AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-13, 22:11   Link #30601
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The worse thing is than many will agree with the lawyer, and not only in India.
Old 2013-09-13, 22:34   Link #30602
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It makes sense... why should girls run the streets late at night without a valid reason (like being prostitutes). Anyway, that doesn't give the dudes the right to rape them even with pay...

For the sake of rage and stupid statements he just said, hope his daughter gets raped and have her be burned alive and have the rapists be set free... It's my daughter's fault anyway.... Retarded lawyer, castrate the bastard.
Old 2013-09-14, 00:48   Link #30603
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The worse thing is than many will agree with the lawyer, and not only in India.
I hope he tries (not succeeds), then he can be charged for murder and join his clients in prison.
Old 2013-09-14, 02:10   Link #30604
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yeah, why the hell don't people control their daughters? It's only natural they be gangraped for being out with their boyfriends at night. The problem lies with the daughters.
The girl was on her way home from watching a movie with a male friend of hers, not even romantically involved, and not even that late at night. (9:30 PM).
It's a perfectly normal thing for anyone to do.

Yet monsters like this lawyer seem to associate that with negative connotation of being a 'slut'.
(Not to mention, even IF that was true, nothing he says is justified)
Some people are just despicable for the sake of being vile.
Old 2013-09-14, 04:47   Link #30605
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder what would be worse - if he really thought that, or if he just said it because he thought it was his job?
Old 2013-09-14, 06:28   Link #30606
Zakoo

Well the decision is politic probably, I will be blunt, it's very hard for me to admit the justice of a country can put on the same table the weight of a life and the weight of a vagina.
Old 2013-09-14, 07:11   Link #30607
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

UAE leads Gulf front against Egypt's Islamists
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-14-02-18-59

Filipino troops attack to end rebel standoff
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/filip...rebel-standoff
Old 2013-09-14, 07:51   Link #30608
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
It makes sense... why should girls run the streets late at night without a valid reason (like being prostitutes).
Why are you focusing on girls and calling them prostitutes? Be an equal opportunist, turn it around on males. "Why should boys run the streets late at night without a valid reason (like being criminals)."

If someone wants to be out late at night, that's their business. No matter the time of day or the gender of the victim, actions that harm or violate others should not be tolerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
For the sake of rage and stupid statements he just said, hope his daughter gets raped and have her be burned alive and have the rapists be set free...
Sounds like a pretty horrific thing to wish upon someone innocent, just because their parent said something stupid.
Old 2013-09-14, 08:21   Link #30609
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The girl was on her way home from watching a movie with a male friend of hers, not even romantically involved, and not even that late at night. (9:30 PM).
It's a perfectly normal thing for anyone to do.

Yet monsters like this lawyer seem to associate that with negative connotation of being a 'slut'.
(Not to mention, even IF that was true, nothing he says is justified)
Some people are just despicable for the sake of being vile.
And... even if she were romantically involved and it was 2 AM, it's completely screwed up logic to then conclude "oh, well she was out of control, bound to be raped." Not to say being out that late is safe in the city or whatever, but it's simple enough to understand the fault of a horrible act lies with the person (people) committing it, not the victim, regardless of circumstance...
Old 2013-09-14, 08:29   Link #30610
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am not interested in the fact that these four guys got Death; I am interested in what these guys would normally get, if their crimes were not headline news.

What would they normally get? What kind of puny sentence they would have gotten, perhaps even suspended sentences, if this wasn't going political?

Is anyone suppose to celebrate four killers getting major punishments? Isn't that what is suppose to happen?

I have a feeling this is about "OMG! They didn't get away with it!"

Maybe when criminals being punished is the norm, we can stop celebrating that justice has been served sporadically.

The lawyer is a jerk, but he might have a point when he claimed that without the headlines, his clients would have been able to get away with it. And that tells us far more about how the legal system in India works, or don't work as the case may be.
Old 2013-09-14, 09:05   Link #30611
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Well the decision is politic probably, I will be blunt, it's very hard for me to admit the justice of a country can put on the same table the weight of a life and the weight of a vagina.
.......?

Did you miss the part where the four mutilated the girl to death with a metal rod?
Their crime is not just rape, it's also a homicide.
Old 2013-09-14, 09:19   Link #30612
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
.......?

