2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-01, 04:29   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Log Horizon - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Log Horizon, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-02-01, 08:10   Link #2
Avaricia
My Lord

9:43 = Man with a Mission cameo
Old 2014-02-01, 09:02   Link #3
bones

I think Krusty just outshone Shiroe as Evil Glasses.
Old 2014-02-01, 09:28   Link #4
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
As expected, as soon as they rolled out Lenessia, it became easy to mobilise the adventurers who looked upon this as an in-game event.
Old 2014-02-01, 09:28   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I was a bit surprised when Lenessia changed clothes. I thought having her as the iconic princess in her ball gown would have inflamed the passions of the Adventurers even more than having her appear in Adventurer garb. Having her wear the latter makes her claim that she intends to fight the goblins a bit more convincing, but I would think having her appear as a helpless beautiful princess before the assembled crowd might have been even more effective.

I don't recall seeing much of the dark-haired woman who appears to be Crusty's aide-de-camp. I felt a twinge of jealousy in her conversation with Lenessia.
Old 2014-02-01, 09:49   Link #6
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't recall seeing much of the dark-haired woman who appears to be Crusty's aide-de-camp. I felt a twinge of jealousy in her conversation with Lenessia.
she is one of people who gone with them to meet the nobles.
if my memory is right she was with him with they show Crusty for first time in anime

and I think it's not jealousy but she just talk to her like NPC.
it's like Naotsugu said -> the higher level you are the harder for you to view NPC as human
example:
older player see same damn repair NPC every day = so used to treat him same as wall.
->visit npc -> repair > leave without talking = no wonder no one notice that they are same as human in this world
(and the fact the are using game interface is not helping)
Old 2014-02-01, 10:36   Link #7
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
she is one of people who gone with them to meet the nobles.
if my memory is right she was with him with they show Crusty for first time in anime

and I think it's not jealousy but she just talk to her like NPC.
it's like Naotsugu said -> the higher level you are the harder for you to view NPC as human
example:
older player see same damn repair NPC every day = so used to treat him same as wall.
->visit npc -> repair > leave without talking = no wonder no one notice that they are same as human in this world
(and the fact the are using game interface is not helping)
Or she simply feels that Raynesia is likely to do something before thinking it through (as we have seen her to have a habit of doing lately), and wanted to make sure she does not do that.

For the most part it was fairly decent episode.
But again i felt like Raynesia's speech was less impressive than it was in the novels (content might have changed a bit as well, though i would have to check to be sure).
Shiroe's speech seemed more obvious in egging adventurers to act than it was in the novels (don't think he added "if we care only about ourselves" in the LN, which makes it so much more obvious he is trying to manipulate people).
And the landers seemed lot less spooked about Occypete than they were in the novels.

It was a good episode, but the novel just had more impact.
And the picture of the armor i had of the valkyrie armor was lot more impressive than what they had in the anime (that helmet was just weird), but i guess that's always an issue when taking a book and trying to make pictures of it.
Old 2014-02-01, 10:59   Link #8
The Green One

Well now we've reached the main event, for all those who want action, you'll like the next episode.... heh heh heh.....
Old 2014-02-01, 11:05   Link #9
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
It's a good build-up from last week's episode, and I have to say good job to both Krusty and Shiroe, although I like the latter's idea of cladding Princess Raynesia with Valkyrie armor, while having his shiny scary glasses staring right at her.

Still, it was a good execution!
Old 2014-02-01, 11:08   Link #10
Ultragunner

Beware, the "Berserker" has come

Spoiler for I feel sorry for those goblins now:

About the Dark-haired woman (I believe her name is Misa, can anyone remind me? ), she's like the second-in-command of D.D.D, or at least Crusty's direct and most trusted subordinate .

In real life, I wouldn't be surprised if Crusty is from a rich, powerful and distinguished family (heck, he can be a successful CEO ), while the girl is his maid or secretary

Spoiler for Classes:

According to this, it seems she's a Bard that has offensive build, she's even wielding a super cool scythe

P.S: Souji is taking Crusty's place at the palace now, but poor Nazuna
Old 2014-02-01, 11:24   Link #11
DQueenie13

I swear, the only thing I'll be looking at this episode are those Magic Lights.
>When Krusty tells Raynesia that coming here was her idea, they nod
>They watch whoever speaks
>All those facial expressions

Those Lander girls left Krusty for Souji!!

OH MY GOD THAT WEST WIND BRIGADE. They look so angry!! And then Souji turns with bishie sparkles and they're all fawning over him.

Raynesia can actually run in that dress ...

Still wondering why those subs call her 'Lenessia', they definitely don't read the source material ...

Wait, what are Crescent Moon kids doing in Charasin's warehouse? Are they having like, a get-together because their guild masters are friends?

Maybe if I waited like, 6 more seconds, I wouldn't have asked. And is the symbol on the wrapping Crescent Moon's guild symbol?

THAT SIGN. "Peek and Be Sent to the Cathedral." Man, I want one ...

Those Magic Lights are so cute.

I'm liking the detail they put into the Adventurer gear. They're not bland-looking for background characters.

The light summoning was actually pretty cool-looking. I'd like to strike a pose like that and summon a magical beam of light for a princess.

If I were Raynesia, I'd probably pass out. I can't do large crowds for my life.

All that blushing.

All that excitement.

Rezarick and Shigeru just appeared out of nowhere.
Old 2014-02-01, 11:34   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ahahaha, the band members of Man with a Mission (the guys who sing the OP song database) are in the episode lol

Old 2014-02-01, 11:44   Link #13
HandofFate

Not really sure why they had to make such a big scene for the Princess to request help.

I mean, do the adventurers really need a reason not to? It looks like everyone is still 'playing' and hunting and grew accustomed to it. By now, I'm sure even the most cautious adventurers are bored of just eating burgers everyday now. I think most would have joined anyway out of boredom.
Old 2014-02-01, 11:45   Link #14
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

The Lander girls weren't the only ones showing their attention on the WWB. The Lander lads were also hitting on Hisako and Isami while Nazu-nee, Dolce and Olive were fretting over Soujicchi's new harem =3

I swear, be it TTRPG or an electronic game, I'd probably take any magic-using class just to play with those wisps <3 (wisp love +10~)

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-02-01 at 11:55.
Old 2014-02-01, 11:55   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not really sure why they had to make such a big scene for the Princess to request help.

I mean, do the adventurers really need a reason not to? It looks like everyone is still 'playing' and hunting and grew accustomed to it. By now, I'm sure even the most cautious adventurers are bored of just eating burgers everyday now. I think most would have joined anyway out of boredom.
maybe but do you want to leave something this important to chance?

Shiroe and Krusty were stacking the deck to make sure the outcome was the one they wanted.

Edit" you got to love the tag team bullying by the masters of the Order of the Scheming Glasses

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2014-02-01 at 12:23.
Old 2014-02-01, 12:22   Link #16
tsunade666

EPIC EPISODE!!! TOTAL BASED CHARACTERS!!!

The call for war makes my blood boils

while the crappy animation like distorted eyes and head makes me cringe. Everything in the animation spell bad to mediocre at best -_-

Berserker Crusty will show its BAD BIG AXE next episode.

It also looks like. Shiroe change his staff.
Old 2014-02-01, 12:34   Link #17
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

1- out of boredom = if you lose interesting = you leave
(specially with pug raid)

2-they don't want to be people of land side kick = no player will respect them which -> lead them to ignore round guilds entirely
(NPC was demanding them to help them in rude way -> if they accept ->it will put them in very low position against people of land and losing thrust and respect of players )

princess answer was for her to just ask player directly -> she though only 1~10 player will join her -> of course shiro connect everyone before they arrive and summon most higher level guilds and players to join the raid

princess begging asking us to join raid? = Big OK

fat ass demanding you to fight for him for free while badmouthing you == **** ***!
Old 2014-02-01, 13:28   Link #18
Dark Wing

Oh wow I'm so freaking hyped for the next episode!

Let the battle blood bath begin! Stain the countryside with the blood of the goblin scum! Yes KILL'EM ALL! Crusty-sama!
Old 2014-02-01, 13:54   Link #19
The Green One

Having her put on the Valkyrie mail was to play up the visual aspect and to accentuate her beauty. You could see members of the audience were awestruck by her. This captured and held their attention and her honest, passionate, and heartfelt plea for aid is what lit the fire in their hearts. Cmon now, lets be honest here, if you had been standing there could you have refused that adorable princess? I doubt it.

So it's all part of Shiroe's plan to sell the presentation to the audience.
Old 2014-02-01, 14:25   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Having her put on the Valkyrie mail was to play up the visual aspect and to accentuate her beauty. You could see members of the audience were awestruck by her. This captured and held their attention and her honest, passionate, and heartfelt plea for aid is what lit the fire in their hearts. Cmon now, lets be honest here, if you had been standing there could you have refused that adorable princess? I doubt it.

So it's all part of Shiroe's plan to sell the presentation to the audience.
IOW: Sex Sells