AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 10:04   Link #7021
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, only 20k xp more to unlock the GwPanther. And the MM is giving me horrible matches in general, only managed to get 3 wins over 10 battles. Curiously, in the 7 losses I was the one who did most damage and got more XP (always at the top)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 10:19   Link #7022
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I get annoyed in the matilda now, cuz mm keeps giving me tier 6 games. and i get pissed off cuz i'm doin 55 dmg to a friggin heavy with 700 plus hp... by the time u can get it down to 75 % ur dead.
If you have the best gun, you should have enough penetration power to deal damage to even Tier 6 tanks, even if it's just keeping them tracked or chipping away at their weakspots. The Matilda's slowness should help you here, since you can let your allies engage first, so when you finally do get in the fight they're all distracted and you can choose the pick of the litter.

The Matilda though is borderline OP if it gets into a Tier IV or V match though. I chews though most anything very quicky

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 10:25   Link #7023
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My standing after the 12 win out of 14 game session with Kimi. Mostly tier 7 because of the T-43 grind, though we finally did a tier 8 game in the end.

Hey lookey, I'm getting blue spots now on my records.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:42   Link #7024
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, it took me ages to grind for the Leopard 1, but now I've got it. The grind from the PTA to 1 was extremely difficult due to the PTA's somewhat lackluster performance, and the 216,000 xp requirement didn't help, either.

The problem with playing German tanks is the fact that you need to research most, if not all modules to make it work. The PTA is a mobile coffin if that was not accomplished.

My next goal is the T-62A, and already, the grind for that particular vehicle is significantly easier than its German counterpart. You can comfortably take Russian tanks up to the front and slug it out while performing superbly without ever getting all of the modules. At this rate, I will get the T-54 in no time...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 10:44   Link #7025
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
My standing after the 12 win out of 14 game session with Kimi. Mostly tier 7 because of the T-43 grind, though we finally did a tier 8 game in the end.

Hey lookey, I'm getting blue spots now on my records.
how could you forgot to mention fablkak? he carried us a lots there.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:53   Link #7026
Gravitas Free Zone

Suicide pact? My team went up 12-3 in a Port game and at the very end one of the enemy SPGs TKed the other one and then their T29 drove into the water.

I paired up my Easy Eight with an IS and a KV-1 to approach the western bridge area. Amusingly, the KV-1 did the most damage and had the most kills, followed by me, followed by the IS. Our opponents in the area were a KV-1, ARL 44, Hellcat, and a T1 Heavy.

...but I was the one who got Sniper.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 14:27   Link #7027
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Sayonara RRW o/ o7. prolly the same goes for ES.
Old 2013-06-03, 14:33   Link #7028
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Ah, the wonders of other people's platoons.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
What interface is that? It seems really good. I'd like to use it.
Old 2013-06-03, 15:03   Link #7029
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
What interface is that? It seems really good. I'd like to use it.
It's J1mbo's crosshair mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

The problem with playing German tanks is the fact that you need to research most, if not all modules to make it work.
Well, that's true of many tanks, including several Soviet ones. The Heavy Tree for instance has stuff like the KV-1S, which is absolute crap until you get the 122mm D-2-5T gun and get its best engine.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-06-03, 15:13   Link #7030
Blaat

I find the stock IS gun on the KV-1S pretty decent, much better than the other guns bar the 122mm.

Anyway bought the Crusader, to smite all the infidels and retake the holy lands. Feels like an oversized, nowhere near as agile Covenanter so far. Stock gun is awful for tier 5, luckily I only need to research the tracks, turret and second engine and then I can start researching the dictator.

I'm also starting to fall in love with the T-34-1, it's so much fun to drive up next to an heavy tank hug their sides slowly killing them while they can't do anything about it.
Old 2013-06-03, 15:30   Link #7031
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Yes. I got rid of that giant bullseye made of glass. Good riddance. I used the credits to buy this:

And the results of my first battle in it were marvelous:

Images
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:36   Link #7032
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had a few games with Blaat last night with a few disappointing loses but a couple of good matches especially this match in the T-25's where we managed to rip victory from the jaws of defeat after the enemy stormed down the right side of the map and clearing out all those defending leaving me and blaat to backtrack across the map and not only reset the cap but lead the charge back across the map to victory and claimed our first brother in arms medal ! =]

Images

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 16:07   Link #7033
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, that's true of many tanks, including several Soviet ones. The Heavy Tree for instance has stuff like the KV-1S, which is absolute crap until you get the 122mm D-2-5T gun and get its best engine.
In my experience, after completing both Soviet & German Heavy & Medium lines, I have found out, that Soviet tanks perform quite well without everything researched. You can essentially research the vital modules and level to the next one without worrying too much about performance as opposed to German tanks, which are nothing more than walking coffins if you don't get everything done.

Of course, this came from the current game mechanics where WoT absolutely insists German tanks (save for a few) perform a specific role (despite not being able to perform such role in all of the maps) whereas you can do pretty much just about anything with Russian tanks.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 16:07   Link #7034
Blaat

My perspective of the above mentioned match.
Old 2013-06-03, 17:50   Link #7035
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
In my experience, after completing both Soviet & German Heavy & Medium lines, I have found out, that Soviet tanks perform quite well without everything researched. You can essentially research the vital modules and level to the next one without worrying too much about performance as opposed to German tanks, which are nothing more than walking coffins if you don't get everything done.
This is still quite the generalist statement though, since I've also played some German tanks that perform well even without researching everything. This is especially true now of some tanks that've gotten buffs, like the VK36.01, which can now Konisch everything to death, so you don't need to research its top guns or even the top turret to be effective. And the Tiger II I found performs well even in its stock configuration (though obviously I need to get the engine upgrade from the Tiger).

On the other hand, my experience with tanks like the KV series (have the 1,2 and 1S) gave me the experience of having incredibly difficult grinds to get them in optimal configuration, especially the KV-1S. I had to use gold rounds on its 122mm derp gun to even have a good game where I had to lose money to get exp faster, and sometimes that didn't quite work too well. And the 85mm wasn't quite the gun I thought it'd be... I'm dreading its use once I get the IS

I kinda chalk our differences in perception to playstyle, since after playing 4 different Heavy lines I really don't see the Soviet tanks as being that much special. The grass is green on all sides to me.

Old 2013-06-03, 18:52   Link #7036
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kimi: I wasn't able to get his name on my friend list, so obviously I couldn't include it on my post. ^^; Thought it was sure an experience to play with a 66%-player, despite the fact that he played on heavy tanks like the T29, and KV-5. Though that said, I think that was my best run on the Comet ever (Good efficiency now), though I didn't do too shabby on the AT-7, though it's REALLY hard to keep up with the T-43 with the latter.
Old 2013-06-03, 19:02   Link #7037
Gravitas Free Zone

Going to try focusing on the Tiger II, IS-3, IndienPanzer, Pershing, T-44 and M103. I may go mad.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 19:03   Link #7038
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Akarin and Touma would make a good pairing, invisibility plus negate all supernaturals, that would be frigging sweet and even better if I had similar ability on my tanks, where I came negate arty and be harder to spot unless I'm 100 meters away.

Meh you will will end up mad, but not mad like me grinding for T62A from the T34-85.

The IS was the biggest disappointment for me, the last gun is the same gun that the IS 6 uses. KV 2 was a disappointment as well, the Matilda is getting annoying, Lee is a tank were I still have fun in sometimes... then my lower tiers sux ..... The Lowe sux, the t32 I'm having difficulties in cuz I get tier 10s.

Most of my games now are at least 1 or 2 tiers above my tier... rarely I get my own tier games.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-06-03 at 19:15.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:29   Link #7039
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
You haven't gone mad until you've played at least 500 matches in a T95 (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 20:33   Link #7040
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol mow mow, well he's got a pt, i would be mad after the 50th one, meh if i do get the E3, i'll just free xp it since i already have T28 unlocked, i can just skip the T95 all together.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks