AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-01-11, 11:26   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Fizix
Don't take shipping seriously. And yes, anyone can ship anyone regardless of canon lore. That's why it's called 'crack pairing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I wonder how would have been if Othinus was male in loincloths.
Nothing would have changed. Homo pairings are normal in this day and age.

...Boy, I sure hope this doesn't count as shipping talks which in any case let this be the last post on this matter.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 11:33   Link #42
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Fizix
Don't take shipping seriously. And yes, anyone can ship anyone.

...Boy, I sure hope this doesn't count as shipping talks which in any case let this be the last post on this matter.
No I don't take it seriously, and I know people *can* - my point was LevelSeven mentioned the financial importance of shippers and I wondered if they would matter outside of the main characters who are the only ones who persist and develop throughout the greater plot. I meant like, does anyone ship outside of the obvious in any number significant enough for Kamachi to even care?

And I doubt this counts as shipping talk, it was a genuine point about shippers affecting the series decisions/designs.

Also I assume that rule means sitting there going "zOMG Touma x Index iz so canon" ... "No index is a loli, Mikoto for the win" and what-not.

If that assumption is wrong, my apologies for giving my 2 cents. I am being careful after flaunting the rules thus far :-/
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 11:48   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just to answer your question.

Spoiler for off topic:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-01-11 at 11:59.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 12:24   Link #44
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Does that really even matter?
i should have used smileys, the last part was more of a joke
but the second sentence was what i really wanted to say, i think fans of such storys belong to the same group as bleach, one piece, naruto etc.
i think fans in general like skinny/moe-ones more than "chubby" ones, which will only be positiv for the product...
if they use "chubby" ones without their "chubby"-ness having any real plot relevance (that means that it wouldnt matter for the plot if the girl was skinny or fat) i think that it could cause (with a higher chance) a few fans not to buy a LN/manga, and like any other product, if they can use something that could increase the numbers even by a small amount without any downsides, whhy not using it?
Quote:
So much wasted potential, but I doubt it will happen.
this...
Quote:
And what has happened to Necessarius, Styil, Tsuchimikado and Kanzaki? They have pretty much vanished from the plot entirely.
tsuchimikado is hiding and styil and kanzaki got their screentimes in NT8/NT10...
i think we shouldnt expect more screentime for side chars :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 12:27   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
@Fizix
Don't take shipping seriously. And yes, anyone can ship anyone regardless of canon lore. That's why it's called 'crack pairing'.

Nah, I mean regarding empathy from the public. IMHO, people acepted Othinus because of Touma's view.

OT:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 12:46   Link #46
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
NT07 actually...unless you count the Muspell.

That being said, it would be very interesting to see some interaction between Touma and ITEM. I have my doubts that we will see that in NT12, though.
this

the time for a "peaceful interaction" between touma and item was at the start of nt(wasted opportunity), now with the magic god running wild(being hunted) the possibilities for important/funny interactions are minimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
As ok as I am with some "chubby" (or fluffy) females or female appearing, it would be kind of difficult to separate the A Certain series from it's "animeisms". Hey, you never know, there could be one in the works.
i want a fluffy magic god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Technically he said "the world is not so weak that it needs to be saved by a bastard like you.". So what Touma meant was people who think they got the perfect solution should get off their high horses.
-_-
yeah...
i agree that a perfect solution don't exists ..but...adding more ideas to the "failed plan" would have been damn great...

and "off of their hight horse" phrase is a tricky phrase for any person...and, especially for touma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I wonder how would have been if Othinus was male in loincloths.
blasphemy!

but, a male othinus reception would have been very different ....

..and the discussion about nt9-10 covers too
-------------------
marketing discussion ?!..$v$

yes, good-looking females help to sell more "add here the product"

Spoiler for .:

Quote:
So much wasted potential, but I doubt it will happen.
this.. +1
Old 2015-01-11, 13:38   Link #47
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Just to answer your question.

Spoiler for off topic:
I see, in that case I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i should have used smileys, the last part was more of a joke
but the second sentence was what i really wanted to say, i think fans of such storys belong to the same group as bleach, one piece, naruto etc.
i think fans in general like skinny/moe-ones more than "chubby" ones, which will only be positiv for the product...
if they use "chubby" ones without their "chubby"-ness having any real plot relevance (that means that it wouldnt matter for the plot if the girl was skinny or fat) i think that it could cause (with a higher chance) a few fans not to buy a LN/manga, and like any other product, if they can use something that could increase the numbers even by a small amount without any downsides, whhy not using it?
OK, I see. I think its a shame though that characters can't be more varied. Its a bit sad that they feel that characters all have to be attractive.

Quote:
tsuchimikado is hiding and styil and kanzaki got their screentimes in NT8/NT10...
i think we shouldnt expect more screentime for side chars :/
Pretty much written out then, at least for now.

Also, what's happened to #10032? We've barely seen her in New Testament either, I miss her third person chatter

@Dazo
But when anime changes it has a much higher risk of being fan serviced into trash than other mediums.

