AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-29, 13:20   Link #2061
Sacredus

If Touma would end with index I will never again read anything from Kamachi-sensei... And you know, who cares when character is introduced, best girl should win (alteast in CSR best girl had won...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
You should! Tell me what your impression after read all of it ^_^
Sure.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:21   Link #2062
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Seriously people are over-rating Misaki. There's still hype over her like there is with Othinus & Will-san right now... In terms of best developed female characters, Misaki can't compete at all. She has nothing on most of the major female characters. There is a reason why Mikoto is so universally popular all of the time except to certain people on this forum... Even Index has much better character development than Misaki does.

It is likely Touma won't end up with anyone, but if he does end up with anyone, I'm sure it will either be Mikoto or Index...
Which is the reason why the hype and fans of Misaki isn't giving up yet. She is NOT YET DEVELOPED or she still has that MYSTERY of hers.

We know she has connections with touma from the past but what is that connection?

that connection and mystery is her charm for the people to not give up.

And if its ending up with anyone.

I'm betting on Index.

Index is a wasted character but she is still an anchor of Kamijou from the past and present though the connection is loose lately. It still won't be enough to break the bonds of those two.

Even if its familial bonds. Its still a strong bond that will never break.
Old 2014-01-29, 13:22   Link #2063
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Seriously people are over-rating Misaki. There's still hype over her like there is with Othinus & Will-san right now... In terms of best developed female characters, Misaki can't compete at all. She has nothing on most of the major female characters. There is a reason why Mikoto is so universally popular all of the time except to certain people on this forum... Even Index has much better character development than Misaki does.

Othinus has one volume that is amazing, but there is no way it's going to be OTP this is obvious. We still have an entire series worth of events that aren't artificial to consider. And these events weren't trying to kill Kamijou all of the time (always...).

So personally, I like the OTP pairing but don't think it has a chance at all. I don't think the Misaki-Touma pairing has any chance at all either.

It is likely Touma won't end up with anyone, but if he does end up with anyone, I'm sure it will either be Mikoto or Index...

Edit: the point of last volume was to shake Touma's relationships with his friends when he got back. Now this has happened. So I have to reserve judgement until the end of NT 10. But I think we'll have a much better idea of where things stand then... Right now, every friendship he has is in extreme limbo...
Y kinda right about it. Well, we don't know what kind of new character Kamachi prepared for us. But i think we need badass male ... or show us #6 already (hope it Aogami) Yea... or at least ... give some minor character like Himegami (man I only see her a little in NT) some role already
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:25   Link #2064
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I'm anxious to Touma vs Accelerator round 3, but this time the Shiro-chan will not be an idiot who has never had a serious struggle in life (1) and is not crazy(2).
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:26   Link #2065
dragon1412

this is not a problem of obvious or not, rather depth of character, Othinus and Touma so far show that they possessed similar mentality and this is also the 1st time Touma attempt to reach an understanding with another character rather than just going to save them and use his ideal to speak to others, he received pain, questioned himself as well as Othinus, the entire volume is Touma development and the final answer directly tied to Othinus - this is the reason why this is the main ship rather than just an Othinus book.
The same issue goes for Misaki, people like her because so far, Misaki so action that is differ from other harem girls and actively avoid showing Touma her face and she have the potential to have a very deep story due to her ability related to mental control rather than just having Touma going into a fight and save the day like usual, Mikoto in NT so far is replacing Index role as Touma helper in NT in most opinion. Mikoto have trust in Touma, but not understanding where he come from, why do he does that, this is why most people said Mikoto ship sunk because of Othinus who is capable of reaching that understanding.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:28   Link #2066
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I'm anxious to Touma vs Accelerator round 3, but this time the Shiro-chan will not be an idiot who has never had a serious struggle in life (1) and is not crazy(2).
He will be shot down by Will before he even start. Considering that Will can gain access to Misaka Network that help Accelerator to use his power.
Old 2014-01-29, 13:32   Link #2067
cleed

I'm I the only one rooting for a harem end? Touma deserves it as what he went through this series. while at the same time it will be guaranteed for him to still have his misfortune.
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 13:33   Link #2068
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
I'm I the only one rooting for a harem end? Touma deserves it as what he went through this series. while at the same time it will be guaranteed for him to still have his misfortune.
considering what your avi is, lol.

Delta Force's duo (Tsuchimikado and Aogami) support you all the way
Old 2014-01-29, 13:56   Link #2069
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Never a fan of Harem story.

Though I approve of harem end for tenchi series but not gxp. I can't think of other series where I approve of harem end >_> I always had a certain ship I ride on.
Old 2014-01-29, 13:58   Link #2070
Necorum

Don't sure how links will work

Spoiler for My reaction:

Touma [options]:
1. "Eh?! Damn it! Damn it!! Arghhh, such misfortune!!!"
2. "STOP DESTROYING A MAN’S DREAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!"
3. "I will destroy your illusion!!!!!!!"
Necorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 14:06   Link #2071
Acer
Death to the infidels!

friend I really feel the same as you, but if the gods of the forum "moderators" see the pictures you posted, you will be banned.

ps: Touma deserves a cult.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 14:07   Link #2072
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necorum View Post
Don't sure how links will work

Spoiler for My reaction:
That's hilarirous....!!
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 14:18   Link #2073
runset

This is the video by MAD which represent the story in NT9
10000/10

runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 14:36   Link #2074
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-snip-
It's a real damn mess to read, but yeah, I think you're mostly right on the part that caused the auto-destruction.
Old 2014-01-29, 16:45   Link #2075
LG-MAX

fuck yeah, my favorite volume of this series. now will be torture waiting for the next.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 17:01   Link #2076
Draco Spirit

Spoiler for Will Speach:

So.. seems Will going for the "you can trust and rely on me no matter what" angle

On a less shippy note, Will seems the most likely person(s) to help turn things around for Touma in NT 10.

Directly

All the Sisters, including Last Order and Worse (and Worse is a pretty strong fighter tbh)

Slightly less directly

Accelerator - Will can shut him down if she really wants too, personally I'm going for Accelerator to be boss fight one and it to end with something to that effect! Also bringing Accelerator into Team Touma pretty early will mean someone who can fight all those saints is involved >.<

Misaki - See Railgun... but really she being hanging around the edge of the main plot for ages and she must serve a purpose >.<

Mikoto - all her little sisters telling her that Touma's support of Othinus is right is likely to have a effort!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 17:41   Link #2077
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

...so everything has already been said, huh?

What can I say? What kind of review can I write to express how much this volume became my favourite one out of the current New Testament out?

First, let's read those lines:
Quote:
Okay, everyone. It’s time to see a truly lovestruck blonde-haired, green-eyed goddess.
And reflect on their meaning.

More seriously, this volume deserved every last bit of hype it received. Kamachi really delivered here. My only regret is that I read the spoilers, but oh well, third time's a charm?

This three part finale of the GREMLIN saga has been, in a lot of ways, an anti-World War 3 Arc.

First, in NT 8, when GREMLIN, learning from Fiamma's mistakes, used Genre Savvyness to ensure that people will not unite in a common goal and recreate the 'miracle' at the climax of WWIII.

Now, in NT 9, especially the prologue, many elements of Volume 22 have been inverted, subverted, and adverted. After his repeated defeats at the hands of Othinus, Kamijou has a second wind...but still lose (compare how many times he was beaten by Fiamma before winning. And there is the whole comparision with Touma's goal. He entered WWIII for the sake of one girl, it just so happened that the world went along with it beecause their goal of putting down Fiamma matched his. Now, Touma goes against the world for the sake of one girl.

I really like the character development Touma got, and I really hope we get to see that crop up again. The afterword gives me hope that that's the case. About Othinus, it's good that she actually feels more like a character now. She's someone we readers can actually give a shit about now, even if we may not be quite sure whether to see her as sympathetic or not. She's no longer this ''outside context boss'' as many here and elsewhere saw her as, and not only did she get motivations and backstory (in one volume, no less), readers also got something that many of them wshed for a long time: Character Development for Touma.

Touma has been shown as what he is in all his glory: a perfect example of someone not limited by ideals and outside structures such as religion or duty. His heroic nature is not derived from some outside preconceived notion of what a hero is "supposed" to do. Aiwass said it, Touma cares less about such concepts as good and evil that simply doing what he considers the right thing to do. Throughout the novels, he fights pitched battles against various enemies only turn around and extend his hand to them in their time of need. I think that, in a way, Touma unconciously didn't realize it, that his actions were selfish rather than selfless.

But for that to happen, for Touma to realize he can be selfish, he had to go through hell.

He had to become similar to Rika Furude, going through countless worlds where he is tortured physically or mentally, stabbed, eaten, blown up, killed, in hopes of one day breaking the cycle and reach the peaceful days of his everyday life once again.

He had to become similar to Battler Ushiromiya, fighting an overwhelming opponent with few weapon at his disposal, watch his loved ones dying or killing him, having an identity crisis, all so he can save them all and rejoin them.

He had to become similar to Homura Akemi, forced to watch his friends constantly die, or turn into strangers he no longer recognize, and faced with his inability to change the fate of people around him, including his own.

He had to become similar to Okabe Rintarou, being put through hell in countless worlds, made worse by the fact that all the damage is known by him, simply so he could win once.

He had to become similar to Archer, being an idealistic crusader with a credo to save everyone, losing everything in the process, while gaining nothing but scorn and losing his friends and everything he cares about, as well losing his life by being betrayed by the very people he saved.

In a sense, Touma actively fought to go beyond the role of protagonist. And instead, in the end, he has earned it.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 17:51   Link #2078
mark1246

Now that I've read ALL OF volume NT9, i can actually share my opinion >.<, and feel free to reply, i like to hear other people thoughts , also if there something I said, and someone say, "we explain that a while ago", sorry i have not read the previous post and i will when i time to do so, just want to get my thoughts clear out since i Finnish reading, thank you

PS: if you can ask why i did't but some text in the spoiler tag, is the MAC don't like to work with 3rd-4th party utilities so it never work for me, sorry

" So after reading Volume NT9, I have agree with the majority that this volume was Pretty Damn good, not my favorite but good overall. I have to say that Kamachi Made Othinus A TOTAL BITCH, and when I mean a Bitch i mean she WAS TOTALLY EVIL. In term of Writing Media, When you write and I mean plain text and make character so evil and despicable that YOU FEEL YOU EITHER UNDERSTAND HER AND OH JUST FUCKING HATE FOR TO NO END, that when you created a character with a motive and personality, so good on you Kamachi. In Short, I did like the fights, despite it being totally unfair and the volume is good, but i have 2 question if people can answer

1. I know when touma was about to die or close to death, Othinus would revert to a new Phase, in the last fight, did touma technically die? It said he did have some cell but i couldn't understand that one part because i thought you can't revive the dead back since we got the clarify from touma about the spell when he was talking to Will-san. And seeing touma back in his world make me think it either he was dead but needed to revive like we see in those operator room with the Electric Pads or seomthing else, please explain if you know?

2. Is this the same original world touma in now or is it a little bit different ( and when i mean different I don't mean only Othinus and Touma knowing what has happen), i didn't quite get the index part where touma was shock she was saying? they were at the part in NT8 where they were about to fight her, so index & company would act like this. Did people get this and please explain this to me, cause i was kinda of confuse thank you

but can we consider this the first actual villain to win in the Toaru verse. Despite EVERYTHING i said about Othinus, she did win overall, which i give my freaking respect to. I still going by my notion that i don't like her character that much and what her overall goal. BUT MAN SHE BEAT EVERYONE AND WON (in a sense), So until the Next Toaru villain we see, (hoping a teenage boy) Othinus is the MOST powerful villain to date. ONE more thing, I TOTALLY LOVE THE PART IN THE END, WHERE SHE ACCEPT DEATH, all she could do is complain "oh come on people, this is gonna take forever to kill". Even in the end she act Stubborn and intolerance, man was trooper and Bitch, cause this a guilty pleasure or so but I just someone to JUSt fight Othinus and beat the crap out of her and see her inner Dialouge like "Im became a magical god, SO HOW IS THIS HUMAN BEATING ME..WHY,WHY!!!

thank you everyone and see you all in April-may

In future Vol, this is fanfic territory but i hope that touma Has an EPIC MOMENT OF FIGHT THE NEXT VILLAIN. Because despite him fighting Othinus, WE ALL KNEW in the begining of the novel, he had no freaking chance winning thought he did win in the end because of Othinus change of heart (there some of your good luck for you pal), I want to him to wail on someone in the most epic fight scene ever.

But here hoping vol 10 is gonna be a hell of a fight, cause that comment that the author made in the "Afterword" section made HOPING it gonna be awesome.

Spoiler for Side note for HELPING PASS THE TIME:

Side note: Now looking at the track record of kamachi release LN novel in Januray judging on Kamachi track record, we should have the next volume between the next 3-4 months , yes, I will agree with you people that is a long time , but here are some simple tips that can help you past the time, because holy crap it almost the end of january and i didn't even notice

*If you like anime, well were in the Winter season and HOLY crap there a lot of good anime to watch to pass the time and since there 4.3 weeks in a month, you guys can do the math . The Spring anime list.......well it people preference what they like, me only 3-4 anime gonna watch since the list is ehh.

*If your a gamer, and have the ps4 or XBO (and the other console) your in LUCK. In feb you have CastleVania LOS2, FF13-3(which both are long) and Wolf among us, March for all your ps4 owner INFAMOUS SECOND SON!, good game for the 3ds,vita, Shovel Knight, FF10 HD....oh MGS5 kinda. April and may are kinda dead month, so let hope it out in April
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 17:51   Link #2079
Flere821
Lurker

Well, NT9 was quite a ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Also can't wait to see 'WTF's face of all Touma's ally in the next volume. Of all people, Touma is the one that fall to the dark side. XD
If this was a more lighthearted situation, I fully expect Mikoto+Index+Birdway to snark relentlessly that Touma's luck with girls have gone to an absurd level

On another note, Kamachi once said the antagonists of Indexverse are reflections of Touma - for example, Aureolus as a 'failed' Touma. So Othinus is basically (selfish)Touma as a blonde little girl? [shipper]I didn't know Touma was a narcissist[/shipper]

EDIT: @ Boss rush: Loki, and possibly Hel at least, isn't likely to be defeated. It's not going to be a 'Touma (alone) vs the World' scenario next volume, even if we write off Othinus as combat capable.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 18:06   Link #2080
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
*If your a gamer, and have the ps4 or XBO (and the other console) your in LUCK. In feb you have CastleVania LOS2, FF13-3(which both are long) and Wolf among us, March for all your ps4 owner INFAMOUS SECOND SON!, good game for the 3ds,vita, Shovel Knight, FF10 HD....oh MGS5 kinda. April and may are kinda dead month, so let hope it out in April
Man, no mention of Watch_Dogs, shame on you mark
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite hell