AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 16:32   Link #201
LIQUIDCELL

Death and taxes---in the end, you always end up paying the price.
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 07:31   Link #202
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
After watching the Television House I have questioned what my own death would be like. I am epileptic and assuming I dont die from a car accident or some form of cancer (although I dont think there is a history on either side) I am pretty sure there will be complications if I live too long.

I worry that I will have seizures every hour or so. Grand Mahl seizures. They are under control now but what happens when the brain starts to degrade?
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:39   Link #203
Beelgarion
Anime Rendan

Immortal...... you will suffer a lot from that. You'll see the others of ure family die and suffer that. Plus you will ge tbored of the life. You will feel different from others. A human lives as much as God gave him.
Beelgarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 11:58   Link #204
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
Konata:"So how do you want to die?"
ive never actually thought about dying because ive so much more to do and so much things that i havent done yet~
but i dont have feelings towards the word "death"
Old 2008-04-03, 18:58   Link #205
ESC

The only death Im afraid of is the death of my family and friends. Personally, I find death as something natural and I think a long rest would be nice after finding meaning to life. But, thats after finding the meaning to life, and I dont think I have an answer to that yet.

I think one begins to accept "death" as they mature. I guess kids are scared of death because their life is surrounded by joyfulness. Btw, Im only thinking about the natural death in life and not murder/accidents/etc.
ESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 19:54   Link #206
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I've always had a "don't fret over it until you have to" way of living. Whenever I get nervous, I always try to remind myself that worrying about something before it even happens usually just makes up more complications. I feel that preperation and being nervous are two very different things. If I'm afraid of death because it will end what I'm experiencing right now, while I'm alive, why would I want to waste the time that I have left by worrying over it? In one words, even when it comes to family members and loved ones, death is the farthest thing from my mind. Of course I will mourn and cry when the time comes, but not until then. I hope.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 10:53   Link #207
escimo
Paparazzi

I don't fear my own inevitable death nor do I wish for it. Living your life pondering when you're going to die is a life lived in fear.

I wish to live a long full life but I don't recent the idea of that life ending in death. I just hope it's a death with no big regrets. Living my life considering what if I die tomorrow is a concept totally inconceivable for me. What it comes to concept of afterlife, it's something that I find irrelevant. If there's or there's not afterlife of some sort it doesn't affect the way I live the life that I have now.
Immortality has it's own appeal but as it's not a viable option in any way it's just pointless daydreaming which leads quite easily to fear of death.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 05:30   Link #208
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I want to live for 300-400 years, or maybe I want to be an immortal... I want to die whenever I want. I want to be invulnerable, then build up a utopia in Earth, then terraforming Mars to Aqua, and when my work is done, and every people is happy in the world, Then die.

Yeah, and I believe in reincarnation.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 05:45   Link #209
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I want to live for 300-400 years, or maybe I want to be an immortal... I want to die whenever I want. I want to be invulnerable, then build up a utopia in Earth, then terraforming Mars to Aqua, and when my work is done, and every people is happy in the world, Then die.

Yeah, and I believe in reincarnation.
If you did manage that, I'd wish for immortality too.
Old 2008-04-05, 06:35   Link #210
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC View Post
The only death Im afraid of is the death of my family and friends.
That is the worst thing that can ever happen. Believe me i know that. Seeing one person die in front of your eye is a nightmare. So what do you call seeing two persons die in front of your eye and both are very close to you.
black monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 06:50   Link #211
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
If you did manage that, I'd wish for immortality too.
[offtopic] Well I think the only place where the real utopia can be built is anywhere but Earth. Earth is too rotten. [/offtopic]
Old 2008-04-05, 06:52   Link #212
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

I'm actually not scared of death. I'll die when I die I'm scared of losing my family,friends & pets but my death I'm not. I guess a line in Utada Hikaru's song Simple and Clean goes
"Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all"
Old 2008-04-05, 10:41   Link #213
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
To all who think immortality is nice, either read or watch "Interview with a Vampire" and you'll understand that actually being immortal is a life of loneliness, sadness and mostly emptiness. There's nothing to explain your purpose in living except for just walking onwards without a real objective, no end in sight. You can only watch as the world withers away in its own corruption. No end, no purpose, just you and your endless, circular path. Life becomes far too monotonous in the end. I would thus prefer death. It will come, and I'm not worried about it. What I do worry about is how I live. What is beyond life is not a concern of mine.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 10:47   Link #214
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
All I learned after reading Interview With A Vampire (edit: the entire Vampire Chronicles) is that every vampire is either a homo or emo. lol, but seriously, immortality requires a different frame of mind in order for eternity to be bearable, methinks.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 10:55   Link #215
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
To all who think immortality is nice, either read or watch "Interview with a Vampire" and you'll understand that actually being immortal is a life of loneliness, sadness and mostly emptiness. There's nothing to explain your purpose in living except for just walking onwards without a real objective, no end in sight. You can only watch as the world withers away in its own corruption. No end, no purpose, just you and your endless, circular path. Life becomes far too monotonous in the end. I would thus prefer death. It will come, and I'm not worried about it. What I do worry about is how I live. What is beyond life is not a concern of mine.

I agree with you about immortality isn't nice. But i don't agree with being an mmortal has no purpose.why?

It is becuse some people's purpose is to help the others and to make a better future.

Last edited by black monster; 2008-04-19 at 08:22.
Old 2008-04-05, 11:04   Link #216
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
I only watched the movie. So if I became immortal I will be either emo/homo/pedo/all of them?
I have objectives ( see previous post) but if I can't die after I completed them, then I will be just like Wowbagger from the Hitchhiker's series: I'm gonna insult everyone in the universe in alphabetical order! And after I complete that... well Radio Game last episode.
Old 2008-04-05, 11:10   Link #217
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
I will be just like Wowbagger from the Hitchhiker's series: I'm gonna insult everyone in the universe in alphabetical order! And after I complete that... well Radio Game last episode.
What is the point of doing that?

and why don't you be part of the solution insted of being part of the mistake.
Old 2008-04-06, 06:04   Link #218
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I just thought up something... many people's (well RICH people) remains are sent to space or wherever they desired when they lived. So I'm just asking... Do you thought about this?

If the technology will be advanced enought I want my remains digitized and uploaded to the internet, because I spent my whole life there.
Or if thats not possible, just bury me on the surface of the Mars.

Last edited by Solais; 2008-04-06 at 10:21.
Old 2008-04-06, 06:52   Link #219
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
I just thought up something... many people's (well RICH people) remains are sent to space or wherever they desired when they lived. So I1m just asking... Do you thought about this?

If the technology will be advanced enought I want my remains digitized and uploaded to the internet, because I spent my whle life there.
Or if thats not possible, just bury me on the surface of the Mars.
I thought of that and i have decided that i won't do it becuse it doesn't matter where my remains are.

What really matters to me is this

"All my dreams, wishes, and the perfect happy memory remain in the heart of the people who thinks of me as an important person"
Old 2008-04-06, 10:03   Link #220
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Well, I think I'd like a viking funeral. Get my body sent out at sea in a boat with all the cool stuff I had to be set on fire. Otherwise everything else is a moot point; I'm dead by then, so I could care less if all I get is a mud-hole to sink in. What matters is I lived for myself; no regrets, eh?
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death, existentialism