Did you miss the part where the four mutilated the girl to death with a metal rod?
Their crime is not just rape, it's also a homicide.
Technically the metal rod and the "pulling her intestines out through the hole" was the underaged boy's idea. And he is getting 3 years only for being a juvenile. The adults get death, the mastermind gets away with it.
Old 2013-09-14, 09:22   Link #30613
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

More important than rape, it was homicide also.
Old 2013-09-14, 09:27   Link #30614
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Technically the metal rod and the "pulling her intestines out through the hole" was the underaged boy's idea. And he is getting 3 years only for being a juvenile. The adults get death, the mastermind gets away with it.
The point is, they all participated in the beating with the rod, and mutilation.
The boy is credited for the idea and the ripping of intestines out with his hands, but all of them participated in the beatings. There's no excuse for these men. At all.
Old 2013-09-14, 10:27   Link #30615
Zakoo

I don't agree with death sentence at all, whether people kill a hundred people on a island or for monstruous acts.

Justice was never meant to give people a way to get revenge, it's about judging if people are too dangerous for society and as such emprisoning them or forcing them to get a treatment if they have a mental illness.

Death penalty simply says a person won't ever be useful to society no matter how much time passes, thus the very existence of the human in question is renied. I do not agree with such a vision of justice.

Yes, the facts are monstruous, but they should have lived, and worked hard to redeem themselves for example by paying interests for the family of the girl. And if they don't want to, they can always suicid themselves as someone recently did in a US prison.
Old 2013-09-14, 11:07   Link #30616
JokerD

Quote:
I don't agree with death sentence at all, whether people kill a hundred people on a island or for monstruous acts.

Justice was never meant to give people a way to get revenge, it's about judging if people are too dangerous for society and as such emprisoning them or forcing them to get a treatment if they have a mental illness.

Death penalty simply says a person won't ever be useful to society no matter how much time passes, thus the very existence of the human in question is renied. I do not agree with such a vision of justice.

Yes, the facts are monstruous, but they should have lived, and worked hard to redeem themselves for example by paying interests for the family of the girl. And if they don't want to, they can always suicid themselves as someone recently did in a US prison.
Sometimes a criminal is so unrepentant that it is a danger to release them to society as there's a chance that they will re-offend. I'm not sure if this is the case here but going by the statement of the lawyer, it might well be.

Still on the death penalty, I see it as a lesser evil. What's the use of keeping someone alive and in lockup when he has no chance of release (life sentence). The judge has already deemed him nonredeemable, what is the point, other than to prolong his suffering. At least when he dies he can become fertilizer for nature when he's buried or burnt (as is hindu custom) rather than waste food and oxygen. But I'm kind of morbid when it comes to human life anyway...

On repayments to the surviving family, I'm of 2 minds about it. It sounds rather like blood money where a rich murderer can get away with paying it but I do acknowledge that it might be necessary especially in cases where the parents are looking for support from they're child in old age. However in this case, I don't think that those 4 can gather up enough money to compensate the potential earnings of a doctor <= correct me if I'm wrong on the course of study for the lady
Old 2013-09-14, 11:22   Link #30617
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
However in this case, I don't think that those 4 can gather up enough money to compensate the potential earnings of a doctor <= correct me if I'm wrong on the course of study for the lady
The original article indicates that she was studying for a degree in physiotherapy (also known as physical therapy, which is the term I hear more often). Physical therapists work within the medical system and perform important functions often relating to physical rehabilitation, but the position is separate from doctors.
Old 2013-09-14, 12:44   Link #30618
Domonkazu

death sentence is justified, it was homicide.

I don't believe those men will be able to contribute anything to their society afterward.
Old 2013-09-14, 17:37   Link #30619
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Just because something wears clothes and walks on two legs doesn't mean they're human. Those with no respect for the lives of others as humans cannot expect to have their own life respected as one.

It's just like a rabid animal being put down. You don't put them down just to "get back" at them, but to prevent them from doing any more damage.

Back then I would think of more cruel punishments. After all, everyone dies anyways. The route to it matters though. However, I just realized it's not about retribution.

I want to ask you folks a question. Let's say someone did something terrible to someone you care about just for the hell of it (resulting in death) and you had to kill the perpetrator, personally. You have two options: A gun with a single bullet or a screwdriver. What would you honestly do? And you have to do everything yourself. There are no consequences for anything you do; you may do anything you want with whatever method you picked.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-09-14 at 17:53.
Old 2013-09-14, 17:39   Link #30620
Sumeragi
Banned

To be frank, I'm disgusted at how people can say they're for human rights and then want the most inhumane punishments inflicted. At this point it's like the White Knight becoming Black as one fights against evil.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international