your teammate) against a predictable opponent (Kira in-terms of his no-kill tactics) in a Gundam YOU USED ALL SERIES UP TO THAT POINT as a hack...That scenerio had an air of believability( Not that Sama-lovers will ever see that)...

Kira in the desert arc from SEED was believable thus not a hack, Kira once he got FREEDOM and showed awesomeness and normalness when faced with the druggies was also lacking hack...However Neo owning $hit when he could barely pilot a suit without Kira Seasame Streeting the OS is a hack...Clyne killling the whole Zaft army is a macro-hack...Rey being a bada$$ in PROVIDENCE Jr. vs. Kira (pre-Final fight) when all he did was stand on a boat letting darts shoot out his back is also perhaps a hack (obviously if you ignore the whole psuedo-Newtype-Cooordie Clone powers)...Now GSD Kira is kinda hard to judge since his own personal hackness appears to be more real than fake...In other words he's unbelievably believable at this point or believably unbelievable if you like it visa versa...

Now Shinn vs. the DESTROYs has been argued both ways with the DESTROYs being "nerfed" as probably more acceptable...But I'll accept Shinn as having some hackness I guess, although overall he seemed to be nerfed morso given his utter lack of creativity post-Destiny (Which betrayed his earlier development from the pre-ep 34 scenerios)...I see Shinn quite low on the hack totem-pole in comparison to others...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-11-28 at 00:29.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:33   Link #247
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is that, if Lacus became the new chairman and Kira will follow?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:51   Link #248
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

This is off topic, but to put this in football terms, even the worst team can pick the quarterback at the 20 yard line and run it back for a score. In episode 34, Kira just threw an INT straight to Shinn. I think Shinn's overall, full-circle performance against Kira is pretty much living proof of that analogy.

Not that I don't disagree with the fact that hacks seem to follow Kira everywhere he goes, it just makes things easier when your team has the best quarterback in the league. Kira is the Peyton Manning of SEED. Shinn is Eli, who had so much potential and hype, yet just wasn't able to deliver.
Old 2006-11-28, 02:21   Link #249
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Shinn is more like Jake Plummer...was doing a good job until the coach (Shanahan as Fukuda) decided to draft then play a quaterback that his fanbase likes more...With the pressure that any bad play could be his last Jake played like he had another main-character waiting on the sidelines ready to snatch his limelight and had a sad conclusion to what just one year ago was an MVP caliber season...As for Kira throwing Shinn a pick, if you study game tape with your teammate Rey (Ray Lewis that is^^) even Peyton Manning can get caught off-guard...I believe Rey installed the 3-4 defense Peyton's (Kira's) one glaring weakness...But it was Shinn Asuka who executed the pre-game planning...

I could do football analogies all day...Kira has every uniform in the league so he could fit alot of team color schemes...Good thing for you Eli just started playing like crap in the last 3 weeks (his potential was right oncourse vs. Dallas 4 weeks prior)...It's a long season so maybe he will be in the end what Shinn couldn't be...

a player...

And while we are on this football crunch gotta give props to my boy Drew Brees whose kicking fantasy-a$$ for my New Orleans Saints!!
Old 2006-11-28, 03:51   Link #250
demonik
I like cheese...

wow...american football analogies....someone might wanna translate into cricket or AFL?
demonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 06:00   Link #251
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
thanx i already understand now
the gundam series i watch only gundam seed that's why i don't know so much about that
actually many people said kira in GSD like god but when kira got beaten by shinn (he not a god anymore)
even many people said he like god but i like his fighting skill

Last edited by kira-sama; 2006-11-28 at 06:16.
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 15:57   Link #252
tetsuo69

Quote:
thanx i already understand now
the gundam series i watch only gundam seed that's why i don't know so much about that
actually many people said kira in GSD like god but when kira got beaten by shinn (he not a god anymore)
even many people said he like god but i like his fighting skill
dont listen to what people say about kira being a god, as its mostly always angry shinn fans
Old 2006-11-28, 22:56   Link #253
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

^actually its both. Anti-Kira fans mock Kira's supposed god-like abilities in a sarcastic way, while actual Kira fapboys really think Kira and Strike Freedom are the best things to happen in their lives, and calling him 'god' :P
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 23:07   Link #254
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
LOL, I am a Kira fanboy, but I don't hail every minute of his screentime or pray in a custom made Kira Strike Freedom shrine, haha lol - I do admit that he is one of the finest piece of marketing tool that made lots of money from the audience. You can't imagine how many model kits are sold with just 5 seconds of footage with Freedom firing 35246256456 guns at 34523523452142 grunts.

