AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-09-19, 07:39   Link #5801
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I think an OVA about Bara could be interesting, if done well. There is a lot about her that we don't really know or understand. Even if it was something silly like the "Barasuishou Makeover Project" it would still be worth my time.

Whoever said something about RM being $80 per episode, they are actually around $40 per DVDs which contain two episodes. Nonetheless, that's still expensive.

Rozen is still a mystery. His goal is obviously Alice, but some fans (myself included) think he has finally began to soften up by the end of S2. Example: when he fixed Gin at the beginning of S2, her imperfection was left. However, after the false Alice Game, he gave her a torso (or at least its implied that he did). I think he may bring Hina and Sou back. Remember that in the manga Hina was killed so Kirakishou would have a physical body, not because she broke her father's rules. Sou-chan also died for her master rather than her father, so bringing her back (even if it meant she would be defeated in the Alice Game) makes sense.

Hina may just be switched with Kira and live on in n-Fields and dreams.
Old 2006-09-19, 08:02   Link #5802
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines
I think he may bring Hina and Sou back. Remember that in the manga Hina was killed so Kirakishou would have a physical body, not because she broke her father's rules. Sou-chan also died for her master rather than her father, so bringing her back (even if it meant she would be defeated in the Alice Game) makes sense.
Yes but that's the manga's plot.
The anime's one is very, very different. I think that we should consider Rozen Maiden manga and Rozen Maiden anime like 2 different stories based on the same characters and universe... but melting the 2 together...

Last edited by Blablabla; 2006-09-19 at 10:46.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 09:28   Link #5803
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
It's fun to try and correlate things between the two, especially when determining events which have not happened or haven't been expanded on.

Choki, I believe its just titled as Rozen Maiden, published by Jade Dynasty. Link.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but according to Wikipedia, the Ouverture OP is titled Baragoku Otome (薔薇獄乙女 Rose Jail Maiden).
Old 2006-09-19, 10:37   Link #5804
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Yes but that's the manga's plot.
The anime's one is very, very different. I think that we should consider Rozen Maiden manga and Rozen Maiden anime like 2 different stories based on the same characters and universe and melting the 2 together...
Thats a very good point, and one I totally support you on.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 11:07   Link #5805
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
@Mince - Well I think a OAV about Bara would first cover Enju and how he became the way he did. How he created created Bara and the reasons why (maybe even cover her failed sisters). Then we could see how despite Enju's wishes the bastard bunny has his way with her perveriting her into the personalityless deviant she is now, etc etc.
imo i really cnt care about enju...hes dead and buried with bara...so its pretty pointless to have an ova about him plus his past doesnt excite me at all

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 13:21   Link #5806
Lost

Enju would be interesting indeed; but for me, it would not relate much to Rozen Maiden. It sounds alot like a history of Enju; and no point in giving us his history if he isn't going to occur in the present/future again. Same with Bara. Assuming their chapter is a permanently closed one (which it should be imo), both arent... sustainable characters?

Whereas with Gin or any of the other real Rozen Maidens, I am interested in their beginnings/histories because that will have a bearing on, and be reflected in, what they do in the near future, assuming an S3. Or if it was more concerning Laplace and his role however, with Bara/Enju as mere pawns, then maybe it'll be beneficial.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 21:35   Link #5807
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 21:56   Link #5808
Mamori86

Send a message via Yahoo to Mamori86
i was under the impression that Hina and Sou weren't revived becuase they both lost legitimate alice game battles (Hina to Shinku, Sou to Suigintou).
Mamori86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 23:01   Link #5809
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamori86
i was under the impression that Hina and Sou weren't revived becuase they both lost legitimate alice game battles (Hina to Shinku, Sou to Suigintou).
It's never explained in the anime why they weren't brought back to life. We can only assume that the reason Sou and Hina aren't alive is the fact they both fought a legitimate Alice Game against real Rozen Maidens.
Old 2006-09-20, 02:48   Link #5810
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

that is very strange, you know, when Shinku say to Jun that there is another way of become in Alice, if Rozen say that to Shinku, why him decide that Hina and Sou dont come back to life if he dont wanna that her daughters fight more? i dont know, is some contradictory.
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 04:36   Link #5811
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN
that is very strange, you know, when Shinku say to Jun that there is another way of become in Alice, if Rozen say that to Shinku, why him decide that Hina and Sou dont come back to life if he dont wanna that her daughters fight more? i dont know, is some contradictory.
Perhaps Rozen is a jerk, or he simply hates Sou and Hina.

Maybe he couldn't bring them back because the bastard bunny had Sou's and Hina's Rosa Mysticae.
Old 2006-09-20, 04:45   Link #5812
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Enju would be interesting indeed; but for me, it would not relate much to Rozen Maiden. It sounds alot like a history of Enju; and no point in giving us his history if he isn't going to occur in the present/future again. Same with Bara. Assuming their chapter is a permanently closed one (which it should be imo), both arent... sustainable characters?

Whereas with Gin or any of the other real Rozen Maidens, I am interested in their beginnings/histories because that will have a bearing on, and be reflected in, what they do in the near future, assuming an S3. Or if it was more concerning Laplace and his role however, with Bara/Enju as mere pawns, then maybe it'll be beneficial.
The whole RM universe interests me

All the main characters I have found memorable and interesting (and would like to know more about them). I even still chuckle at the thought of poor Nori's suitor. Even through RM is only 12 epis per season, it just feels so much bigger, because of the thought and quality squeezed into it. If anyone wishes to argue against this point as my fan-ism then I would like to counter it with the huge following and the countless discussions we have had on this forum.

Also what ever happens to Enju and Bara in the future, their actions have had an profound effect on the maidens which they will carry on into the future. So because of this to understand why they acted the way they did carries a great significance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
Perhaps Rozen is a jerk, or he simply hates Sou and Hina.

Maybe he couldn't bring them back because the bastard bunny had Sou's and Hina's Rosa Mysticae.
My opinion it is either that (BB bastardness) or because their bodies were not in the n-field at the time...
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 08:23   Link #5813
Lost

Came across Hikari no Rasenritsu in my playlist. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Kept imagining a depressed Suiseiseki all the way thru, for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
Even through RM is only 12 epis per season, it just feels so much bigger, because of the thought and quality squeezed into it.
I don't disagree. Each season of Rozen Maiden felt much longer than the 12 episode length it was.

Quote:
Also what ever happens to Enju and Bara in the future, their actions have had an profound effect on the maidens which they will carry on into the future. So because of this to understand why they acted the way they did carries a great significance.
Perhaps, perhaps.

RM-FAN; it isn't impossible for those "discrepancies" to exist with each other. Rozen can decide not to let Sou and Hina come back, and can at the same time decide not to let his daughters fight more.

Realistically There isnt anything in the Anime to solidly indicate that he wants to bring both of them back but can't. As Suiseiseki said earlier, its not revealed; all these are really assumptions made, in my case, by a fanboy who wants them to come back.

As I remember posting some time ago, the above possibility that Rozen does not want to bring both back scares me, because that means Rozen is a warped heartless by-the-book person.

Side-trak: But even then, RM-FAN, Rozen saying that there is another way doesnt mean they won't fight more. Gin, and Kira. Remember their names..

@Suiseiseki: Was that a scan? It's hawt; thanks much.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 11:03   Link #5814
Jade Stern
.:. Cutest Doll .:.

Send a message via MSN to Jade Stern
Some cute things ^-^ ~desu!

Jade Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 11:08   Link #5815
Jade Stern
.:. Cutest Doll .:.

Send a message via MSN to Jade Stern
Woaa!! Two of my favies Gin-sama scans ^^

Jade Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 11:46   Link #5816
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Stern
Vanilla H desu~? lol. That's truly an original idea to photoshop. The two have nothing in common. Vanilla's far cooler than Suiseiseki ^^d.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 12:37   Link #5817
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Stern
Some cute things ^-^ ~desu!

ouch...gin's eyes pierced right through me...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 19:01   Link #5818
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
@Suiseiseki: Was that a scan? It's hawt; thanks much.
It was a scan.

It's a WTF pic:
Old 2006-09-20, 20:04   Link #5819
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I have absolutely no idea why, and it may slightly be off-topic, but the song "Higeki no MARIONETTO" (which translates to "Tragic Marionette" or "Marionette's Tragedy") from the game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness reminds me of either Suiseiseki (because one part of the song goes "endingu desu~" XD), Hina, Souseiseki, or Gin.

And that was my random input for the day. But I really do think if I could translate the song, or have it translated, it probably would sound relevant to Gin or Souseiseki. It's very sad though, from its melody and a couple of the lines I can figure out...
Old 2006-09-20, 20:17   Link #5820
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Yep, Bara pretty much started and ended with Traumend.
Or did she have to fight the Rozen Game first?
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural