AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-15, 16:55   Link #61
Enmakenryuu

Azuma sounds right to me...if you notice in the anime he has alot of outburts reactions to things...so his voice should sound a tad Whiney...not to much....but enough..so hes the Kind boy who reacts to everything with a slight outburst.
Enmakenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 19:05   Link #62
Furitzuoni
I the great me

Hm Seiyuus is a good topic, beacause Yakitake has many famous ones. Espacially the main charakter with the voice of Kobayashi XD (Tetsunosuke from PMK, Various characters in excel saga.... no not characters she even played herself in a spinoff :rofl:", If you noticed she gave Dan, the brother of tsunade her voice O_o). Also the Examiner has the voice of Koyasu Takehito (Ilparatzo from Excel Saga, Keough from Ragnarok, Aya from Weiß Kreuz and many more o_O"), wich is very famous. This Samurai guy, wich strongly reminds me of Roronoa Zoro from OP o_O", has the voice of Ishizuka Unshou (Zabusa in Naruto, Quent in Wolfs Rain, this Neonfreak in Trigun). And this Baker... he looks not only like Gendo Ikari, he has the same voice, if I ain't wrong XD"""""". The grandpa has the voice of Jaken from Inuyasha, wich is very fitting for old guys^^.
If that's not a promising combo of Seiyuus! So the Anime must match this awesomeness XD. And from what I've seen so far, it should become a great one.
Hope you could follow my words o-O"""", see ya ^^

Last edited by Furitzuoni; 2004-10-16 at 20:42.
Furitzuoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 22:58   Link #63
outlaw97

Having had no exposure to the manga, all I can say is that if this series ever hits American shores, it'll be the bane of everybody who follows the Atkins Diet

I have to admit though, I'm really stretching my suspension of disbelief here with a show about baking. Then again, I didn't think a series about Go could be good either, but I was pretty entertained by that, so hopefully the characters will pull this show together.
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 23:12   Link #64
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Yay, a anime about bread while I'm taking a Pastry program at my college. Ha, I'm so going to check this anime out. I wish I had his magic hands because my pastry products don't turn out too good. The only thing that turned out right was my vanilla ice cream for my apple pie. Heh, I actually know what the chefs were making at the ending and the techniques they used.
Old 2004-10-15, 23:28   Link #65
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furitzuoni
Also the Examiner has the voice of Koyasu Takehito (Ilparatzo from Excel Saga, Iruga from Ragnarok, Aya from Weiß Kreuz and many more o_O")

Kuroyanagi is Ilpalatzzo? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

He's the funniest character in the manga, hands-down! Nice to see a good VA doing his voice.
Old 2004-10-16, 03:01   Link #66
Sledeau

You know, I agreed with the initial reaction to Azuma's voice as other manga readers, but after watching the episode the whole way through, I guess I can get used to it. The voice seems to fit since Azuma can get very excitable.
Sledeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 03:10   Link #67
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
He's the funniest character in the manga, hands-down!
I personally think he's funnier than Pierrot because of his insults.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 04:56   Link #68
Blaat

I loved the first episode, of course that's due to the fact I love bread so I guess I'm biased

So far I'm not complaining about the VA's like many of you do. Then again I haven't read the manga, I probably should though.

Final rhetorical question why does this show need a masked character
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 05:33   Link #69
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Having read the manga and watched the first episode, I find it strange that some would find issues with Azuma's voice. Personally, I think they fit each other since Azuma is hyperenergetic and tends to be a bit coarse ( loud-mouth ) as stereotyped of the rural countryboy coming to the city.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 06:14   Link #70
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Lol that's a good question. Damnit this is not Gundam. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 06:24   Link #71
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Hell, there's alot more than one masked character coming in the future.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:06   Link #72
Kamen Rider H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Kuroyanagi is Ilpalatzzo? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

He's the funniest character in the manga, hands-down! Nice to see a good VA doing his voice.
Hah! That's nothing. Just look what else he's done.
Kamen Rider H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:10   Link #73
ato
Oups...

Just saw the first episode, and I must say that it reminds me a lot of "Cooking Master Boy". This might be down to the food genre dough

Since finding decent bread in Japan is far from easy, one might hope that a manga/anime series like this can create some interest in baking things other than "air and sugar" creations among the youngsters. Did anyone watch the baking scenes during the ED? What was that thing?

Gonna give it a few episodes, but I hope it doesn't end up with an endless string of "victories" like in CMB. Nothing turns me off more than an unbeatable hero
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 09:10   Link #74
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider H
Holy, that's quite a resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol that's a good question. Damnit this is not Gundam. ^^
I want to give you a rep for this (but need to spread it around)! XD

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-10-16 at 10:58. Reason: because I can!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 10:05   Link #75
AnimeFangirl

Hmm, the anime is actually pretty good. I think I might watch some more. Azuma's voice bothered me at first, but I think I could get used to it in time. However his whole "Oooh, I'm so excited, I won't lose!" went on a little too long, I think with Azuma, less is more. I'm going to give this one a chance, I think it will work out just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I personally think he's funnier than Pierrot because of his insults.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider H
Mwu La Flaga? Zechs Merquis? Hotohori?? KEIKI!! Wow, that's an impressive resume he has there!
Old 2004-10-16, 11:37   Link #76
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
However his whole "Oooh, I'm so excited, I won't lose!" went on a little too long, I think with Azuma, less is more.
That stuff kinda put me off a little bit. The anime just seems to be pushing a little too far with the flashing backgrounds and glowing hands and spinning around and stuff. Enough already, just show us some Tsukino.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 12:41   Link #77
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Also the Examiner has the voice of Koyasu Takehito (Ilparatzo from Excel Saga, Iruga from Ragnarok, Aya from Weiß Kreuz and many more o_O")
Eh?

No, I'm sure he didn't do Iruga's voice...Iruga's VA is the same VA that did Zoro's(One Piece) and Mugen's(Samurai Champloo) voices...and Koroyanagi's voice doesn't sound like Zoro's voice to me <.<
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 15:30   Link #78
Mithel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
That stuff kinda put me off a little bit. The anime just seems to be pushing a little too far with the flashing backgrounds and glowing hands and spinning around and stuff. Enough already, just show us some Tsukino.
Bah. Too little flash, spining, and crazy-go-nuts if you ask me.
Mithel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 20:45   Link #79
Furitzuoni
I the great me

Oh my hands were faster than my head. He has Spoken KEOUGH from Ragnarok (sry^^). Iruga is spoken by the guy who dubs Rorona Zoro o_O"""
Furitzuoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 00:16   Link #80
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel
Bah. Too little flash, spining, and crazy-go-nuts if you ask me.
I cannot explain it well. The thing with Yakitate Japan series, it's about food, you cannot really tell what the food taste like to the viewer or manga reader, so they try to describe a bread taste made by Azuma with images and visuals.

So basically what happen in episode 1, is because he made a bread which is an european food and ate with nato and miso soup which is asian/japanese food. It was a particular kind of bread combination that makes both different food style can go along together in balance and taste really good. When his grandpa took a bite, it taste like an european priest and a japanese elder holding a nato bread together ^^ and other series of images which I have no clue what, including the surfing on a miso soup. XD

That's what happen when you ate one of Azuma's bread. I don't know, maybe someone can explain it better with the flash and backgrounds. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-10-17 at 00:43.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote