AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 08:21   Link #21
Phoenix321

Any one else noticed how Obito could only see Kakashi and Rin on page one...and then *POOF* the mist army just happen to be in his line of sight.. That sneaky Plantdroid!
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:30   Link #22
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so, Rin under a horrible genjutsu is confirmed...
and this is how Kakashi and Obito obtained their mangekyo...

actually this is a good plot... and I like how Obito massacre the whole mist-nin
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:36   Link #23
Awrya
U mad?

Not bad, the only problem I have is how Obito just managed to use mokuton out of nowhere
Old 2012-10-10, 09:38   Link #24
james0246

^The Mokuton came from the Zetsu body.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 09:42   Link #25
Phoenix321

It isn't out of nowhere..
In a previous chapter, when Obito was training his body, there was a panel of him growing a branch from his palm.
The last jutsu also shows the tree being connected to Obito's right body. Just like what happened to Danzoo when he lost control over the H-Cells.
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:17   Link #26
Teru987

Quote:
I'm going to guess:
Obito blames Kakashi because, despite the Blood Mist being the ones that used Rin, Kakashi allowed those events to take place. Hence, "You let Rin die" is not a false statement.
I doubt Rin would betray the Hidden Leaf. Chances are there was foul play involved.
Kakashi was surrounded by quite a few Blood Mist shinobi. Chances are, being outnumbered and Rin being the target and her capture most likely leading to some tragedy for the Hidden Leaf, Kakashi had no choice but to kill her himself.
She might have even asked him to do it.
It's not necessarily a plot hole that Kakashi remembers none of this. Anyone that thinks it's easy to retain a good memory of you killing one of your best friends needs serious therapy or a wake up call. He passed out and likely had no idea what was going on.
More plots holes cause now everything that was told about kakashi is starting to become bullshit.
Quote:
If you're my best friend, and my girlfriend gets bit by a vampire and you murder her with a wooden stake to save the world, I'm still going to be pissed at you for letting her get bit by a vampire.
First off Obito and Rin were never going out so its not really the same. If you had said that he let his friend get bit then that would make more sense.

Quote:
Obito collaborating with Madara has nothing to do with him 'not facing the facts'. The facts are, the world is cruel and that cruel world led to Rin's death. Madara told Obito he dreams of a world without pain or suffering. This has more to do with Obito realizing there isn't 'blame' to be made for one person or one group of people but for the world of shinobi at all. If you think about it, it makes sense. What led to the Sand Village having a peaceful treaty with Leaf Village? The battle between Sand Village and Leaf Village which resulted in 3rd Hokage's death. What led to the Shinobi Alliance with even the Samurai coming out of neutrality to join the Shinobi Villages? Sasuke and Tobi's attack on the Kage Summit which ultimately resorted to Danzo's death. Obito is probably tired of a world where small victories are obtained at the loss of life.
Madara also said that you will be back and thank me. If you dont think that Madara wouldn't plan stuff out before putting them in to action then you might have a screw loose. He wouldn't just attack the First without planning it out, he had Kurama with him.

Quote:
he idea is Kakashi had it the whole time but never 'unlocked it'.
I he had it then it was already unlocked! Sasuke didnt want to remember/believe that itachi was crying thats why it took naruto getting his ass kick for him to use the sharingan.
Teru987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:26   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Reading this thread gave me a headache... What did I want to say again? Oh yeah.

Where are you people getting the idea that she was working for the Mist?

