AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-16, 03:29   Link #5381
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, that pic looks like they're gonna set Shinn as an antagonist from the beginning .
Old 2012-11-16, 04:14   Link #5382
I Fail at Life

And with that..... *ufc commentator* IT'S ALL OVER!!

Anyway, they did exactly what I been expexted them to do for this episode.

@Destiny's Remaster, already announced:

So they didn't drop the ball, on this opportunity. *applause*
Now show me... just how your going to capitalize on this.

My Assumptions on Debut: I say anywhere from; whatever is left of this year to Q2 2013. Announcing it literally right after the end of SEED's Remaster (which even I wouldn't expect until at least a couple weeks later), and not Debuting it until Q4 2013, this would be a missed chance. And Seeing as how SEED's Remaster was announced 3 moths before it's official debut, I expect a couple weeks to three months for 1st episode debut.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 04:34   Link #5383
monster

I get the idea about capitalizing on SEED's remaster, but I think it'll be nice for 2014 as well, for Destiny's own 10th anniversary.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 04:43   Link #5384
bio9205
Reborn

Any idea when SEED HD was announced? I'd like an idea as to when we can expect to see the Destiny remaster to start airing. That way I can decide whether or not to watch the original since I've just finished SEED.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 04:44   Link #5385
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I get the idea about capitalizing on SEED's remaster, but I think it'll be nice for 2014 as well, for Destiny's own 10th anniversary.
Why show this Image now... and release two years later? monster, please explain.

No what? I contract my previous post. I hope it's fake. What they showed with this Remaster, I have no f****** faith. This is Destiny were taking about, which means most of the bull**** will remain.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:54   Link #5386
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Why show this Image now... and release two years later? monster, please explain.
Why not? 2014 isn't that far away, especially if they're going to broadcast 1 episode every week, as with SEED Remaster.
Quote:
No what? I contract my previous post. I hope it's fake. What they showed with this Remaster, I have no f****** faith. This is Destiny were taking about, which means most of the bull**** will remain.
Well, I would expect a remaster to be aimed at fans of the original product.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:22   Link #5387
bio9205
Reborn

2014? Damn.

Okay, so I just finished watching SEED for the first time. And I must say that although it started out slow, I love it - the characters, the mecha, the plot. I have some questions, though -

1) What's up with Andrew Waltfield? Was he on Orb's side all along? Or did he defect after losing Aisha?
2) Flay. Um. I don't get the whole deal with Kira and her. Did Kira like her, or was she just his sex buddy? Why was he so emotionally charged over her?
3) The five original Gundams. I was so confused when Cagalli showed up at the beginning and thought her father betrayed Orb. Did Orb build the Gundams for the Earth Alliance? And if they did, why? Aren't they neutral?
Old 2012-11-16, 05:40   Link #5388
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
1) What's up with Andrew Waltfield? Was he on Orb's side all along? Or did he defect after losing Aisha?
He's part of the Clyne faction.
Quote:
2) Flay. Um. I don't get the whole deal with Kira and her. Did Kira like her, or was she just his sex buddy? Why was he so emotionally charged over her?
He feels guilty over not being able to protect her.
Quote:
3) The five original Gundams. I was so confused when Cagalli showed up at the beginning and thought her father betrayed Orb. Did Orb build the Gundams for the Earth Alliance? And if they did, awhy? Aren't they neutral?
It was needed to build up their own military power.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:43   Link #5389
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
3) The five original Gundams. I was so confused when Cagalli showed up at the beginning and thought her father betrayed Orb. Did Orb build the Gundams for the Earth Alliance? And if they did, why? Aren't they neutral?
  1. Most probably, he’s defecting to Clyne’s faction after previously in Zala’s or just a neutral military personnel.
  2. Fllay is Kira’s crush during the peace time in ORB’s space colony. So, he has some feelings for her from the beginning.
  3. Most probably a secret deal by a certain ORB royal familiy(ies) + Morgenroete with Earth Alliance.
(anyone is welcomed to correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote:
.....That way I can decide whether or not to watch the original since I've just finished SEED.
I can almost guarantee that watching the second half of the original Destiny series will make you facedesk again and again and again....

The first half is rather decent. It’s even very exciting for the first 10-15 episodes or so.

My advice: just watch the yet-to-come Destiny Remaster. You might get to watch the "best" version of Destiny by doing that. You don't have to go through "hell" first ^^.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:49   Link #5390
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, I can almost guarantee that watching the second half of the original Destiny series will make you facedesk again and again and again....
Is that what you did?
Old 2012-11-16, 05:49   Link #5391
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Why not? 2014 isn't that far away, especially if they're going to broadcast 1 episode every week, as with SEED Remaster.
Destiny is just under, "just under" 2 years away, that's a decent amount away.

Also, we don't know what the interest would be at, regarding a Remaster and CE in general. Add in the fact that the next Gundam show would be right around the corner at that time (assuming they don't take a long break). Add in the fact it will take a year-round to finish, and possibly vying for Sunrise's attention with another Animated work or Gundam at that point.

I'm going with logic.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:50   Link #5392
Zeydra
A random passerby

Also, Flay was Kira's first love. They say someone's first love is incredibly strong (I've yet to fall for someone so I wouldn't know personally), so Flay's fate would hit Kira from multiple fronts. Major crush, first love, and a feeling of debt to her.

That, and her fate was rather shocking. Kira really has a bad record with protecting escape shuttles.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:50   Link #5393
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Is that what you did?
that's what the majority did

Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:53   Link #5394
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Is that what you did?
I actually did it once during the show. Didn't remember at what part. I guess I have succeeded in forgetting it .
Old 2012-11-16, 05:57   Link #5395
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Destiny is just under, "just under" 2 years away, that's a decent amount away.

Also, we don't know what the interest would be at, regarding a Remaster and CE in general. Add in the fact that the next Gundam show would be right around the corner at that time (assuming they don't take a long break). Add in the fact it will take a year-round to finish, and possibly vying for Sunrise's attention with another Animated work or Gundam at that point.

I'm going with logic.
January 2014 is 13.5 months away, so how does "going with logic" make you claim that a 2014 Destiny remaster would come in "just under" 2 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
that's what the majority did
That would explain a lot.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:59   Link #5396
bio9205
Reborn

Ah, I see. I don't know, Flay was just... Annoying. And she felt like an unnecessary character to me towards the last few episodes, other than raging Kira to go after Le Creuset.

(Too lazy to multi-quote, so I'll just type my replies here.)

Thanks for the info about Waltfield, I understand now.

As for Orb and the Gundams - so Uzumi had no idea Orb was building them for the Earth Alliance before ZAFT stole the Gundams? Wished they had explained that a bit more in the show.

Oh, and one more question - 4) How the hell did Kira end up in the PLANTS after surviving the Aegis explosion? (I was going to ask how he even survived, but I guess phase shift is wondrous, after seeing the Strike Rouge and the Freedom surviving the Justice/Genesis blast.) Are we supposed to assumed that the blind monk who found him so happened to know Lacus, and so happened to know they knew each other? It felt like Lacus planned everything. "Kidnapping" Kira, that is.

Plus I guess I'll wait for the Destiny remaster. It was wildly popular when I was young, my friends and cousins all loved it, but I wasn't into Gundam then, so I'd like to give it a watch. I need more Athrun. I guess I'll try to catch up with UC in the meantime.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:02   Link #5397
monster

Quote:
Oh, and one more question - 4) How the hell did Kira end up in the PLANTS after surviving the Aegis explosion?
The monk brought him.
Quote:
Are we supposed to assumed that the blind monk who found him so happened to know Lacus, and so happened to know they knew each other?
You don't have to assume. The show tells you that it is so.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:07   Link #5398
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, that's right! Show the REAL and ONLY main character of Destiny!

Shinn!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 06:08   Link #5399
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Oh, and one more question - 4) How the hell did Kira end up in the PLANTS after surviving the Aegis explosion? (I was going to ask how he even survived, but I guess phase shift is wondrous, after seeing the Strike Rouge and the Freedom surviving the Justice/Genesis blast.) Are we supposed to assumed that the blind monk who found him so happened to know Lacus, and so happened to know they knew each other? It felt like Lacus planned everything. "Kidnapping" Kira, that is.
There's even additional info from the Astray manga that it's Lowe (Astray Red's pilot) who brought him from Strike's cockpit to Marchio's (the blind monk) cabin.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:14   Link #5400
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes, that's right! Show the REAL and ONLY main character of Destiny!

Shinn!
Wow, for once I can agree.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep