Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-13, 12:09   Link #1361
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He calls her onee-chan, not onee-sama, therefore I'm pretty sure he's her brother.
Not necessarily. Terms of endearment are not bound by blood. Unless something has been explicitly said, we can't really tell. It's pretty much contextual.

For example, an older friend of mine from Japan told me to just use her name with "-nee" at the end, but I couldn't get used to that one.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 15:40   Link #1362
winkel

Oh Rana, how you ever got that from Ravensborne Nucleotide I will never understand.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 15:58   Link #1363
Dahak86
Classics never age

I'm starting to think Rana has a very perverted mind, after all.
Old 2011-03-13, 17:26   Link #1364
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

lol,I agree,That comment was so random.
Old 2011-03-13, 18:13   Link #1365
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Freezing just reminds me of Battle Vixens, but it's entire different with the story, setting, but the only thing that hasn't change is the various shots of boobs and butts.

Besides that the manga (or manhwa in korean) is a bit more adult-rated than the anime. Not to mention the various differences between the two. You guys know this, how the Pandoras don armor when they change, not a flashing light, how it's more bloody in manga than anime (anime does has some blood, but not by much.), and etc.

Well I'm stating too much of the obvious, but I do know I've kept up with the RAW version of the manga, up to 63 and it's getting sad from there. Too bad I don't know Korean yet. As for chapter 40 and beyond, you're going to get pissed off at Sattelizer's half brother, and Aoi Kazuya as well. If you read chapter 40-47 I think already, ok then.
leon4281isback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 18:26   Link #1366
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nova Form

We got adaptation of chapters 29 and 30 of the manga for the tenth anime episode respectively.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 19:25   Link #1367
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
We got adaptation of chapters 29 and 30 of the manga for the tenth anime episode respectively.

Spoiler:
Yep, pretty much sums it up. I haven't read Claymore that much, only a few chapters, but I did see play some games and seen some anime that has some of the same concept of fighting creatures using cells and tissues of them. R-type for example, is fighting the Bydo, using a small piece of their flesh, making into a weapon called Force. And at the end of each final boss every game. The player fire the Force into the Bydo leaving a reaction and open to attack.
leon4281isback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 09:34   Link #1368
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow they completely changed how this battle layout occurred. Im opposed to some of it but some of it is pretty cool like Rana being added to the guard detail at the "mysterious door" her presence tells me alone that an important battle is going to be altered.

Im hoping they dont remove too much material because this battle we got to see a lot of Pandora's fight and what their abilities are. There is a scene with Elizabeth that they must keep in i will be highly disappointed if they choose to alter or remove it.
Old 2011-03-14, 11:28   Link #1369
ditn

*dodging 20k spoilers
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 14:13   Link #1370
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon4281isback View Post
Freezing just reminds me of Battle Vixens, but it's entire different with the story, setting, but the only thing that hasn't change is the various shots of boobs and butts.

Besides that the manga (or manhwa in korean) is a bit more adult-rated than the anime. Not to mention the various differences between the two. You guys know this, how the Pandoras don armor when they change, not a flashing light, how it's more bloody in manga than anime (anime does has some blood, but not by much.), and etc.

Well I'm stating too much of the obvious, but I do know I've kept up with the RAW version of the manga, up to 63 and it's getting sad from there. Too bad I don't know Korean yet. As for chapter 40 and beyond, you're going to get pissed off at Sattelizer's half brother, and Aoi Kazuya as well. If you read chapter 40-47 I think already, ok then.
They stopped donning armor since the fight at the beginning. I think the author is just pretending it never happened.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 20:50   Link #1371
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
They stopped donning armor since the fight at the beginning. I think the author is just pretending it never happened.
If you're meaning the manhwa, then No, they did not.

If you're meaning the anime, well, yes, of course, they did.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 14:25   Link #1372
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
If you're meaning the manhwa, then No, they did not.

If you're meaning the anime, well, yes, of course, they did.
They haven't donned Armor since before Rana showed up.

So I will agree that the manhwa decided to abandon that feature.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 17:54   Link #1373
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
They haven't donned Armor since before Rana showed up.

So I will agree that the manhwa decided to abandon that feature.
Not really...Chapter 30.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 19:28   Link #1374
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Oh Rana, how you ever got that from Ravensborne Nucleotide I will never understand.
I'm not sure... Maybe she should demonstrate....
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 13:11   Link #1375
RGB

Episode 10 turned out a bit lackluster as far as fighting is concerned. I can understand a decision to stall the action and conserve the budget for the finale, but there is a limit of how much looped running animation and CGI maps you can use before it becomes grating. Episode 11 souldn't be far off now and fingers crossed for a nice rematch between Satellizer and Cathy.
Of course, after all the lingering shots of crystals on the Nova-form Pandoras' chests it would be a safe bet that they are the weak point. Destroying the crystals will probably free those girls, so we might get Cathy back.

There is a possible plot point behind the whole cookie-cutter stigma cancer as occupational risk for Pandoras. From a flashback in the first episode it would seem that Kazuya's sister died in explosion of a defeated Nova. Apparently her body wasn't destroyed, as people from Genetics managed to recover some (all?) of her stigmas. But was she killed off? Sister Margaret's line about Kazuha going into a Nova form during the 8th invasion raises a posibility that she survived. Then again, for all we know, her body could be floating in a jar somewhere just like what's her name.. pickled tits, mother of all Pandoras.

Last edited by RGB; 2011-03-18 at 13:13. Reason: Fingers, not fongers.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 12:11   Link #1376
n120cky

hmm about Nova form, it's make me wonder if Kazuya can change to Nova form too , He already has stigma tissues in his body after all.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 20:00   Link #1377
Animelover#1
Kouta...

any idea when freezing ep 11 is out? everywhere says march 18th, but that was 2 days ago. And I do understand the possibilty it's because of the japanese crisis so dont say it ^^
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 21:00   Link #1378
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He calls her onee-chan, not onee-sama, therefore I'm pretty sure he's her brother.
well based on hair color it's might be true, if it's true then Chiffon eyes color may be the same of his. And His name would be Eugene Fairchild .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 21:53   Link #1379
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
well based on hair color it's might be true, if it's true then Chiffon eyes color may be the same of his. And His name would be Eugene Fairchild .
Until his surname is proven otherwise, henceforth this should be his official name.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 08:57   Link #1380
soka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
any idea when freezing ep 11 is out? everywhere says march 18th, but that was 2 days ago. And I do understand the possibilty it's because of the japanese crisis so dont say it ^^
It didn't air on AT-X on March 18th, the closest air date for ep 11 is on March 23rd on Sun tv.
soka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen