AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-28, 15:00   Link #21
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy
also they would have to salvage the sheeps head from the old going marry!
Old 2004-05-30, 14:14   Link #22
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy
also they would have to salvage the sheeps head from the old going marry!
the sheep head is the most important aspect of that ship
Old 2004-05-30, 14:28   Link #23
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Ero-sannin, thats so true . Not only does it represent the captains favorite seat, I think it brings the whole Going Merry together lol. You just cant imagine powerful pirates sailing on that.... then SUPRISE!
Old 2004-06-04, 05:26   Link #24
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Lol ya, that sheep's head is like some sort of pirate psychological warfare

'NANYYY???' says the surprised pirate at luffy's ship, then makes fun of em and then oo boy... they should make an episode like that
Old 2004-06-04, 16:45   Link #25
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually, it's Nani (pronounced "nah-knee") to be correct. But yeah, like in movie 4 they came up to the straw hats and thought they were pushovers, then opps. Ship got taken out. With the help of some monsters of course, but still taken out.

Ya know, now that I think about it, the marines were all stressed over the pirates race and all that, but I don't see why they should be. Dude, 99% of the pirates that enter, never make it back alive, or if they do, they've lost everything and have to start from scratch. But most die. So I would think that if the marines were smart, they'd offer a lot more races. It would weed out the pirates a lot faster.
Old 2004-07-24, 21:20   Link #26
Namisan
The Violet Wind

I read in one of the MANGA RAWS that the Going Merry has been broken up so many times its beyond repair. So I geuss they'll need a new ride.
Old 2004-07-24, 22:41   Link #27
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yup. Very likely true at this point. Especially since that poor ship has had the living cr** beat out of it so many times it's disgusting. Poor ship. But then again when you're sailing around with 7 extremely powerful people, then yeah, you're going to beat your ship up perty good. Especially if you get into lots of fights with the marines and a variety of baddies.
Old 2004-08-13, 13:29   Link #28
Gold_D_Roger
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namisan
I read in one of the MANGA RAWS that the Going Merry has been broken up so many times its beyond repair. So I geuss they'll need a new ride.
Ya that's true, in Chapter 34 they're told that the ship's beyond repair, but i'm not sure what's going to happen

Spoiler:
They're also looking for an 8th member to the crew, to repair the ships
Old 2004-08-13, 16:21   Link #29
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Chapter 34?? Don't you mean 320? Well, either way, I find this very interesting that something I predicted (well, in a way I did) way back months ago actually did come true. hehe. Kind of interestingly ironic.
Old 2004-08-13, 19:19   Link #30
Gold_D_Roger
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Chapter 34?? Don't you mean 320? Well, either way, I find this very interesting that something I predicted (well, in a way I did) way back months ago actually did come true. hehe. Kind of interestingly ironic.
As in the manga Chapter 34 the one that came on august 4th in japan
Old 2004-08-13, 20:45   Link #31
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, that was acutally chapter 332 if memory serves me right. (*checks source*) Yeah, 332. Chapter 34 came out in like 1999 dude. At that point luffy was in progress of aquiring Zoro for his crew.
Old 2004-08-14, 04:07   Link #32
hooliganj
Team Player

I think he means Volume 34, chapter whatever's in there.

Quote:
Yup. Very likely true at this point. Especially since that poor ship has had the living cr** beat out of it so many times it's disgusting. Poor ship. But then again when you're sailing around with 7 extremely powerful people, then yeah, you're going to beat your ship up perty good. Especially if you get into lots of fights with the marines and a variety of baddies.
And each other. I can't even count how many times they've broken parts of the ship while duking it out over table scraps or what not. If they do have to scuttle the poor thing you can count on a touching farewell scene, prominantly featuring Usopp, but more than likely I think it's a clue that all the predictions about a genius shipwright are about to come true. The Going Merry is too iconic to be disposed of so easily.
Old 2004-08-14, 09:08   Link #33
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

So what you're saying is someone will come up with some way to actually save the going merry? Ok, then if the GM stays around, who's gonna leave? Because if GM stays, Oda's prediction will not have been fulfilled. Personally, I'd rather loose GM than any of the other crew.

Then again, if they totally rebuilt the GM from the ground up using newer designs and better wood, then they could in spirit fullfill Oda's prediction without loosing anyone.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:37   Link #34
Gold_D_Roger
Manga Addict

O I meant volume 34, as in the book itself. And if you're talking about when that long nosed dude (that everyone thinks is ussop) tells the straw hat crew that the ship's beyond repair, that would be chapter 327

Last edited by Gold_D_Roger; 2004-08-14 at 20:30.
Old 2004-08-14, 20:58   Link #35
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

^^

You do know that its Gol D. Roger, which then people started calling him Gold Roger

And lets face it guys... the GM is gone.
Old 2004-08-14, 21:47   Link #36
Aero

I think they will replace it. Coz luppy said that they are going to replace it and thats his decision and he wont change it. I believe that theres gonna be an inccident that will happen to the going merry and that will make the transition a little bit easier *this is just a guess, hahaha*
Old 2004-08-15, 09:35   Link #37
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

That's very likely actually. Cause if Ussop won't let go of it, having the ship totally wiped out would actually make for the easiest transition. I can just see luffy. "Dude, Ussop, the GM just got turned into toothpics! Cool!!" *ussop's jaw hits the ground* "So, what kind of new ship do you want?" *ussop continues to stare*luffy slaps him* "Ussop! Wake up! We're going to get a new ship."
Old 2004-08-15, 22:12   Link #38
Gold_D_Roger
Manga Addict

I still can't imagine Ussop leaving the crew though, even if kaku has the long nose and all I don't think oda would replace ussop with kaku. Besides he talks like an old dude....that's not cool lol
Speaking of kaku speaking like an old guy, in the translations do they carry that over? Kaku speaks like an old dude would in Japan adding the (jya) and (washi) and stuff. I might be wrong but I don't think that the translations didn't put that into consideration when they were translating
Old 2006-02-04, 18:41   Link #39
aznxjapboiz

i think theyre just going to find the the head of merry and attach to along with there new ship so it could always remind the of merry
Old 2006-02-04, 20:17   Link #40
Chuixupu
Shikachu

No, that would be kind of morbid. That would be like seeing your friend's head mounted on the wall.

This thread is old...
Closed Thread