And people who are saying "It was all Madara", while certainly not an unbased assumption, should define it as "I think it was all Madara", or "If you ask me, it was all Madara". It may be a fair assumption but there's no concrete proof.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:04   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
so, Rin under a horrible genjutsu is confirmed...
how do you know that? maybe i missed something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Where are you people getting the idea that she was working for the Mist?
yea, i still have no idea what rin's deal was. the only things we know is that the mist were after her and that they wanted to collect the body.

as for madara being involved, we don't know the extent, but we do know that he set this up in some way based on the facts that zetsu brought obito there at the perfect time and that madara told obito he would return to him. and now apparently, madara chose obito from the start which is what i always thought would be the best story-line
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:14   Link #29
BlueCosmos

For a none uchia to unlock ms at such a young age, he passed out from the large amount of chakra it used, Kakashi is lifeless after using it 3 times at first and he was much older
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:16   Link #30
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosmos View Post
For a none uchia to unlock ms at such a young age, he passed out from the large amount of chakra it used, Kakashi is lifeless after using it 3 times at first and he was much older
Obito was able to use it infinitely is because he is leeching out of the Wood element cells that was implanted on half of his body, much like Danzo.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:37   Link #31
b1gdawg

Again, I said this last chapter thread, I don't think Madara had anything to do with this. Madara is too confident in his theory to have to try to fake it to convince somebody to join him. Rin was probably from some special bloodline/clan like how people tried to Kidnap Hinata. Kakashi was surrounded by a ton of "Bloody Mist" ninja and i guess he figured out that they were after Rin, for some special reason, so he killed her. And they even said at least get the body. Or maybe they were just trying to capture her to get some information out of her, and Kakashi killed her, the same way Kisame did when he was in that situation.

Now I want to know why Obito was so special. Why was Obito chosen by Madara instead of any other Uchiha that we're in the clan at that time. It makes sense that he is, because the best Jounin teachers always get the most special students. Like Nidiame getting Hiruzen and the 2 elders. Hiruzen getting Jiraiya/Tsunade/Oro. Jiraiya getting Minato (I hope the other 2 get revealed and come into the story.), Minato getting Kakashi/Obito, Kakashi getting Naruto/Sasuke

Last edited by b1gdawg; 2012-10-10 at 11:48.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:42   Link #32
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
Again, I said this last chapter thread, I don't think Madara had anything to do with this. Madara is too confident in his theory to have to try to fake it to convince somebody to join him.
This is not something open to speculation anymore

Fact 1 : The Mist renamed itself Bloody Mist when Madara controlled Yagura and regained its old name after Yagura's death.
Fact 2 : those ninjas said they were not from the Mist, but from the Bloody Mist, hence working indirectly for Madara or the long haired masked man.
Only a fool would deny the connection and call it coincidence. Seriously.

And I repeat myself since no one picked up on it, but the man who made Yagura create the Bloody Mist era is not Obito. Obito didn't manipulate Yagura (the manipulation started too early) and Obito didn't kill the Uchiha (since it was the guy who manipulated Yagura who did it)
Most likely, Tobi was really just a Zetsu underling like he was supposed to be and his story to Sasuke was right : he had nothing to do with the Kyuubi attack. Kishi is dropping him from master manipulator final villain to irrelevant Kakashi villain. (and Kakashi can't fight the guy who massacred the Uchiha and caused Minato's death since this / those guys are reserved for Naruto and Sasuke)

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-10-10 at 12:06.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:51   Link #33
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
This is not something open to speculation anymore

Fact 1 : The Mist renamed itself Bloody Mist when Madara controlled Yagura and regained its old name after Yagura's death.
Fact 2 : those ninjas said they were not from the Mist, but from the Bloody Mist, hence working indirectly for Madara.

Only a fool would deny the connection and call it coincidence. Seriously.
I completely forgot about Madara controlling the Mist. I didn't know they changed their name to the bloody mist after Madara took control. Still, i woulda liked it more if Obito convinced himself to join Madara, now it's pretty obvious that he's gonna turn on him once he figures out that Madara planned it.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 12:14   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they wanted the girl's... info? somethin... Kakashi and her figured that there was no way to escape so kill the thing they DESPERATELY NEED. thats it, nothing huge or junk... people look way to deep into stuff.
Old 2012-10-10, 13:35   Link #35
itachi-san314

Quote:
Most likely, Tobi was really just a Zetsu underling like he was supposed to be and his story to Sasuke was right : he had nothing to do with the Kyuubi attack. Kishi is dropping him from master manipulator final villain to irrelevant Kakashi villain. (and Kakashi can't fight the guy who massacred the Uchiha and caused Minato's death since this / those guys are reserved for Naruto and Sasuke)
except that the tobi who caused minato's death and controlled the kyuubi to attack konoha had short hair and used obito's techniques. it's possible that madara was controlling obito at that time, which would make sense out of tobi not having a personal connection with minato during their fight
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 13:42   Link #36
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
And I repeat myself since no one picked up on it, but the man who made Yagura create the Bloody Mist era is not Obito. Obito didn't manipulate Yagura (the manipulation started too early) and Obito didn't kill the Uchiha (since it was the guy who manipulated Yagura who did it)
i tried bringing light to this in prior threads that madara was the long-haired guy that presented to kisame in that flashback. but all i had to go on was the fact the eye we saw at that time that kisame commented on was a Left one, which obito did not have. now with the group calling themselves bloody mist, this is increasingly more likely.
as for obito killing the uchiha, maybe?? I mean we just saw what he was capable of...
Old 2012-10-10, 14:22   Link #37
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
That was pretty cool, especially that last jutsu...though isn't that a bit too much blood?
An average manga character/target has 700 gallons of blood pumping through them. It is basic Manga-verse 101 .

Chapter was...somewhat decent. At the very least, the fighting was pretty badass on Obito's part. The only complaint I got is that it answered nothing about the reason why Rin was killed. Instead there's only speculation.
Old 2012-10-10, 14:47   Link #38
Eragon
Still Alive

Any takers for Rin having a say in any of this? I mean are we gonna get nothing from the character that potentially played the most crucial part in transforming Tobi to Obito(or, as he will have it, No One) ? Kishi hasn't even given her a last name for Christ's sake.
Old 2012-10-10, 15:06   Link #39
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

^ Rin (until these last few chapter) was always just a comrade of Kakashi’s who had died. Who—from what I could tell—he had failed to protect. In all honesty, I doubt Obito would have a last name if he weren’t apart of the Uchiha clan and was supposed to give Kakashi his eye. Whether Rin was a spy, under genjustu, or caught in the friendly fire of Kakashi’s attack, I really don’t think it matters all that much. Hell, Rin could have been similar to Naruto’s mom and had special chakra and they wanted that (they kept mentioning, “We need to get the girl.”) Maybe there was something special about Rin that was never explained or developed because really, those small details about her character aren’t important. Her character is supposed to shape both Kakashi and Obitio. She is ultimately a plot device. Kisihimoto will most likely take the high road, making Rin under a genjustu—somehow tying in Madara— so that Obito will eventually change sides, but Kishi might not. Who knows? I just know Rin has never really been a character. Just motivation for Obito and a suppression for Kakashi.

But am I the only one who is still slightly taken aback by how jarring the pacing for the past few chapters has been? We went from a plethora of poop jokes and now Obito is basically bathing in the blood of his enemies--in the time span of what, four weeks? Just seems like the tone is confused.
Old 2012-10-10, 15:11   Link #40
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i just don't understand why so many people hated this chapter and why do they find lack of plot in it,
first of all it was a great chapter, and i have two things in mind right now
rin might have held some unique thing, it's not the first time that a girl has been attacked by the mist ninjas for their unique triats(kushina, hinata), kakashi killed her so that the mist ninjas could not get their hands on whatever the unique triat rin held,

now rin being a double agent could also be an interesting theory, in which she isolates kakashi and are ambushed by mist ninja's, for the mist to get their hands on the sharingan

and obito going berserk and killing all those mist ninjas, i think it was the biggest blood bath i saw on naruto till now

and it is in no way madara's work, he is a sick mind in a dying body, madara is nothing but a spark to ignite obito to change the world, also it is obito behind every work of the masked man

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion