AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 04:20   Link #5001
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
For some reason i feel Asuka is just a rebound girl for now
I don't think that "Rebound Girl" is the right term to use. A rebound girl is someone you pick to be with in order to forget someone else. Here, he finally seems to try again once more AFTER having managed the breakup with Eba.

Is this most likely going to be the big ending romance? Most likely not ... but I don't see it as a rebound.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 11:23   Link #5002
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I don't think that "Rebound Girl" is the right term to use. A rebound girl is someone you pick to be with in order to forget someone else. Here, he finally seems to try again once more AFTER having managed the breakup with Eba.

Is this most likely going to be the big ending romance? Most likely not ... but I don't see it as a rebound.
Haruto himself said the reason why he was reluctant to ask Asuka out was because he thought he'd be fine with any girl just to get over Eba.

Asuka is the rebound girl. You may think he's done coping with Eba's departure, but notice how he failed to directly answer all of his Hiroshima friends on why Eba couldn't come with him.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 11:58   Link #5003
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't think that's 100% fact, but obviously what a lot of people expect to happen. I'd love to see a grand twist though.
I agree Shiroth though it may look Asuka is just a diversion its not accurate there are plenty of hints given by Haruto about him starting to have some type of romantic feelings for her (though probably not as strong as they were for Eba) If she was a diversion he would not have had to think seriously about anything concerning her he could have just gone with the flow but he didnt.

There is still a chance for a big twist ending. None of the girls that have been interested in Haruto have actually fought for him. If something were to happen i think there might be a good chance that Asuka could confront Eba once she is back in the picture and Harutard starts going Emo over his conflicting feelings.

As for Haruto's not directly answering questions about Eba coming with. Actually Haruto's stance is a very Japanese male one which is why i did not put more into it. Its part of the culture not to air your dirty laundry so to speak.
Old 2010-09-23, 12:01   Link #5004
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You may think he's done coping with Eba's departure, but notice how he failed to directly answer all of his Hiroshima friends on why Eba couldn't come with him.
First page of chapter 105 Haruto was speaking with Takashi about everything that has happened and we also learned that he has said everything to Akari the day before at the host spring, Nanami has learned everything from Akari. He hasn't said anything to his mother but it looks like his mother didn't even know they were dating or the real reason he wanted to go to Tokyo
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 14:33   Link #5005
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I figure its a rebound because all he said about Asuka how cute she is and wanted to go out with her. It just made me feel his just reaching out and hoping something comes his way. Either way I kinda agree with Asuke suggestion they shouldnt go to college togather I think it may lead to trouble if Haurto decide to go back with Eba.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:08   Link #5006
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I figure its a rebound because all he said about Asuka how cute she is and wanted to go out with her. It just made me feel his just reaching out and hoping something comes his way. Either way I kinda agree with Asuke suggestion they shouldnt go to college togather I think it may lead to trouble if Haurto decide to go back with Eba.
Well, it's been two months since Haruto and Eba said their final good-byes and Haruto seemed pretty sure he didn't want a relationship with her anymore at that point. So, I don't see it so much as a rebound as a natural course. Eventually, you have to move forward and though we didn't see it due to the time skip, there were two months there.

To me, a rebound is more like something in GE, where one guy gets dumped by his girlfriend, so he goes after a girl who he knows liked him right after being dumped. Of course, your mileage may vary and with Haruto spending all that time chasing Eba, two months may not be enough of a recovery period for him. And the fact that he's shown no romantic interest in Asuka previously does cast some doubt on his motivations, but we'll see.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:36   Link #5007
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Haruto himself said the reason why he was reluctant to ask Asuka out was because he thought he'd be fine with any girl just to get over Eba.
No, he was wondering if going out with Asuka wouldn't have this meaning. In other words, he's been very conscious of this possibility. However, in the end he still decided to go with it, because he realized that Eba's presence in his heart was waning strongly. Besides, it's been _months_ since their split. And finally, his eventual decision to date Asuka had no single thought of Eba at all.

In other words, this is evidence AGAINST a rebound.
Old 2010-09-23, 15:41   Link #5008
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Just because we know that this is most likely going to happen sometime into the future doesn't mean this would be a natural course of action for Haruto.

His reason to eventually ask Asuka to date him had nothing to do with Eba. It also had nothing to do with the fact that he reaally needed a girlfriend right away to take away his pain. No, it's rather an issue of "I don't want to lose her". He realizes that unless he stops putzing around, he's going to be without Asuka very soon, and THIS is drags him out of his inactivity.

Thing is that he'd be fine to just continue as-is. Undeclared dating on a low level. However, now when he's forced to choose between Asuka gone or Asuka as his GF, he chose the latter. THAT's the motivation. Not a rebound.
Old 2010-09-23, 16:43   Link #5009
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I've decided to go through the manga again from the beginning to prep myself for the Tokyo arc by shoring up some good memories of the characters before they went crazy on me. I've noticed a few inconsistencies here and there. For example, when we first see that Akari likes Kanzaki-senpai, Haruto mentions that it's been over 10 years since Akari asked Haruto out. Yet, according to the special chapter Haruto and Takashi didn't meet Akari until 8 years previous.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-09-23 at 19:55.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 17:42   Link #5010
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

How many times has this moron replied with:

"Heh?"

Every time the flavor of the month decided to confess to him?

I wish I actually gave a shit about Nanami. Oh well.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 19:30   Link #5011
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Hmmm.... I'm on the unhappy band wagon, I'm afraid. I think a little competition and romance with Akari would have been nicer.
Old 2010-09-24, 03:39   Link #5012
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
I'm in the happy club! thank god Haruto will probably end up with Asuka... i hope it will not be another "Honoka" again...
Old 2010-09-24, 04:38   Link #5013
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
I'm in the happy club! thank god Haruto will probably end up with Asuka... i hope it will not be another "Honoka" again...
Really don't want to disband your happy happy club but most people (including me) expect Asuka to be the very essence of "Honoka" right now. She has it even worse than Honoka - You don't introduce a girl after 80+ chapters and then make her the end girl, especially when the important part of growing feelings for each other is done in a timeskip.

...hmm, did I just answer a troll/sarcastic post ? I can't believe someone would really believe that.

Last edited by Waven; 2010-09-24 at 04:49.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 06:02   Link #5014
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
...hmm, did I just answer a troll/sarcastic post ? I can't believe someone would really believe that.
The power of self-delusion is scary
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 06:28   Link #5015
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Really don't want to disband your happy happy club but most people (including me) expect Asuka to be the very essence of "Honoka" right now. She has it even worse than Honoka - You don't introduce a girl after 80+ chapters and then make her the end girl, especially when the important part of growing feelings for each other is done in a timeskip.

well this is turning into a figurative harem in my POV... FINISH PRINCESS LUCIA ALREADY IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO MAKE THIS INTO A SUZUKA SIMILAR DAMMIT!
Old 2010-09-24, 09:10   Link #5016
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoilers for 107 are out...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-24, 10:24   Link #5017
justavisitor

Spoiler for spoiler for 107:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 10:50   Link #5018
Shadow5YA

I just hope Asuka finds something she enjoys doing (other than Haruto). I felt bad for Honoka, but at least she became a model and lived a happy life in the end. It would be annoying to see Asuka written off with nothing certain she wants to do, like Nanami is right now.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:07   Link #5019
wingman32x

Spoiler for 107:
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:38   Link #5020
cyberdemon

Spoiler for 107:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life