Like Railgun season 1... Butter up the lead, weird up her best friend, have "a day in the life of" with added inappropriateness and remove the stuff that makes toaru good. /minirant

Last edited by Fizix; 2015-01-11 at 13:53.
Old 2015-01-11, 21:23   Link #48
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Hmm... Well I was like... YAY real #6 and then I was like... we got trolled again.

Oh well... ~

This seems fun. I'm excited for this one. Othinus -> More Magic Gods. I'm game.

Not to mention, we get Touma and Hamazura, and the new arc is called the Magic God Arc.

My only concern about that... is that Kamachi has normally stated that he doesn't like to write 3 book long arcs... and he only just finished a one-off solo book, so I'm still expecting this arc to unfortunately be max two volumes. Though I hope I'm wrong, and that's the name for the larger encompassing arc for the smaller arcs that are happening from NT 12 on like the Magic God Othinus arc was the encompassing arc for everything through NT 10.

I'm hype for this, but I'm going to try not to think about it too much until the time draws nearer.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 21:41   Link #49
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Pretty sure Kamachi has never stated his dislike or like for that. In recent, he only said that the MGO Arc was an irregular/rare 3 part arc. GREMLIN saga as a whole was much longer than that, too.

Quote:
We’ve finally reached the tenth volume since the New Testament label was added. As mentioned in the previous volume’s afterword, this had the highly irregular three-part structure
Quote:
Ideally, every incident would end in a single volume and the only exception would be the occasional two-parter, but here we are at the middle of a three-parter.
So we can't conclude much regarding it, though, you're right it may be a 2 part because of what he says. He prefers episodic stories.

I'm personally hoping we're going back to the 380+ page volumes.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 22:13   Link #50
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
I see, in that case I agree.

OK, I see. I think its a shame though that characters can't be more varied. Its a bit sad that they feel that characters all have to be attractive.

Pretty much written out then, at least for now.

Also, what's happened to #10032? We've barely seen her in New Testament either, I miss her third person chatter

@Dazo
But when anime changes it has a much higher risk of being fan serviced into trash than other mediums.

Like Railgun season 1... Butter up the lead, weird up her best friend, have "a day in the life of" with added inappropriateness and remove the stuff that makes toaru good. /minirant

Is himegami Aisa considered attractive or plain, by anime and WN standards?, do you consider Fraulein attractive pre-loli?

I never felt Agnese was either, nor her subordinates.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 22:56   Link #51
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Though I hope I'm wrong, and that's the name for the larger encompassing arc for the smaller arcs that are happening from NT 12 on like the Magic God Othinus arc was the encompassing arc for everything through NT 10.
Gremlin Saga. Magic God Othinus arc was said three parters.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 23:41   Link #52
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Gremlin Saga. Magic God Othinus arc was said three parters.
Awww darn. Well, either way, if it entertains me it's worth it... though to be fair... Magic Gods could still just appear and the arc would be called something like a war arc... so I guess it isn't really a problem if I think about it deeper.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-01-12, 13:20   Link #53
Pablete
Banned

It's over for Othinus the action figure.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:31   Link #54
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
It's over for Othinus the action figure.
Lol, she's probably going to be needed to give advice.

Old 2015-01-12, 13:41   Link #55
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol, she's probably going to be needed to give advice.
Hopefully it will be like that and not like in Indexs case :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:50   Link #56
Pablete
Banned

I think her shrinking is a big loud notice sign.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 14:20   Link #57
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
I think her shrinking is a big loud notice sign.
What of exactly? That there will be significance to her or that she will have limited significance? I think it could go either way, I'm leaning towards her being of limited significance, popping up and doing something useful here and there.

Or maybe that's the way it goes with magic gods? They shrink them all and distribute them as keychains amongst the MC's!

this is a joke, just so we all know and don't start debating over it.
Old 2015-01-12, 14:33   Link #58
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
Is himegami Aisa considered attractive or plain, by anime and WN standards?, do you consider Fraulein attractive pre-loli?

I never felt Agnese was either, nor her subordinates.
Hmm Himegami, don't know. Fräulein... I'm not sure what she even looks like and "pre-loli"??? She is a woman isn't she? Kid characters as a whole I excempt as they are just meant to be cute and endearing.
Old 2015-01-12, 15:23   Link #59
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please ensure the conversation is directly relevant and on-topic to the thread in question, and not going off on random irrelevant tangents. In other words, this thread is to talk what you expect will happen in NT Volume 12, not random Index "what-if" chit-chat.

Some of the the tangents so far have been tenuous at best. "Is so-and-so considered attractive?" or "What would happen if this character were a different gender?" are purely random questions that have nothing to do with anything. I would like to remind everyone that there is also a social group that can be used for more random tangents and topics.
Old 2015-01-12, 15:49   Link #60
Fizix
Nitpicking

I don't want to overstep the line but, I didn't think the thread was *that* bad, everyone who has been messing around (and I know I'm a culprit) have reigned it in.

If more general or random questions or discussions arent allowed or tongue in cheek comments arent allowed in the thread and you want it to be strict, wouldn't a "general index discussion" thread be a good idea?