AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-12, 02:14   Link #1921
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Reading this topic, you'd think the world ended because a guy wanted to continue his story or something.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 02:31   Link #1922
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's not that he wanted to continue the story. It's that there were tons of breaks inbetween. If the chapters just stop in the middle of an arc for several months repeatedly of course that is going to annoy the readers.

Heck, even Ritz probably releases on a more regular basis than Togashi.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 02:32   Link #1923
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay then. You'd think the world ended because there were a ton of breaks or something.
Old 2015-10-03, 10:01   Link #1924
noktown

Just re-watched the 2011 series, damn you Togashi, I need moar
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 10:37   Link #1925
Ladiusman

Well, this thread suddenly came back from the grave. This also makes me remember that Bastard!! is still on hiatus too....urghhh.

And a reminder that more than one year has passed since Togashi last published a chapter.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 11:57   Link #1926
LevelSeven

and i thought because this thread showed up that MAYBE someone has news about the ending of the endless break of togashi :/ damn... i shouldnt begin hoping in the first place :'(
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 08:48   Link #1927
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Nope but we already concluded that Hunter X Hunter is a failure project and yes, it was completely failed.

Without any news from Togashi, i can expect that he could be purposedly lost his contact or any else to vanish himself from world of manga a while or permanently.

This means Togashi already four years Missing In Action in total from manga world.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 10:09   Link #1928
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Who is this 'we' you speak of? And barely understand what you're saying. Maybe that's not your fault if you're not that good at Enhlish
Old 2015-10-21, 07:22   Link #1929
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Nope but we already concluded that Hunter X Hunter is a failure project and yes, it was completely failed.

Without any news from Togashi, i can expect that he could be purposedly lost his contact or any else to vanish himself from world of manga a while or permanently.

This means Togashi already four years Missing In Action in total from manga world.
Sorry to bump this again, but Togashi has taken long breaks before during the beginning of Chimera ant, yet he still finished it, so I assume he will resume at some point.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 11:21   Link #1930
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Manga stores declared HxH as finished (due to its irregular publication) though.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 14:09   Link #1931
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Manga stores declared HxH as finished (due to its irregular publication) though.
if we exclude the new-world-prologue than it seems pretty finished for me with a few open ends like kurapikas goal :/
Old 2015-10-22, 03:21   Link #1932
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Calling it a failure just because the stores decided to call it complete is a bit much though. First of all, more money can be made selling things as a complete set, especially since no new volumes are going to be coming out any time son.

This has less to do with HxH being a so-called "failure" and more to do with stores wanting to make more money out of something that has run out of steam since most people who are interested in the volumes already own them.
Old 2015-10-23, 00:20   Link #1933
Kazu-kun

I still wonder why he just didn't end the series after Gon met Gin. That was the perfect stopping point as meeting Gin was Gon's long standing goal and motivation. If he wanted to write further after that he could have started a sequel or something.

I think that would have worked for the better for everyone.
Old 2015-10-23, 04:28   Link #1934
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I still wonder why he just didn't end the series after Gon met Gin. That was the perfect stopping point as meeting Gin was Gon's long standing goal and motivation. If he wanted to write further after that he could have started a sequel or something.

I think that would have worked for the better for everyone.
yeah, i thought this too, afterall the MC had reached his goal and met his father, a open ending like in the anime, exspecially since the new-world-arc seems to focus on leorio and kurapika + other side chars,
it would have been better if he simply stopped there and took a hiatus for the "nevercoming sequel" :/
Old 2015-10-23, 18:20   Link #1935
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Stop topping this thread and giving me hope.

Calling H x H a failure under any circumstances is absurd, much less because of some arbitrary and meaningless third-party marketing statement. The series has sold massive amounts of volumes, inspired two long-running and successful TV series, a musical, and two theatrical films. It's nothing remotely close to a failure.

As to why Togashi didn't choose to finish, presumably it's because he has a lot more story to tell - and Dark Continent has the makings of a blockbuster story. Obviously he never plans to get derailed by health issues and be forced onto hiatus - I'm sure he keeps going because he believes he'll finish the story.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-23, 20:57   Link #1936
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As to why Togashi didn't choose to finish, presumably it's because he has a lot more story to tell - and Dark Continent has the makings of a blockbuster story.
Yeah, but the main premise was done, so this new arc could have been written as a sequel or spin-off.
Old 2015-10-24, 01:49   Link #1937
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not sure what difference that would make. But maybe that's just a personal thing.
Old 2015-10-24, 04:48   Link #1938
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yeah, but the main premise was done, so this new arc could have been written as a sequel or spin-off.
But Hunter x Hunter x Hunter is too much of a mouthful...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 05:37   Link #1939
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
they could call it : Hunter x Hunter: World beyond the Horizon (and in short: HxHWH)
Old 2015-10-24, 16:34   Link #1940
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Pft, there are longer titles out there.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain