AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 17:58   Link #81
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Such a waste of such lovely character designs and artwork...

Haphazard doesn't even begin to describe the "plot" of this episode (if you can even call it that). This anime seems to have a full-on identity crisis of epic proportions. Perhaps it makes sense for people familiar with the VN source material, but for me, as an anime-only viewer, it's just a complete mess. And not a particularly funny mess either, imo.

I might give it one more episode, but given what I already have on my slate for this season, it's doubtful.
Old 2011-04-08, 15:03   Link #82
Midonin
Last Engage

There are times when my ethics and my patience are at conflict with each other.

Spoiler for OreTsuba 01 - Hand/Bush Bird Value up 2%:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 15:40   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is the time of a season when I like almost everything, so it's no surprise that I liked this. Messy and confusing, yes. But I think there may be something there.

The most annoying bit was the English loli Alice's accent -- at first -- but I gradually got used to it and realized what a good job the seiyuu was doing, giving the awkward feeling that foreigners give in Japanese. We just don't get the cadences right, as Japanese don't in English. The seiyuu who gave us that tour de force was Aoki Sayaka, who played Kyon's little sister in Haruhi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:10   Link #84
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm pretty laid back with what anime I enjoy watching (different from the smaller subset that I LIKE), as there are tentatively like 16 titles I might follow this season. But I just couldn't get into this one at all, it was a large disappointment IMHO.

Trying to wedge 4 different casts together into some ensemble mess really did not gel in Ep1 at all. I'll give it another episode or two, but the level of phoned-in tropes and cliches exhibited in each of the cast sets really turned me off. It was even worse than how thick it felt in Infinite Stratos...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 16:46   Link #85
hoarfrost

Man, where to start? This show has taken harem and raised it to the n^ power. Whereas you'd expect writers to try something new, they're doubling(tripling?) down on the old. It's going to take more than pretty art and walking pairs of panties to get me to try to keep up with this.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 18:38   Link #86
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

That first episode was an utterly confusing mess, but the ending looks kind of interesting. I'll be sticking around for a few more episodes to see if this series can sort itself out.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 20:11   Link #87
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This anime is taking a huge mess of 4 male leads with girls all over the place to cause a massive party to spark. The plot itself.... I can somewhat keep up with the individual characters, but trying to word out why they decide to follow 2(3)(4) male leads at the same time while staying within a 24 minute limit is going to be a bum-rush... Of course that's just introductions, and you can never truly judge how an anime goes until you see more then just one episode. I will keep going on with this to see if anything happens that will give it a good point, but expectations are.... A little in the medium.

It would make things more easier if they simply combine the male leads at some point so we don't need to constantly follow different plots.
Old 2011-04-09, 00:54   Link #88
billborden

Let's face it, guys; this is clearly the show to drop acid to this season

I'll give it one more episode to see if it straightens itself out.
Old 2011-04-09, 06:52   Link #89
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Confusing it was but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was twenty-fucking-one panty shots. Actually the series felt like something that could otherwise be good but once again was ruined by useless and dumb fan service. Especially the scene in the restaurant, where that girl was talking ... and the screen was focused on her .. panties. Yeah, that's where her mouth is right ?
Old 2011-04-09, 07:17   Link #90
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Confusing it was but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was twenty-fucking-one panty shots.
wow, you actually counted them all? ... impressive.

Quote:
Actually the series felt like something that could otherwise be good but once again was ruined by useless and dumb fan service.
I disagree. Out of the early starters this season, this one happens to have the better and tastier fanservice.
Old 2011-04-09, 07:49   Link #91
Dop
Mmmm....

That was very strange. At one point I was convinced that what I was watching was an ecchi parody of Durarara!

If they keep up the parody of common anime tropes it might be worth watching.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 08:09   Link #92
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
wow, you actually counted them all? ... impressive.

I disagree. Out of the early starters this season, this one happens to have the better and tastier fanservice.
I wouldn't know. That post was written from the viewpoint of someone who despises ecchi. I will probably watch another episode and see if aside from the ecchi it's watchable but this series felt one of those that would have done just fine without ecchi .. It made me feel like .. '' what's the point, what does it give to the series '' ..
Old 2011-04-09, 08:48   Link #93
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol wth was that.
Well , it's not confusing. The ED barely told us what will be this show.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 09:13   Link #94
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
'' what's the point, what does it give to the series '' ..
Hmm. I'm not going on one of my explanation spree's (been a long day), but I think I have a good enough reason for you.

Let's take for example the restaurant (cafe) (bar) scenes, and what the convo's were about. Drinking parties with girls, the Master's preggy wife-to-be, a couple of girl stereotypes, basically those topics. There were 2 girls of interest in that cafe, who were not of those stereotypes, who didn't want to go to the drinking party (at first), and clearly were not the average level-headed girl(s). Honestly, instead of listening to a couple of guys go on about their ecchi plans, I'd welcome a few pantyshots here and there of the 2 girls of interest, as it's quite a small cafe and just about every view possibly interesting was used, for a game-to-anime conversion, I think it would have looked even more bland without a pantyshot I know this is largely my opinion, but you gotta admit, if these guys were talking about sensible topics like employment, sports or what not, then a pantyshot would have definitely ruined everything.

And the blue haired kid has invaded a couple of Navel series prior to Ore-tachi, and his antics were not a surprise and were seen a mile away 8)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 09:20   Link #95
Seihai
スマイリウム

Incredible ambition as always, asukatron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Count me in. I also look forward to Sofuteni (besides Henzemi and Seikon no Qwaser II).
Old 2011-04-09, 10:02   Link #96
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
This show was complete crap. Dropped after a few minutes. This makes stuff like Queens Blade, and Rio Rainbow Gate seem intelligent
Old 2011-04-09, 11:07   Link #97
Seihai
スマイリウム

Damn, I think it was already mentioned but Tomokazu Sugita plays that Dj!*slowpoke* Now until shown otherwise I will just pretend Gintoki is the one who is sitting in a recording room commenting the show... awesome.
Old 2011-04-09, 11:53   Link #98
broken270
Defying gravity

If you take this anime like Ef (so far, that is the only series I can compare this to, unless anyone else knows another visual novel-to-anime series that has multiple protagonists revealed in every episode that people can relate to), then this is actually an interesting/great way to start the series.

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 12:51   Link #99
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Confusing it was but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was twenty-fucking-one panty shots. Actually the series felt like something that could otherwise be good but once again was ruined by useless and dumb fan service. Especially the scene in the restaurant, where that girl was talking ... and the screen was focused on her .. panties. Yeah, that's where her mouth is right ?
Come on, if you find panty-shots SOooo distracting, watch stuff like Spartacus... ZERO panty-shots

Sarcasm aside, I gave the first episode a second view, this time paying attention, and apart from the lack of focus, it was pretty good
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 18:00   Link #100
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Just watched the first episode and seriously.... I'm lost as hell as to what's this is suppose to be about.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, seinen