I am pleased with how overpromoted the character became and how he has become an icon of overpowered/overpromoted/overfanserviced winning goodness.
But I don't let the promos, gunpla, stock footage make me overlook the fact that there are other underpromoted characters like Athrun (possibly even Shinn) that can answer back or probably even beat him in a battle. Honestly, even with the OMGWTFKIRASPAMMING, I don't believe he is actually that much better than his Justice counterpart. CE would've made a lot more money if they spent as much time promoting Athrun or Shinn (not just in screentime, but also in gunpla, intro hierarchy, DVD covers, etc.) into a cash cow that was like Kira Yamato.
If there was as much hype about Athrun as there was with Kira (as in, Athrun slaying 23523454235623465 grunts with re-used stock footage), Bandai would've easily made more money with model kit sales, and may even have given us Master Grade Justices, etc.

Back on topic, ignoring all the plot and canonical direction of the change, who else thinks that Kira in white ZAFT looks just plain badass? Who here agrees that he has more of a BOSS look (being a boss character matches his boss-like MS, IMO) compared to his old, hero type look?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 00:01   Link #255
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Back on topic, ignoring all the plot and canonical direction of the change, who else thinks that Kira in white ZAFT looks just plain badass? Who here agrees that he has more of a BOSS look (being a boss character matches his boss-like MS, IMO) compared to his old, hero type look?
i agreed with 1 and 2
its just sad we wont get to see until next year ^^
Old 2006-11-29, 00:05   Link #256
neilz

Kira in ZAFT uniform, I find it nice, the only reason they need to uber-mode kira is his always on a small army. Now, that he's in ZAFT (even partially), he won't be fighting alone. Maybe we can see Kira as a LEADER which I think the only department in mech combat that he lacks.

@M_Flores
Well, I prefer a Special Opponent rather a Big Boss, I don't feel the Boss Aura on Kira. : )
neilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 01:21   Link #257
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Yes, Kira is god. But not because of any godly traits Kira possesses. He's just god by default, since Lacus is truly the goddess of CE. If you cross her, it's not a question of if but WHEN you bite it, and if she likes you, you just got yourself a shield and sword made of Lacusanium aka, Lacus Dust, aka blatant main character invincibility mode.

Case in point:

Episode 13: Freedom is spewing Lacus Dust every which way, Kira is WTFpwning everything.
Episode 23: See above.
Episode 26: See above.
Episode 28: Less Lacus Dust, couldn't prevent Orb fleet from biting it.
Episode 32: Even less Lacus Dust, needed Shinn's help vs. Destroy.
Episode 34: No Lacus Dust--Lacus Dust withdrawal syndrome--and your result follows.
Episode 39: See Episodes 13, 23, and 26.
Episode 42+: See above.

It's not Kira's godliness that's responsible...it's the goddess of all that's pink and warm and fluffy that's lurking in the shadows in a skintight ninja outfit and white trenchcoat.
Old 2006-11-29, 02:41   Link #258
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilz View Post
Kira in ZAFT uniform, I find it nice, the only reason they need to uber-mode kira is his always on a small army. Now, that he's in ZAFT (even partially), he won't be fighting alone. Maybe we can see Kira as a LEADER which I think the only department in mech combat that he lacks.
I also find Kira the White nice, however I'm still asking what this means (I guess we'll know by the end). I originally thought that Kira as a top officer was only as a way to go unnoticed besides Lacus... a little bit like how Jack Ryan was given a Navy uniform by Admiral Greer (Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October). Maybe its only that, but Kira in a ZAFT uniform is a great promotional tool.

Kira sure lacks some leadership required to lead men on a battlefield... because he never did it before, but fighting for Orb rather than ZAFT is not a bad idea since he's up with one of the most disciplined armies of the CE universe (Orb of course). Also, Kira being the second-in-command after Cagalli in military affairs is a bonus to facilitate his integration as a top leading officer when it comes to earn respect from his men.

Despite the ZAFT Kira pic being great, I still think Kira's more classy in that Orb uniform as a general.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 05:21   Link #259
azaria03

omg

this news really surprise me being a Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne fan i never thought he would or it would comes to his mind to join zaft even it is just a thing to get near lacus or to protect lacus without getting any much attention but i got to say kira in that zaft uniform both red and black looks cool!
i want to see shinn's face while kira is commanding him
azaria03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 07:58   Link #260
mikyu

does anybody considered that kira might not joined zaft because of lacus?
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote