Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-02-20, 07:47   Link #1
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
HTML Editor

Does anyone know how to use the HTML Editor, Dreamweaver? I've just created a layout for my website and i don't know how to edit it. Someone told me i need to use a HTML editor so i got Dreamweaver but i'm not sure what to do.

So if anyone has this program or a similar program can you give me a little info on how to get started in editing my site?
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 08:14   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb

If you're willing to learn to write HTML by hand, a simple text editor will do -- like notepad... There are lots of sites around to help you learn how to write HTML, and the World Wide Web Consortium has pages with all the agreed standards detailed to help you validate your files. Google is the one way to find "how to" sites for HTML.

If you want to stick with Dreamweaver (I personally don't use it or anything like it...) there are a number of sites that can offer you a hand to get started. Sites like this Dreamweaver Tutorial. Again, check google for many more .

Edit: There I've moved the thread to where it should be -- Took a while for me to work out where the moderation functions where on this new page layout ¬_¬
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 08:14   Link #3
nooc

You might want to try Google. Type in something like "dreamweaver tutorial".

edit: Writing html from scratch by hand is, in my oppinion, only time consuming. I recommend making the basic layout in a wysiwyg like dreamweaver and then edit in by hand, afterwards.
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 09:12   Link #4
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Ok, thats for the info guys ^^.
Old 2004-02-20, 12:17   Link #5
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Dreamweaver, you should get dreamweaver, i only design my page in dreamweaver now, another helpfull program is photoshop, for images.

o yah of you need help in using dreamweaver i can help you as best i know, i am not the best at making websites mind you.

the reason i like dreamweaver is because you can set it so it shows the code as well as you can work on it visually, good for if you want to edit things manually or center items.

Edit by chris: I forgot that the thing is dreamweaver and photoshop arn't free they are pretty expencive programs but in my opinion they are the best.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 13:08   Link #6
scotty81
DSL addict

Send a message via AIM to scotty81 Send a message via MSN to scotty81
I recently took the demo of Macromedia Studio MX2004, it rocks!
also with dreamweaver you have lessons, I followed them to start and it's really useful!
If you use fireworks with it, you can create some really cool roll over effects!
scotty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 12:06   Link #7
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty81
I recently took the demo of Macromedia Studio MX2004, it rocks!
also with dreamweaver you have lessons, I followed them to start and it's really useful!
If you use fireworks with it, you can create some really cool roll over effects!
What do you mean by roll over effects? o.o

I'm was reading some lessons on Dreamweaver the other day, i'll start back today.

Hey chris, i would appreciate it if you can help me out. Maybe we can talk on AIM if you have it. My sn is CrimsonXAD.
Old 2004-02-23, 07:45   Link #8
scotty81
DSL addict

Send a message via AIM to scotty81 Send a message via MSN to scotty81
a roll over effect is when the picture changes when your pointer is above it! or when you click on it. like here. I know the example is weird, it's the only I could find in my bookmarks.
scotty81 is offline   Reply With Quote