AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 15:54   Link #1461
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Ok so, I play Skyrim on the 360 (for now at least XD) so I don't have the luxury of fancy mods and the like. What's the best looking heavy armor on a male in everyone's opinion?
That's one of the last things you should be asking anyone about. Your taste is your own.

What I recommend is for you to find out which armours are actually available. Like the existence of the Ancient Nordic set or the extremely rare Falmer set. The idea being to know what is available to choose from and decide from there.

I am personally tempted to craft an iron set just because It means I save carry weight when I have more than one of each armour around. But I also am interested in the Falmer set just because of how rare it is. People complained about a lack of insect armour in Oblivion, so I guess that's why they put Falmer Armour in to this game.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/F...lmer_armor.jpg
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Nord_Armor
Old 2011-12-05, 16:12   Link #1462
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Is it that rare? I threw that helm and armor out thinking it was ugly and generic @__@

I don't know about the other pieces. I usually don't pick up falmer gears.

I never put it on either so I don't really know what the set looks like.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 16:13   Link #1463
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I've seen a few pieces of it lying around Falmer ruins and just ignored it, go figure!

Thanks for the advice though, Ancient Nord looks quite good actually. Anything would look better than Dragonplate and be less extravagant than Daedric, at least XD
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 16:25   Link #1464
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's one of the last things you should be asking anyone about. Your taste is your own.

What I recommend is for you to find out which armours are actually available. Like the existence of the Ancient Nordic set or the extremely rare Falmer set. The idea being to know what is available to choose from and decide from there.

I am personally tempted to craft an iron set just because It means I save carry weight when I have more than one of each armour around. But I also am interested in the Falmer set just because of how rare it is. People complained about a lack of insect armour in Oblivion, so I guess that's why they put Falmer Armour in to this game.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/F...lmer_armor.jpg
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Nord_Armor
It's a shame they couldn't make it like Spiral Knights where you can have both an equipment set AND a costume set. So for example equip with Daedric armor but use Falmer as your "costume" set for apperance sakes.

Some of the armor looks better than the other but for gameplay sakes I need the one that's stronger.

The iron set is nice but I really really hate that ugly iron helment.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 16:27   Link #1465
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Personally i think that the ebony set is really cool and is what i used for my first character (Nightmare), you could also do the quest for the ebony mail which gives out some really cool bonuses:

Spoiler for Ebony::

Improved with smithing i never had one problem.
Old 2011-12-05, 16:49   Link #1466
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Yes pickpocket is mostly useless but once you can steal clothes, it becomes amazing *__*. Sadly, you can't pickpocket Demora... they wear full daedra..
I found pickpocketing to be quite useful earlier on. You can get a lot of rings with enchantments on people, which is certainly better than waiting for the game to randomly gave them to you.

You don't need to invest a lot on it to get it to work either. Two points on the very first skill and you will have enough to steal said rings and accesories.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:58   Link #1467
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Is it that rare? I threw that helm and armor out thinking it was ugly and generic @__@

I don't know about the other pieces. I usually don't pick up falmer gears.

I never put it on either so I don't really know what the set looks like.
Helm and shield are everywhere. But there is only a few places to get Falmer boots and body armour.
As armour, they are horrible as they are very heavy despite low defence. However, with the right armour perks and smithing to damage resistance cap it wouldn't be a problem. I just want my character to look unique.
Quote:
I found pickpocketing to be quite useful earlier on. You can get a lot of rings with enchantments on people, which is certainly better than waiting for the game to randomly gave them to you.

You don't need to invest a lot on it to get it to work either. Two points on the very first skill and you will have enough to steal said rings and accessories.
Yeah, now that I played as a thief recently, I think I will start being a thief in any new game. It solved money problems early.
Old 2011-12-05, 18:25   Link #1468
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I thought you can't sell stolen stuff without that super late perk, o__O. Or is pickpocketing a different thing?

I know someone said specifically non-mods, but there's a really epic mod on skyrimnexus that makes Ebony set looks absolute BOSS.

I don't like gears that cover up my character's faces. They're either cute girls or totally badass old men. I usually have no head gear and wear random fashion and whip out my daedric at the very last minute before the enemy is 2 feet away.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 19:25   Link #1469
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Its not a one piece set so if you don't want to you don't have to wear a helmet :P. But all armors in skyrim have a helmet as well. As for stollen goods, there are some fences here and there, if you join the thieves guild your set. Also NPC's have money to :P.
Old 2011-12-05, 19:27   Link #1470
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I thought you can't sell stolen stuff without that super late perk, o__O. Or is pickpocketing a different thing?
There are special merchants who buy stolen goods, but only if you joined the Thieves' Guild.
Old 2011-12-05, 21:59   Link #1471
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That Ebony stuff looks like... the Witch King of Angmar or maybe Sauron (both from LOTR) if the helm was more crown like. Need to wear a golden ring that shows up over the gauntlets imo.
Old 2011-12-05, 22:14   Link #1472
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

<3 Ebony and Steel Plates when it comes to armours. Orcish isn't too bad on the armour side... but Orc-ish weapons are orc-ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
That Ebony stuff looks like... the Witch King of Angmar or maybe Sauron (both from LOTR) if the helm was more crown like. Need to wear a golden ring that shows up over the gauntlets imo.
There's Daedric Armour for those who wants to be Sauron of Skyrim.

Though I personally prefer the look of Ebony. Daedric's too... 'forged from the Fires of Mount Doom by a Demon God who cares about the spiked edges more than the form of it' for my taste.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 22:17   Link #1473
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I thought The Daeric is more evil-looking?

But admittedly, the Dragon Plate looks absolutely ugly. No wonder you guys all go for Ebony. The light version does look less ridiculous
Old 2011-12-05, 22:25   Link #1474
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, now that I played as a thief recently, I think I will start being a thief in any new game. It solved money problems early.
I just realized if your follower is a trainer you can actually trade the gold back when you pay him/her to train you.

I wish I knew that the first time I ran this game.

Quote:
But admittedly, the Dragon Plate looks absolutely ugly. No wonder you guys all go for Ebony. The light version does look less ridiculous
Daedric Armor is the best in the game and is the coolest looking armor.

THough on my run I'm going for light so I'll have to go for Dragonscale armor which isn't bad looking. But yes the Dragonplate is ugly.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 23:24   Link #1475
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I like the look of the Dragonscale stuff, how its all interlocking.
Old 2011-12-06, 01:28   Link #1476
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I thought The Daeric is more evil-looking?
I don't know about Hats and Clog, but personally, I found Daedric a little too... inhuman and demonic for my taste.

I like my evil to still look humanly classy, with sharp edges and quality finish to their dressing.

That's coming from me, though... someone who's Skyrim character actually changes into Blacksmith's Apron for smithing, Fine Robes for walks in the Holds where I'm Thane, Steel Plate and Skyforge Sword when representing Companions, Dark Brotherhood Robes within the Sanctuary, etc.

My regular dungeon stuff are mainly Steel Plates, but that's only because I still have no access to Ebony.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-12-06, 02:21   Link #1477
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I just realized if your follower is a trainer you can actually trade the gold back when you pay him/her to train you.

I wish I knew that the first time I ran this game.
I know they supposedly fixed that loophole in patch 1.2, but since most people refuse to download it most didn't notice.
Old 2011-12-06, 03:06   Link #1478
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't know about Hats and Clog, but personally, I found Daedric a little too... inhuman and demonic for my taste.
Being inhuman and demonic is exactly the appeal of the Daedric armor. Not to mention that it looks like Tamriel's version of a Kamen Rider..... Kamen Rider Daedra?

Quote:
My regular dungeon stuff are mainly Steel Plates, but that's only because I still have no access to Ebony.
No access to Ebony smithing, or no access to Ebony ore/ingots? If it's the latter, Gloombound Mine to the mountain southeast of Windhelm has enough Ebony Ore to make a complete Ebony or Daedric Armor set + upgrades.

Quote:
Once you join the Thieves Guild, you can meet Tonilia, one of the first 'fences' you encounter, who will buy EVERYTHING from you, including stolen goods. As you complete missions for the Thieves Guild you'll meet more fences around Skyrim. If you complete at least 5 of the jobs per city that Vex and Delvin give you in a particular hold city (Markarth, Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm), you'll unlock a special mission for each city that allows you to get a fence for that city, along with adding a new merchant to the Ragged Flagon.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 03:57   Link #1479
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Being inhuman and demonic is exactly the appeal of the Daedric armor. Not to mention that it looks like Tamriel's version of a Kamen Rider..... Kamen Rider Daedra?
It's nice when I'm trying to play Sauron.

Not when I'm running around carrying mead for the Companions or doing odd jobs for the Thieves Guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No access to Ebony smithing, or no access to Ebony ore/ingots? If it's the latter, Gloombound Mine to the mountain southeast of Windhelm has enough Ebony Ore to make a complete Ebony or Daedric Armor set + upgrades.
I have enough Ebony Ingots to make more than sufficient sets of armour and weapons.

I don't like powerleveling or overleveling my skills though. Heck, my Alchemy is 20 levels behind my Enchanting and Smithing and I need to get that to at least 10 levels down.

Old 2011-12-06, 04:49   Link #1480
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So , i heard that the best horse is Shadowmere , he can even tank Krosis lol. Horses are imba.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim