AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-07, 13:16   Link #2781
Birdway
Banned

Or could be an on going ritual that used her eye as catalyst and now needs to stop/negate/and it.
Old 2014-04-07, 13:32   Link #2782
LazyHunter

The eye makes a lot of sense considering Othinus=Odin, as Odin was famous for sacrificing an eye to Mimir's well in exchange of wisdom. I think even Thor mentioned that Othinus had sacrificed her eye to become a Magic God again when he was talking with Touma. So if Othinus gets back her eye from the well she stops being a Magic God and thus her fairy status won't kill her.

Wonder if Tsuchimikado could help Touma get a ride to Denmark.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2014-04-07 at 13:42.
Old 2014-04-07, 13:39   Link #2783
Birdway
Banned

Tsuchimikado needs to stay dead until HA calms down so I don't see him appearing to help.

Also, how many times has he helped Touma without being business his reason?
Old 2014-04-07, 13:57   Link #2784
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Exclamation

So I'm writing this on the treAdmill so forgive any blatant writing errors

Anyway, to make some things clear:

Touma is liked as second favorite LN protagonist because in terms of novels filled with ideas he is more interesting than a normal shonen chAracter that doesn't usuLly hVe any sort of sophisticated reason for thinking what he thinks. Touma was literally created with imagine breaker in mind as a reference point because his personality isn't supposed to change much no matter what he goes through. That's IMO why he has imagine breaker. His personality even though it can adapt so much, is mainly with the same basic remnants for doing what he does. This should make sense.

People, many pepos who have either outgrown shonen and who prefer older material as well want realistic characters who aren't hax but win through realistic ways using simple tricks. Touma wins every time partly because of plot armor, but for people who like him it isn't a problem. The one thing you've also got wrong is that kamachi sets up the story rather perfectly. So it's not like kamijou wins when he isn't supposed to. It's just that the fantasy world itself is built in such a way with kamachis extreme genius that seems to let kamijou Touma overcome everything in his way. In this case, people like it because it's well written. If you don't like Touma it might annoy you because you don't like preaching. But, regardless of how you feel. If you put cognitive biases aside that affect how you approach screens involving a certain character because you hate him or her, after doing that you realize that he uses legitimate battle strategies to win his battles. You shouldn't complain.

Also, as of volume 20ish Touma started using his imagine breaker to deflect powers that are too strong. That was a new technique and a cool one btw. His dragon has appeared so few times that not that many people think it is going to be constantly invoked to solve things. When it comes out, there will be a good reason for it.

Touma also finished off his opponents with a high school punch because he's done it a lot so for one he's gotten quite good at it by now and two because most magicians have weak constitutions other than the fact that they can use super powerful spells.

They have weak bodies physically because they normally never get hit that easily physically because only one person in the world has toumas current generation of that particular power of the imagine breaker, and they would lose anyway in one hit normally so it wouldn't matter if they built up their physique. All in all since no one knew much about Touma before four months ago, no one has that many amazing countermeasures against him except maybe orianna.

Given the setting, I'm guessing othinus or Touma will die. Though I don't think Touma will come back if he dies again. I honestly now know Touma isn't essential to the plot so he might die. The possibility does exist... Othinus might die as well considering the setting of this story lol.

I owner about Denmark but it makes me wonder about which play this is referring to. If that castle is the castle of who I think it is. Everyone is screwed.

Also guess what guys, I'm going to be in japan as of May 5th so I will buy this one when it comes out. I get to increase oricon sales yay!

Anyway, I hope this book is haunting like the summary suggests it will be.

I want to point out that Touma uses a lot of brilliant moves to win. The reason many people hate him is that people hate people that have to work hard to win and then are able to say, look I worked hard to win you should try harder too.

It's not like the villains he was facing were retarded. They were super powerful. Just. It against him. That was the point. He's strong in index verse because of how people think and operate here generally. I like all of the ideas surrounding him.

I like Touma fighting because it is usually interesting and because I like the symbolic win of him by punching out other people now so I'm used to that nostalgic feel just like playing a new legend of Zelda game by Nintendo. And it's a great feeling for people who understand how hard it is to actually succeed when you're weak.

It's really easy for a strong protagonist to win and much harder for a weak protagonist.

That's why people like Touma and his speeches. They're morally charged and interesting. For people who like idealism and the sort and interesting ideas this series is their thing. There are also people who like character development. By the point of index is to creAte interesting scenarios and amazing ideas so it doesn't really matter that much at all to people if Touma changes his character or not. If he doesn't it can just make things more interesting sometimes.

I will never agree Touma fights uncreatively because it just isn't true. He always uses a trick to win in the situation. In a way, it is slightly similar to kirito except kirito is stronger in general than him.

Some aspects of him are unrealistic but the reason he's that way is obviously because of imagine breaker which is why it's interesting.

Lastly, (still on treadmill) Espers are messed up thought wise and so are magic users because of their powers. This should apply the strongest to Touma because of how symbolic and important imagine breaker is as a power. So by all Rights he should have a messed up and unique personality. A reference point doesn't really change that much, and it's likely why Touma doesn't change much as well. I expect this to get revealed soon enough and explicitly stated out for people who didn't notice this yet, like the people who didn't realize by nt9 why Touma was helping people out.

Kamachi will keep on doing it until at least part of his fanbase that's more than like 75% probably understands what he is going for. I am excited and now apprehensive to this new turn of events for nt 10. I can't wait.
Old 2014-04-07, 14:00   Link #2785
LevelSeven

i think this was never the case,
in Vol.4 he worked for the magic side...
in daihaseisai too....
in Vol. 13 he helped because of AC dark side....
in Vol. 15 maybe too....
in nt7 it was his Business....
Old 2014-04-07, 14:25   Link #2786
cleed

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-04-07, 14:26   Link #2787
Birdway
Banned

@LevelSeven
This means that if Tsuchimikado appears is because of his business but I don't think the Anglican C. or AC would give "help Touma who is helping Othinus" as misión.

@cleed
So far the last connection between both series was Misaki who hinted to have a past relationship with Touma.

The dragon from Railgun last chapter was a "cameo" from vol.2 and there is a high chance that the white metal was related to certain inmortal buttmonkey who likes to spread his white stuff everywhere.
Old 2014-04-07, 14:28   Link #2788
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The Espers? The Espers?! There's only one Esper within a hundred blocks of Ground Zero, don't tell me Academy City suddenly start sending in reinforcement.
超能力者 is what was used, and that can certainly just be singular. Of course so could 魔術師 but we know theres multiple magicians. I'd bet its probably just Mikoto though.
Old 2014-04-07, 14:37   Link #2789
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
do you forget about will and all of the clone? it wouldn't be weird if the clone already prepared a private plane for both them to fly to denmark.

The main problem is, how do he get past all of the "enemy" around him?
Touma will manage. Remember, during the British Halloween, Touma displays the ability to be able to sneak and hide from others very carefully. In volume 20, he was able to determine the location of an enemy camp by using a simple map he bought from a local store in Russia, and even Fiamma was impressed at how well he has gotten at doing it while he was trying to fight and locate him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
AAALLLLLLLLFICTION im really angry to you right now, REALLY ANGRY....

i dont know if you make this on purpose but do you stop reading in the half of a post????

havent i wrote that this is ONLY WHAT I THINK???????
lets see............................................... ................................................. OOOHHHHH I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Dude,
Quote:
in the eastern it is often common to see such MC's (i think) but for the west touma is horrible, they see:
If you are just stating your opinion, don't include the west and the taste of western audience as if they matched your own. You litterally contradicted your own disclaimer, you can only be angry at yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
certain inmortal buttmonkeywho likes to spread his white stuff everywhere
Eww, dirty
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-04-07, 15:07   Link #2790
LevelSeven

Quote:
If you are just stating your opinion, don't include the west and the taste of western audience as if they matched your own. You litterally contradicted your own disclaimer, you can only be angry at yourself.
i can also include the whole world if i want, i can say:

i think everyone on this planet likes rain!
i think everyone on this planet hates the colour red!

i can say this stuff because i think they are correct, im not contradicting myself, i wrote my opinion about the reason why I THINK that touma isnt liked inside the west,

so instead of starting to rant you could also say your opinion why you think i am wrong, such stuff makes it really hard to stay calm and use the polite way to discuss things (which i normally prefer)...
Old 2014-04-07, 15:11   Link #2791
LG-MAX

Quote:
Touma will manage. Remember, during the British Halloween, Touma displays the ability to be able to sneak and hide from others very carefully. In volume 20, he was able to determine the location of an enemy camp by using a simple map he bought from a local store in Russia, and even Fiamma was impressed at how well he has gotten at doing it while he was trying to fight and locate him.
Why do people forget that Touma has this ability? we're talking about the guy who went from England to Russia just piggybacking.

Quote:
超能力者 is what was used, and that can certainly just be singular. Of course so could 魔術師 but we know theres multiple magicians. I'd bet its probably just Mikoto though.
then there is a good chance of Mikoto being the comic relief of the volume again.
Old 2014-04-07, 15:46   Link #2792
Birdway
Banned

^
Sigh, less Birdway not sure if I want.

@Level7

Now you are adding the "I think" into your sentences. Just saying.
Old 2014-04-07, 15:47   Link #2793
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

i can say this stuff because i think they are correct, im not contradicting myself, i wrote my opinion about the reason why I THINK that touma isnt liked inside the west,

so instead of starting to rant you could also say your opinion why you think i am wrong, such stuff makes it really hard to stay calm and use the polite way to discuss things (which i normally prefer)...
I'm just going to point out that if you're not going to respond to my long massive posts then you're doing the same thing you're complaining about to Allfictions...

I posted partly just for you, but you ignored everything I said. I understand it's your opinion, but you could at least rebuttle some of the things I said.

Anyway, I've been trying to promote A certain Magical Index on crunchyroll but there's this one really butthurt anime fan who keeps on saying he doesn't really like the series when he hasn't watched that much of it. Can other people please help me out on the forums? I've been not so good at explaining why it's good and I would like Crunchyroll people to find out about the series since season 3 on Crunchyroll would be amazing... and/or having the english manga on the website... so please people help me out!

BTW this is a person whose friends told him Index is shit and Railgun is good stuff. Please help me out. He also apparently thinks Mikoto's expressions are "great" in anime. Please help me silence this Railgun Purist from destroying possible thread discussion about a good series...
Old 2014-04-07, 15:50   Link #2794
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:

Don't be like that. It's a simple misunderstanding, as it stands, this sentence,
Quote:
in the eastern it is often common to see such MC's (i think) but for the west touma is horrible, they see:
can easily be misleading. When you put your (i think) after the first half of your sentence, it did not carry the meaning you gave it. How I read it:
Quote:
In the Eastern, it is common to see such MCs, however I am not sure.
Afterwards, the second half doesn't read like it's your opinion anymore, because (i think) was put before it. This is what I read:
Quote:
However, if that's how MCs are liked in the East, in the West, it's not the same thing and here is why.
It reads as if it were a fact, not your opinion.

You should have wrote something like:
Quote:
In my opinion, Eastern and Western seems to have different views of MCS. Eastern seems to see it as [...], while the West seems to prefer [...]. I think western viewers see Touma as:
I apologize for the misunderstanding, I am willing to admit I was mistaken, but you have your own part of the responsibility to assume for not wording your thoughts correctly.

Try to slow down when replying, or re-read yourself to be sure you wrote exactly what you mean.
Quote:
I already said why I think you are wrong in the first place.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2014-04-08 at 11:16.
Old 2014-04-07, 15:55   Link #2795
LG-MAX

Quote:
Sigh, less Birdway not sure if I want.
if we are lucky she is to be the great enemy of Touma in the volume, and she will be in the castle confront Touma a midnight about what he is actually doing, Birdway is perfect for this with all the history she has with the Grenlim. I think that until Miki must understand that would be awkward and forced if this role was given to Mikoto who does not know what is happening.

Quote:
Anyway, I've been trying to promote A certain Magical Index on crunchyroll but there's this one really butthurt anime fan who keeps on saying he doesn't really like the series when he hasn't watched that much of it. Can other people please help me out on the forums? I've been not so good at explaining why it's good and I would like Crunchyroll people to find out about the series since season 3 on Crunchyroll would be amazing
friend, expect the third season (if) it will have everything you need to take the series to be popular, and will be wonderful when it happens and forum filled with people who never read the book and think they really know the story.
Old 2014-04-07, 16:06   Link #2796
Birdway
Banned

She was an enemy already, is time to prove she isn't a person who is all about her cabal rules(she had her slips on Mark SS when saving people from human traffic organizations in secret despite claiming before it was none of her business).
Old 2014-04-07, 16:12   Link #2797
LG-MAX

wanna see Birdwau using their major arcana as her gorgeous hair catch fire, her eyes become violet and wings appear on her back, I want to see Touma having to face the goddess of destruction which will have like simpler attacks supersonic fire balls.
Old 2014-04-07, 16:25   Link #2798
Baron-Zara

I'd actually like some private OthinusxTouma time during the first few chaps then maybe in the second half Mikoto, Index,...etc will change sides.

But first some scenes that will make the shippers happy :P
Old 2014-04-07, 16:32   Link #2799
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post

friend, expect the third season (if) it will have everything you need to take the series to be popular, and will be wonderful when it happens and forum filled with people who never read the book and think they really know the story.
Lol, you're making me look so forward to it. XD

Also, since the setting for NT 10 is most likely confirmed to be Hamlet, I will have to read Hamlet before I read NT 10... It's an excuse to read Shakespeare, what's the harm in that.

Since, apparently Hamlet was a tragedy but was very hilarious, I'm expecting a funny, but haunting volume next volume.

Spoiler for Hamlet:
Old 2014-04-07, 16:40   Link #2800
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
360 yen? this volume will be less than NT 2?
What The F*CK?! Your telling me such a convenient item was in some dusty old castle this whole time?!
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions