AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 21:53   Link #221
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
1 - Didn't he apeared somewhere after Daihasei? I don't think they will even get to Daihasei arc in this season.
With canonical appearances, I don't recall Touma ever going to a violin recital either. Seeing how the same staff is doing R2, there's a good chance of 'leniency' towards source material for better or worse. And if that's the case, having Hamazura randomly showing up drinking a coke would be a good tease for Index S3, I'd think.

Quote:
2 - I second that, there will definitely have to be new awesome bgms.
Well, even if say that, I really do hope this [mod edit: certain track; removed link to illegal stream] appears again. It's too goddamn iconic. ( sidenote: Reading chapter 38 with that track playing, the music fits surprisingly well. It's as if the flow of events in that chapter was built around the song. Coincidence? Possibly. )

Quote:
3 - Are 4komas even canon?
Does that even matter?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-12 at 23:34. Reason: Do not link to illegal music streams, or scanlations of licensed works
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 21:59   Link #222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
With canonical appearances, I don't recall Touma ever going to a violin recital either. Seeing how the same staff is doing R2, there's a good chance of 'leniency' towards source material for better or worse. And if that's the case, having Hamazura randomly showing up drinking a coke would be a good tease for Index S3, I'd think.
Kamachi likes his irony- I would imagine Hamazura making a cameo after the sister arc and when the word got out that Accelerator was defeated, saying something like "Don't be stupid! There's no way in Hell a Level 0 can defeat a Level 5!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 22:29   Link #223
Miraluka
Banned

I don't have much faith on Hamazura's cameo, they didn't with Styl afterall and that was from the manga.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 22:34   Link #224
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

^It's a 'wishlist' for reason. While being things that I 'want', it's not like I fully expect it to happen. Just saying it'd be cool, eh?
Old 2012-11-12, 20:46   Link #225
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Well, even if say that, I really do hope this [mod edit: certain track; removed link to illegal stream] appears again. It's too goddamn iconic. ( sidenote: Reading chapter 38 with that track playing, the music fits surprisingly well. It's as if the flow of events in that chapter was built around the song. Coincidence? Possibly. )
The last time I wasn't happy with them using that track at all is when it's featuring a character that is not Kamijou Touma.

They did that on the Railgun OVA (the "I feel like I'm being watched" one) and cue the song playing... with Kuroko teleporting through the skies. And that's on the first few seconds of said OVA.

Yeah, I know I'm starting to sound like a very... unhappy person. Yup.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-12 at 23:37. Reason: edited quote to remove links
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 21:11   Link #226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be honest, the only fighting song I like was Jellyfish

Oh what would I give to have Horizon's ost for this franchise... Well not all of it but at least the fighting tracks.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:35   Link #227
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

So I was told that they plan on focusing a bit more of the cuteness of the girls than the dark shit in the sisters arc. Is this true or am I being trolled?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 21:38   Link #228
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
So I was told that they plan on focusing a bit more of the cuteness of the girls than the dark shit in the sisters arc. Is this true or am I being trolled?
they are trying to balance it out. Sister arc is unavoidable arc to begin with. So they can't help but animate it.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:42   Link #229
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Ugh, I hate cute. At least in ToAru. Like I said on /a/, "I don't know whether to rage or not. While it's good that they want to make it good adding cuteness in one of the arcs known for how dark it is is kind of frustrating. I am thinking he means in the parts that don't include people being splattered by trains."
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 21:49   Link #230
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
The problem is, we don't have the likes of Uro...."butcher" Gen to write for it.

But then again, I don't really want that guy have any interest in writing for anything Railgun/Index related whatsoever (Ryougo Narita is another story, perhaps ). Probably a "I'll-write-what-I-want" mode Kamachi would help, but I doubt that.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 21:53   Link #231
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if some of you are being Ichika-level dense or just ignorant, but I'll repeat myself again- There is no reason why the Sister Arc and whatever SOL they have planned can't be two separate things.
Old 2012-11-12, 21:55   Link #232
Destined_Fate

Well, Railgun has a fanbase that expects certain things. If they didn't do cute they could alienate viewers. At least we're getting the sisters arc so it'll give us more bad ass Mikoto and some more Touma appearances since he had very little in S1. Besides, Mikoto being depressed/angry for a long period of time just doesn't suit her. Especially not with great friends that she has.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 22:15   Link #233
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
they are trying to balance it out. Sister arc is unavoidable arc to begin with. So they can't help but animate it.
The decision came from the top (producer Nakayama of Warner Bros.), so I'm not sure why some are implying that there's a creative preference for cuteness. The whole point is that two camps need to be pleased: manga fans, as well as those who liked the first season for its fresh take on the material.

It isn't as if they're grudgingly including the arc (the same producer is in charge of Index and Shana), while wishing that they could make a show that's only about cuteness.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 22:38   Link #234
Sumeragi
Banned

When was the anime ever only about moe and cuteness?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:01   Link #235
judasmartel
*Author

I don't think R1 wasn't all about moe and cuteness, there were fight scenes against the likes of Graviton, Big Spider, and Telestina after all.

However, I don't see how are they going to add moe/cute elements in such a dark arc like the Sisters Arc without making it ridiculous.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:03   Link #236
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be honest, the only fighting song I like was Jellyfish

Oh what would I give to have Horizon's ost for this franchise... Well not all of it but at least the fighting tracks.
Maj Kari no Ou from the first season and the one used when Touma punched Agnese were cool too but as BGM, by song, yeah, Jellyfish beats them all.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:26   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
However, I don't see how are they going to add moe/cute elements in such a dark arc like the Sisters Arc without making it ridiculous.
You mean like having a few filler episodes BEFORE the start of the Sister Arc?

(And before any of you bring up the timeline, they could always start at an earlier date.)
Old 2012-11-12, 23:28   Link #238
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I don't think R1 wasn't all about moe and cuteness, there were fight scenes against the likes of Graviton, Big Spider, and Telestina after all.

Simple, Mikoto will pretend to be normal around her friends and all the moe and cuteness will just be there. While at night Mikoto will go out, don a mask, and do what must be done as the fearsome BatRailgun!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:51   Link #239
Sumeragi
Banned

People..... Remember how Mikoto first met Misaka 9982? The beginning events of August 15 is in itself full of moe.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 04:46   Link #240
desrtsku
Nympholept

Didn't that happen the next day?!

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel