AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-10-19, 20:05   Link #241
majin_vegeta

I just started reading the manga from 185 and so far I really like it. I don't know what people were complaining about.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 17:08   Link #242
Kisuke06
I see...

Spoiler for chapter 263:
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 10:18   Link #243
majin_vegeta

Yeah, I read the most recent chapter. I don't think Togashi has lost his flare at all. The manga is getting better and better to me. I've read about 50 chapters straight and I must say that i'm more impressed with Togashi than either kubo or Kishimoto. I'm glad the king has come back.

Spoiler:

Last edited by majin_vegeta; 2007-10-22 at 11:25. Reason: Didn't want to double post
Old 2007-10-22, 17:17   Link #244
swerv
Stay Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno Zoldick
We don't do this for pleasure. For me, even if it's work, I'll avoid death at any cost.
I've been reading HxH from the start again and that quote from Zeno Zoldick made me think that Netero may be left to die by him during their fight with the King. That's if they actually manage to get to the King.

Still, really looking forward to the ensuing chaos that this plan is bound to collapse into I just hope not too many of the good guys get wasted.
Old 2007-10-22, 22:18   Link #245
majin_vegeta

That's a good point. I didn't really think about it like that, but it'll be a sweet way to die. I don't actually think they'll be the ones to finish the king. Just idol speculation.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-23, 00:06   Link #246
zendavis

The build-up to this has been utterly amazing and the story-telling has been top notch. Although the start of the arc had me scratching my head, the writing has been spellbinding!

Spoiler:

The rules of the Hunter X Hunter universe have been laid down earlier in the arc when a whole host of semi-important characters were killed off at the start. So now going into this raid on the king, the only think I'm expecting at this point is that only Gon and Killua are going to be walking out of this arc alive. No one else is safe and that makes the suspense all the more unbearable. The fact that it's looking all the more likely that the shit is about to hit the fan and that the characters you like ARE going to die make this all more worth looking forward to. I seriously can't wait!
zendavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 06:04   Link #247
swerv
Stay Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah Pitou didn't seem that concerned about Netero and Zeno dropping down after sensing their strength. I think that may be partly because of her own strength but also because of her lack of experience in fighting. She (or 'he' according to the scan I read) may not be thinking about the situation clearly enough, she just judges their strength at that moment instead of what their potential strength may be in a proper fight.

Not sure about the Gon and Killua situation, it's been over a year since I read the more recent chapters, only up to volume 12 on my re-read through at the moment.
Old 2007-10-24, 05:40   Link #248
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, HxH had shown time and time again that RAW power are never determinants of victory in actual combat, especially with the flexibility of nen powers which allows for some sick, versatile skills.

I mean, the ant with the darts power is pretty slick. Used properly with better restrictions and a better nen user, so long as there's reasonable sacrifices, it can be used to beat almost anyone.

Let's not forget that the King probably has NOTHING but his eating powers and raw power as a nen user. He doesn't look like he's spent any time at all to actually develop a Hatsu of his own, but rather eats up his time with the Gung-Gi, thinking and getting pissed off.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 10:10   Link #249
majin_vegeta

I don't know. I think the king may already know nen instinctively. He seems to have prior knowledge to the basic workings of it, so he may not be as bad off as we may think. Besides, this guy seems to be a genius that learns extremely quickly. He may not die as easily as we are hoping.
Old 2007-10-24, 17:55   Link #250
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
That's a good point. I didn't really think about it like that, but it'll be a sweet way to die. I don't actually think they'll be the ones to finish the king. Just idol speculation.
Spoiler:
Not that up to date with the releases, but here's my guess.

Gon's a good-natured "idiot" who doesn't emit scary vibes or kills his opponents. whereas killua has the murderous intent + experience in being an assasin. Last mentioned they were supposed to be about the same level and killua is also extremely talented. I guess it would be somewhat like the difference between fighting the world champion in fighting and the world's best paid killer. the champion might be stronger, but the killer/assasin would be scarier
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 21:11   Link #251
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Gon's a good-natured "idiot" who doesn't emit scary vibes or kills his opponents.
Actually, that is not a completely true assumption. Gon, when he becomes angry, can emit scary vibes and use strength at the level to kill his opponents. Though, since his opponents are usually strong, it may not result that way.

Quote:
Last mentioned they were supposed to be about the same level and killua is also extremely talented.
I think right now Killua is stronger than Gon, especially after he removed the limitation placed on him by possibly his brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Let's not forget that the King probably has NOTHING but his eating powers and raw power as a nen user.
He may not have a special technique but his strength should be enough to cover that shortcoming. But, who knows, assuming he knows everything about nen that his guards know, maybe he has already developed his powers in a very short amount of time, even without doing any kind of special training. Something like that happening is not unexpected.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 22:06   Link #252
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Chapter 264 Spoilers

Spoiler for Summary by BF and Jozen:
Old 2007-10-26, 05:59   Link #253
swerv
Stay Up

/me sets up camp in a room waiting for the scan and tries to resist getting a crappy raw.

Spoiler for Chapter 264:

Last edited by swerv; 2007-10-26 at 07:44.
swerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 08:23   Link #254
Kisuke06
I see...

Spoiler for chapter 264:
Old 2007-10-28, 08:53   Link #255
vm008

Well technically they are not even childhood friends ...

Spoiler:
vm008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 08:59   Link #256
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm008 View Post
Well technically they are not even childhood friends ...

Spoiler:
Ah, it's true. I reread that part, I misinterpreted the first time. =p
Old 2007-10-29, 11:57   Link #257
zrexe
Lurker

Spoiler for chapter 265:
zrexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 12:18   Link #258
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Spoiler for Chapter 265:
Old 2007-10-29, 14:59   Link #259
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 265:
It's clearly Netero. Just look at the nose and earlobes, and then look at old Netero in chapter 264 again.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 15:49   Link #260
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666 View Post
It's clearly Netero. Just look at the nose and earlobes, and then look at old Netero in chapter 264 again.
It is definitely Netero. But, at that time, he should be already old, according to what Zeno said. But, from the picture it does not look that way.

Tags
overpowered villain