AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-11, 13:53   Link #61
reaper_unique

episode 06 was fun but I'm having mixed feelings about this show. Now we have a100% filler episode which is fun and all and I somewhat understand why they put this in but what's with the characters? they are even dumber then normal...

It's filler, ok, but I'm getting a little bit worried, they are getting more and more off-track and well... I have a bad feeling as to where this is going
I like some tardness from time to time but I thought this was an anime based on a RTS? I would expect a little bit more seriousness and smarter (enemy) commanders(although we have only seen two).
Old 2009-05-11, 14:00   Link #62
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I would say the enemy commanders are pretty smart. Ep 5 they had planned to ambush Welkin and co. if they followed the retreating army. But Welkin held up the advance because he knew something wasn't right with the way they just retreated.

But I agree. Too one sided so far. I miss shows that would air 5 times a week all new episodes...Ah to go back to those days...
Old 2009-05-11, 14:28   Link #63
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
None. All they did was talk as friends, nothing more.
Yeah, and I hope people are patient enough to witness what Fadio would do later to Alicia.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:34   Link #64
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oooooooooooooh... mysterious... Is it a good or a bad thing?

Old 2009-05-11, 14:34   Link #65
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Wait... and find out

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:35   Link #66
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I do know what Faldio will do later on, but it is still unnerving to watch the rather retarded changes regarding him (and the relationship of his) as well as the anime as a whole that have been made so far.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:42   Link #67
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
he has a one night fling with her, promises to call her back but never does...
as for what he really does to her, l wonder if they won't change that scene all together...
Old 2009-05-11, 14:45   Link #68
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I do know what Faldio will do later on, but it is still unnerving to watch the rather retarded changes regarding him (and the relationship of his) as well as the anime as a whole that have been made so far.
I don't know how many times we have to beat this to your head, but aside from notable changes in Alicia's character, most of us simply do not share your perspective on Faldio actually having a relationship with Alicia nor do we share your impatience. You would go so far to blow one single episode out of proportion, and claim sexuality just because Faldio held onto Alicia's undergarments for a few seconds? Really?

On the other hand, Faldio's character remains largely unchanged anyway. You should know this if you played the game at all as you claimed, which, by your comments regarding the last episode, does not seem to be a fact.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-11, 14:49   Link #69
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Question for you Tak:

Never played the game. Hoping to buy it one day...But anyways. Just speculation but what WOULD you do if they changed the show around so much that they ended with AliciaxFaldio?

Would you rage? Would you shrug? Would you simply not care? Or would you join the Dark Side...
Old 2009-05-11, 14:52   Link #70
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
On the other hand, Faldio's character remains largely unchanged anyway. You should know this if you played the game at all as you claimed, which, by your comments regarding the last episode, does not seem to be a fact.

- Tak
l don't recall faldio being a flirty guy in the game.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:57   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l don't recall faldio being a flirty guy in the game.
He doesn't really have any moments like that, though it's just something you can tell from his characteristics in certain scenes. I believe that is what Tak is on about.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:59   Link #72
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Question for you Tak:

Never played the game. Hoping to buy it one day...But anyways. Just speculation but what WOULD you do if they changed the show around so much that they ended with AliciaxFaldio?

Would you rage? Would you shrug? Would you simply not care? Or would you join the Dark Side...
I don't worry about it because it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He doesn't really have any moments like that, though it's just something you can tell from his characteristics in certain scenes. I believe that is what Tak is on about.
Yeah, it wasn't difficult to tell. Faldio had always been pretty smooth. Certainly he was more socially-capable than Welkin.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-11, 14:59   Link #73
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Tak so far as I see you are way too keen on using such terms 'most'. Speak for yourself - not for others. Others can speak for themselves as these are forums.

Faldio's personality change isn't that big to tell the truth but they did increase him being a flirt quite a bit, and I find it a noticeable change compared to original where it wasn't as bad as it is in here. Maybe you should yourself replay the game yourself instead.
Old 2009-05-11, 15:05   Link #74
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Anyways...back to topic here.

Are there any Generals in the Gallian Army? It seems to me that Welkin is the only one who is of use at the moment...

How the hell did they even establish a power base?
Old 2009-05-11, 15:19   Link #75
Father Hentai

There is General Damon on the Gallian side who'se nothing more than a snob and aristocrat.
Old 2009-05-11, 15:23   Link #76
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Tak so far as I see you are way too keen on using such terms 'most'. Speak for yourself - not for others. Others can speak for themselves as these are forums.
They have. You are the one who is turning a blind eye on their disagreements. So far, you have done nothing to contribute to the discussions of the story other than bitching at the changes they have made. Good for you, repeating the same crap over and over again is not going to make much of a point.

But hey, whatever floats your sinking boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Anyways...back to topic here.

Are there any Generals in the Gallian Army? It seems to me that Welkin is the only one who is of use at the moment...

How the hell did they even establish a power base?
While Gallia does have a well established power base on paper based on constitutional monarchy. In reality, the entire government is actually ran by its prime minister, who proved to be rather unlikable as a person.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-11, 20:57   Link #77
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
By Haruhi, the faces Alicia keeps making never fail keeping amusied. I'm still a little bothered by the amount of interaction between Alicia and Faldio though, but I'm still willing to see just how far it goes (and whether the director is screwing himself over in the process), and if Welkin steps up eventually.
Old 2009-05-11, 23:05   Link #78
TrueKnight

It's been informed way back since in the generic thread that Sega and the studio intended the anime to have a love triangle between Alicia x Welkin x Faldio, so Alicia x Faldio interactions are a given and they're here to stay. About how the love triangle will end though, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2009-05-11, 23:33   Link #79
kalbron

No not really. Unless this somehow turns into some far-out alternative universe where girls love people who do... certain things... to them, there is no chance at all of Faldio x Alicia in the end. Ever.

Which is probably why fans of the game think a love triangle is pointless, because it has to be lopsided and result in one conclusion unless they decide to carve out the guts of the storyline and re-write huge portions of it.
Old 2009-05-11, 23:39   Link #80
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
No not really. Unless this somehow turns into some far-out alternative universe where girls love people who do... certain things... to them, there is no chance at all of Faldio x Alicia in the end. Ever.

Which is probably why fans of the game think a love triangle is pointless, because it has to be lopsided and result in one conclusion unless they decide to carve out the guts of the storyline and re-write huge portions of it.
Well, Alicia is due to distribute bread next episode. We will see how that turns out, eh?

Because worst case scenario, soldiers get sick eating her dough.

- Tak

Closed Thread