AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-05, 17:55   Link #841
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I was thinking that Kadota -> Dotachin made sense and, after I looked him up, it makes even more sense. Kida went talking to the only people who could tell him about the yellow scarves (the otaku gang, really wondering how they fit into the grand scheme) and the people in the chat keep saying that Dotachin knows a lot about the urban legends.
And I must retract my earlier guess about the sushi joint being an underground gang related hideout. Apparently it's just expensive (but I still think the otaku gang make a killing by selling collectibles at super high prices).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:02   Link #842
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm in the 2 alien camp also.

Katana wielder = Anri
Knife wielder = Haruna

So we have in the chat:
Setton = Selty
Tarou = Mikado

I'm still betting that
Kanra = Izaya

Could Saita = Haruna?
Old 2010-02-05, 18:10   Link #843
Kunagisa

Haha, I shall concede and say there are two attackers as well.

I'm surprised nobody else mention this. Is it just me, or the guy who held the suitcase in the beginning is that creepy teacher with sunglasses on? If he is that creepy teacher, BOTH ANRI AND HARUNA have reasons to go after him.

Also keep in mind, both the attackers can use sharp edges as their main form of attack, but obviously what's most glaring trait are their glowing red eyes. The attackers are at the very least linked in some way.

Shizuo + Doggie is as awesome as Celty + Alien.

STRONGEST IN IKE:
DOLLARS
Russian Sushi Guy
Vendor Throwing-chan
Weasel Knife
Slashers
Headless Awesomeness
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:15   Link #844
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm still betting that
Kanra = Izaya

Could Saita = Haruna?
But but but Kanra speaks (... Okay, type technically) so, very femininely! ... Ignoring the male voice that narrates the chat though I mean c'mon~! ASCII Emoticons, "wwww", ~, and overall how... Girly-like the statements she says (types)! I'm not sure how the subs translate them but it's on "cute", "female-ish" type! 8'9

And it's not Saita IIRC, either Zaika or Tsumi Uta, however it is read (罪歌) like Shinra said.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:17   Link #845
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For whatever reason I thought these two might be bodyguards of some sort.
Bodyguards of who? And it seem like they're more interested in Seiji+Mysterious Girl X than Mikado.
Old 2010-02-05, 18:18   Link #846
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

"Bang." Am I the only one who thought Eden of the East? lol

Ahhhh~ Kida.
He's so goofy. Him and Mikado make a pretty rad bromance.
But I'm glad that Mikado wasn't so damn passive this time and he actually says something. I think my view on him might change. Or it will be changing in a matter of time

And I want to take that stray dog home ;_;
Great episode as always.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:39   Link #847
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
But but but Kanra speaks (... Okay, type technically) so, very femininely! ... Ignoring the male voice that narrates the chat though I mean c'mon~! ASCII Emoticons, "wwww", ~, and overall how... Girly-like the statements she says (types)! I'm not sure how the subs translate them but it's on "cute", "female-ish" type! 8'9

And it's not Saita IIRC, either Zaika or Tsumi Uta, however it is read (罪歌) like Shinra said.
But he's a troll ! A huge one ! I pretty much expect him to pretend he's a girl on the internet. Kanra was the one bringing up the suicides in episode 1, "she" is also always spreading rumors, etc... it fits Izaya IMO. And I have no idea how it works in kanji, but Kanra is Nakura/Nakra with some letters inverted. Ok, I think I might be looking too much into it here...
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:54   Link #848
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
"Bang." Am I the only one who thought Eden of the East? lol

Nope, I totally thought of that as well.

Ok even if Kida isnt in the Dollars, he was definitely into something before Mikado came. Maybe leader of the Yellow Scarves and now the group is reforming with different ppl so he wouldnt be rec as the lead. Thinking maybe Izaya was in Blue gang which is why Kida is so weird around him.

Girl in hospital definitely ex girl friend but why does Izaya know her?

WTF IS UP WITH SLASHER GIRL?? And yeah reporters daughter.

Chat really screwed me up this time since both chatters near the end sounds like Kida...

This anime is so made of win.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:56   Link #849
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
But he's a troll ! A huge one ! I pretty much expect him to pretend he's a girl on the internet. Kanra was the one bringing up the suicides in episode 1, "she" is also always spreading rumors, etc... it fits Izaya IMO. And I have no idea how it works in kanji, but Kanra is Nakura/Nakra with some letters inverted. Ok, I think I might be looking too much into it here...
Yeah, Kanra was spreading the suicide stuff, trying to meet Tarou offline and called Selty a monster. Then in the last ep said he already met who he wanted to offline. Kanra is also in charge of that chatroom thread apparently.
Old 2010-02-05, 19:10   Link #850
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
But he's a troll ! A huge one ! I pretty much expect him to pretend he's a girl on the internet.
Is it weird to think that this line of reasoning is much more convincing than any other concrete evidences?

Anyways with everything pointing for the theory that Kanra=Izaya, I still can't say much to completely against that. (Have had same suspicion for a while but that girly words. DAT GIRLY WORDS. IT MAKES DIFFERENCE. ... Or maybe not.) I still don't want believe that Izaya would pose like a girl on the net unless he awesome insane trol--

... Oh wait. He is one. What am I thinking, him being normal? D:

Edit: Also @stuopidget even to Anri being one of the red-eyed slashers, and even if the sunglass man is the teacher that still won't explain her reason to attack Certy. I'm still on zero track on why the first slasher attacked Certy for that matter. I take that as if she was already targetting Certy than the man, so... How should I put this... The first slasher and the second, long-haired slasher (Haruna) seems to have different purposes? The first one was much more random, out of the blue and... Just because? :c The second one OTOH obviously targetted the teacher, and it does make sense if it's Haruna.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-02-05 at 19:29.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 19:11   Link #851
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm surprised nobody else mention this. Is it just me, or the guy who held the suitcase in the beginning is that creepy teacher with sunglasses on? If he is that creepy teacher, BOTH ANRI AND HARUNA have reasons to go after him.
Nope, I brought it up as well and one or two other people said that yes, the guy with the suitcase is the same as the teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Chat really screwed me up this time since both chatters near the end sounds like Kida...
Well it should, the narrator also narrates the chats (to an extent anyway) which is what has made it harder to figure out whose chatting.

And the troll was the stalker girl for sure, I'm just wondering how that works since the chat seems to be taking place the same time the episode is, yet stalker girl is missing her head and doesn't seem that enthusiastic about her romance right now.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 19:17   Link #852
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well it should, the narrator also narrates the chats (to an extent anyway) which is what has made it harder to figure out whose chatting.

And the troll was the stalker girl for sure, I'm just wondering how that works since the chat seems to be taking place the same time the episode is, yet stalker girl is missing her head and doesn't seem that enthusiastic about her romance right now.
Ugh I forgot about that too, I swear I thought I heard Shinrai there as well but maybe I was crossing Lelouch with Tamaki

Yeah stalker girl was troll that was obvious.

So if Mika is the stalker and the girl with Seji isnt her cuz so far both Anri and Mikado have seen her...where is Mika and why is Seji going after scar!girl
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 19:27   Link #853
Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I agree that first "Slasher" was probably attacking randomly, but you implied that it was Anri due to the short hair and her reaction with the second meeting between her and the teacher. I disagreed because the first one barley seemed to notice him and went after the first person it saw. It certainly be her but, there not enough evidence aside from the hair.

Okay that's interesting since I didn't notice the other details. Well we see if ends up being red-herring or, not.
ahh. I didn't make myself clear then. What I meant was that Anri didn't seem afriad of creepy teacher which might suggest that she can protect herself. I did not notice that the teacher is the suitcase guy. In that case, it is really a mystery why Anri would want to attack Selty and not him. Random attack? Something against Selty? You did bring up a good point about her being afraid during the bully fight scene. I need to rewatch everything again.

I doubt it is a red herring though. Have a feeling that if I'm reading the novel it would be far more difficult to guess who are the two attackers.

Quote:
Ugh I forgot about that too, I swear I thought I heard Shinrai there as well but maybe I was crossing Lelouch with Tamaki

So if Mika is the stalker and the girl with Seji isnt her cuz so far both Anri and Mikado have seen her...where is Mika and why is Seji going after scar!girl
I think we can presume the worst for Mika the stalker. Somehow, Seiji must have known Selty's head (and fall in love with her?) and somehow Celty's head was transferred to Mika's body.

Last edited by Agony; 2010-02-05 at 19:45.
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:12   Link #854
Project_MkUltra

Guys can you answer me a question in the novel forum (have a thread of it already, I made a new post).

Can't put it here because of possible spoilers.
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:13   Link #855
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Celty's reaction afterward is kind of hilarious and very cute. She is more worried about at the possibility that it was a alien. Sweety, you are the one without a head.
Which makes this part even more funny:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
ahh. I didn't make myself clear then. What I meant was that Anri didn't seem afriad of creepy teacher which might suggest that she can protect herself. I did not notice that the teacher is the suitcase guy. In that case, it is really a mystery why Anri would want to attack Selty and not him. Random attack? Something against Selty? You did bring up a good point about her being afraid during the bully fight scene. I need to rewatch everything again.
I really don't know if that's the case since she did run from him at first sight in ep3 when she was talking to Mikado.

Quote:
I doubt it is a red herring though. Have a feeling that if I'm reading the novel it would be far more difficult to guess who are the two attackers.
Probably, but it's not a really big deal since part of a mystery is figuring a problem using clues and speculation.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:18   Link #856
Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I really don't know if that's the case since she did run from him at first sight in ep3 when she was talking to Mikado.
You are right about that. This gives me a headache.
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:18   Link #857
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Nope, I brought it up as well and one or two other people said that yes, the guy with the suitcase is the same as the teacher.
Totally missed it! My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Edit: Also @stuopidget even to Anri being one of the red-eyed slashers, and even if the sunglass man is the teacher that still won't explain her reason to attack Certy. I'm still on zero track on why the first slasher attacked Certy for that matter. I take that as if she was already targetting Certy than the man, so... How should I put this... The first slasher and the second, long-haired slasher (Haruna) seems to have different purposes? The first one was much more random, out of the blue and... Just because? :c The second one OTOH obviously targetted the teacher, and it does make sense if it's Haruna.
If you ask me, they're both random.

First one just somewhat stabs Certy for no reason obviously, the 2nd one, if she's chasing the creepy guy, at the speed she's moving, she would've caught up to him before even running into the 3 stooges. She really has no reason to slash the 3 stooges either.
Old 2010-02-05, 20:28   Link #858
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony View Post
You are right about that. This gives me a headache.
For what it's worth, the attacks are likely not really random, but probably serve a different purpose then what we expect.

Remember the Slashings were mentioned in episode 3. So they have been happening before Mikado came to the city.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:32   Link #859
Project_MkUltra

I re watched ep 5 again, and now it's obvious that 2 slashers were involved. One has long hair and one has short hair with a skirt that looks like Anri.

Brings up the theory that there's a possible organization/gang involved.
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:35   Link #860
Kunagisa

Quote:

I don't get how is it obvious the troll (the girl with red icon right?) is Mika??

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen