Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 04:46   Link #1
Dokuganryu
motorcycle boy

Send a message via MSN to Dokuganryu
Dokuganryu's Thread of Inadequacy

yo.

I figured since my last thread is now gone I’d put this stuff up again. I also have a few other things I wanna put up, so I’ll just put em all up in this thread (but it'll take a few days cause my scanner is m.i.a.)

This Rutherford, a character I've been messing around with for like 8 months, he's gone through a huge evolution, but here he is in a variety of poses in what is pretty much his final form.
Spoiler:

I bought a drawing tablet last weekend and had a mess around with it, and I came up with this. I still have little to no idea what I'm doing on Photoshop and I am still getting used to the tablet.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I’ll have some more stuff up shortly (including a two page comic involving Rutherford)

later
Dokuganryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 17:19   Link #2
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Hey man, cool char. you got there. Very original indeed!

You seem to have the anatomy down pretty good. Just have to practice too make it perfect
And I like the different poses you added in the first sketch. Although he seems to enjoy his smokes. He's got a cig in every shot

As for the 2nd pic. It definately doesn't look too bad for someone that just got a tablet. The shading could be a bit darker to help seperate it from the base colours. Other than that, you're off to a good start. Some good tablet tips I found is that you should resist the urge to keep it in your lap while drawing/colouring. I did this at first and while much more comfortable, it isn't very effecient. Best is to keep it on your desk parrallel to your monitor. Also make sure to take advantage of your tablet's pressure sensitivity. Once again, at first I thought I wouldn't need it...turns out it's quite useful.

Btw, if you want, this is an old (but excellent) tutourial on how to colour with photoshop. Curtousy of Jullie Dillon (learned a lot thanks to her):

http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/%7ejapanim...al/cgmain.html

Anyways, looking forward to more from ya.
Old 2005-12-20, 07:47   Link #3
sarrah
tikki

ur back! lol..wana see development in ur charcter dude! dif poses and angles!
sarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 12:27   Link #4
Dokuganryu
motorcycle boy

Kiva128 good looking on the tips and tutorial

i think i'm gonna try enter rutherford as a void fighter while i try think of up some stories, so i did this rough version of my 2page intro entry to void (un-inked, just pencils with photophop) just to help my self work-out how to go about the whole thing

page 1
Spoiler:

page 2
Spoiler:

(note - i'm proud that was able to reference both the simpsons and the 'its so bad it's good' street figher live action film in this page. also i really need ideas about the very top left and right frames on this page, i really done like them, so any ideas how it could be better done would be sweet).
Old 2005-12-24, 14:55   Link #5
sarrah
tikki

lol cool! actual manga..the font is too small!!!!!
u should change font to suit dif moods n stuff, but the art is cool...maybe bigger frames....
cool!
reminds me of d gray man...ahve u read it?
Old 2005-12-24, 18:30   Link #6
Dokuganryu
motorcycle boy

^ nope don't know d gray man, who is it by?
i agree about the fonts stuff, the original pic was bigger but i think photobucket audo resizes stuff that is too large.

a further note (i thought this should be sorta obvious but if its not): vampire = kiddie fiddler/paedophile, not the blood sucking kind.
Old 2005-12-25, 07:53   Link #7
sarrah
tikki

the bunny with the head reminded of Dgray man i forgot the name of the m,angaka....u can ge it from stoptazmo.com...its a gothic sorta manga
trust me its my fav, up there with naruto and bleach!!!! its the best near the 50's chapters. check it out
anways,,,yeh dont u hate it whe its resized?

oh nice twist not the blook sucking kind...oh gona be a dark manga!