AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-02-15, 18:30   Link #1
sazan fan

Problem Playing Shuffle! Memories 5

I m having trouble playing Shuffle! Memories 5 from Ayako. It seems that CCCP doesn't kick in when the file is being played. Help anyone?
Old 2007-02-15, 18:42   Link #2
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Hi please help us be able to answer your question provide the following information:
What player are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing CCCP? Do you have any other codecs installed?
Old 2007-02-15, 19:00   Link #3
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan View Post
It seems that CCCP doesn't kick in when the file is being played.
Doesn't kick in? ^^;;
A more precise explanation of what went wrong is appreciated, like what did you get, a black screen? Did the picture mess up, split in the middle, upside down? etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
What player are you using?
In addition, did you try one of the two players included in the CCCP?
If not then try that.

Then get this program: http://cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

Run it -> go to Tools -> Test Render -> open the file with problem -> click ok when a window pops up.

go to Tools -> CRC Check -> open the file with problem -> wait awhile until a new window pops up -> click ok when window pops up.

go to File -> Save Log -> save somewhere on your comp.

Post the entire content of that text file in a spoiler tag here: [spoiler][/spoiler]

(you can delete the saved log afterwards)
Old 2007-02-15, 21:00   Link #4
sazan fan

CCCP works fine and I am using WMP. I know this because I can play any other anime I have without any problem. If possible I do not wish to install a entire new program just to view a single episode. Below is the property description of Shuffle! Memories 5 (Left) and Shuttle! Memories 6 (Right) when they are being played in WMP. 6 plays fine, which led me to suspect that either the file (5) was not coded right or that CCCP did not kick in since WMP is using the wrong codecs to play 5. However, I believe that CCCP did not kick in because when WMP was playing the codec icons did not show up in the bottom right corner of the tool bar. I think I just need to manually start CCCP to play the file.

(Edit) Oh, and the symptoms are, as you can probably tell from the properties: There is no picture, as in not even a black screen, just blank like when WMP is trying to a sound file without any visualizations. And the sound is jumbled.

[IMG]Removed[/IMG]

Last edited by sazan fan; 2007-02-16 at 18:16.
Old 2007-02-15, 21:13   Link #5
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
If possible I do not wish to install a entire new program just to view a single episode.
I suppose you were referring to these instructions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
Then get this program: http://cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

Run it -> go to Tools -> Test Render -> open the file with problem -> click ok when a window pops up.

go to Tools -> CRC Check -> open the file with problem -> wait awhile until a new window pops up -> click ok when window pops up.

go to File -> Save Log -> save somewhere on your comp.

Post the entire content of that text file in a spoiler tag here: [spoiler][/spoiler]

(you can delete the saved log afterwards)
This isn't a program to playback. It's a program for troubleshooting, finding out what is wrong in your system. It's harmless. Please try out these instructions.
Old 2007-02-15, 21:40   Link #6
sazan fan

Sorry to seem uncooperative, but I won't be posting the insurgent log. It lists my system information, information I am unwilling to share. If there is anything specific you want to know, please ask.
Old 2007-02-15, 21:53   Link #7
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Okay, we can cut a few steps.

Run insurgent -> go to Tools -> Test Render -> open the file with problem -> Copy the genreated text and paste the text in spoiler tags here: [spoiler=Test Render][/spoiler]
click ok to shut window.

go to Tools -> CRC Check -> open the file with problem -> wait awhile until a new window pops up -> Copy the genreated text and paste the text in spoiler tags here: [spoiler=CRC][/spoiler]
click ok to shut window.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:33   Link #8
sazan fan

Spoiler for Test Render:

Spoiler for CRC:

Test seem normal and CRC checks out. WMP just isn't talking to CCCP for this one file.

Last edited by sazan fan; 2007-02-16 at 18:15.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:45   Link #9
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Yes it does seem normal.
Could you answer this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
Do you have any other codecs installed?
And list all the things you have installed that are codec related?

Also, do you have the Media Player Classic from the CCCP pack?
Try to see what happens if you play with that particular player.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:59   Link #10
sazan fan

There are no other codecs installed. The insurgent log confirmed it.

Quote:
lso, do you have the Media Player Classic from the CCCP pack?
Try to see what happens if you play with that particular player.
This is what I meant earlier when I said that I don't want to install a entire program just to watch a single episode. It might sound wired to many, but I actually enjoy using WMP. I think I need a way to manually start CCCP to play the file. So that WMP will play it with the right audio and video codec. And it's only with just this one file too. Am I the only one having problem playing Shuffle Memories 5?
Old 2007-02-15, 23:10   Link #11
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

I'm not asking you to change player, I asked you to test if the included MPC can play the file or if it gets the same problem.
Old 2007-02-16, 00:04   Link #12
sazan fan

Quote:
I'm not asking you to change player, I asked you to test if the included MPC can play the file or if it gets the same problem.
I know what you were asking. But the whole point of me asking in this thread was so that I wouldn't have to do that. I know the file is not corrupted and that it will probably play with other players, but I wanted to see if I can get it to work with WMP. But, at this point is taking too long (it doesn't pay to be stubborn), so I think I am just going to use zoom or MPC to watch it. Thanks for your time.

P.S. It does work with zoom and MPC maybe I should think about changing players...
Old 2007-02-16, 00:46   Link #13
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Quote:
I know [...] that it will probably play with other players
For things like this, you can't always be sure, which is why it can help to poke around with different things, sometimes problems reveal themselves more easily.

As it is now, I can't tell what's wrong, and why WMP doesn't load the filters when MPC loads them.
The official line is that WMP isn't a supported player, so this is as far as I'll go if the included players does work for you.

But you can always stick around and bump the thread if you still want to make WMP work, maybe some knowledgeable WMP wizard will show up.
Old 2007-02-16, 18:14   Link #14
sazan fan

Nah, I think I will just leave the problem be. It will be one of the unsolved mysteries of Microsoft. Thanks for trying though.
Old 2007-02-20, 13:58   Link #15
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Do you have the "extensible header" checkbox checked(Edit: UNCHECKED! I meant UNchecked! Sorry)? Mine won't use FFDShow for many files, if that's checked.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-02-21 at 18:58.