AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-30, 05:15   Link #1701
vhx

Wow great series. Loved it to the end. I found the Blood-Smeared Labyrinth and this Cursed House to be my favorites among the series. Now... I DEMAND Ghost Hunt 2.

Call me crazy but I love it when it's like 1 am and it's completely silent and then you watch this. I think it would lose most of it's effect if you watched this series it at like 3 PM, or atleast with daylight.

Last edited by vhx; 2007-03-30 at 05:25.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 05:28   Link #1702
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Yes but why aren't they called telekinesis? That's the proper name as "poltergeist phenomena" are caused by spirits/ghosts.
Since I dont have epi 3 handy this is quote from manga vol 1...hope this helps...

N: "Half of all poltergeist cases are attributable to humans."
M: "Pranks?"
N: "No, a type of psychic energy most of the time it happens unconsciously"

Now Naru is referring to Kurado since she had the desperate need to be noticed but Lin is saying that Naru's powers were so strong he couldnt control it at all.

Im not sure exactly why the term "poltergiest" was used but I think its more to refer to objects moving by themselves then supernatural beings doing it but thats just me.

@guiltygearxt: Id love to believe there will be a 2nd season but with the manga on hold, it would have to be entirely novel based at this point...but we can dream...

Also note to those ppl who are waiting for LKK's summary spoiler post...read it slowly and carefully she covers ALOT (and can I stress alot) of information, Ive read it and its wonderful

As for 25 subbed...man pisssed off Naru is hot!! I love how he let his pride get the better of him and even was a slight hypocritic when Bou-san called him out on the "there's no way to hunt monsters"
btw Yasuhara's line "His mood's terrible" made me laugh out loud XD
One thing I will say is I wish the anime had showed Lin's attempt to stop Naru a bit more...in the manga he tries to get him but Bou-san needs Lin a bit more and you can tell that Lin is yelling for Naru to stop...but on that note, Im also glad the anime didnt show a specific scene from the manga...
Spoiler for click if you want to know what it is:

Also since GH is offically over now that the sub is out, Im again wearing my all black Naru-esque work outfit
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-03-30 at 07:19.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 07:45   Link #1703
Tiberium Wolf

OMG!!! Masako in normal clothes is sooooo cuteeeeeee!
Old 2007-03-30, 09:17   Link #1704
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im not sure exactly why the term "poltergiest" was used but I think its more to refer to objects moving by themselves then supernatural beings doing it but thats just me.
Like you said earlier, the phrase was "poltergiest phenonmenon".
Spoiler for Naru's childhood:
That's my best guess, anyway.

Quote:
Also note to those ppl who are waiting for LKK's summary spoiler post...read it slowly and carefully she covers ALOT (and can I stress alot) of information, Ive read it and its wonderful
I don't know if "wonderful" is the right word because Manju is biased. But I hope you'll find it informative. You'll definitely find it long though. It's running about 8 pages in 12 point font size when I print it off for proofing.

Quote:
but on that note, Im also glad the anime didnt show a specific scene from the manga...
Spoiler for click if you want to know what it is:
Manju and I disagree slightly on this point. She didn't want to see the scene. I thought the anime should have had the scene
Spoiler for same topic as Manju's:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 11:35   Link #1705
Jenx
Insert Creative Title

Mmm, same spoiler as the above posts
Spoiler:

Though I did want to see Lin's mad dash and freakout from the manga. It was pretty cute. ^^
Jenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 12:35   Link #1706
sazan fan

lol. Naru has special powers... and cut! The series end. The message, go read the manga if it does in fact continue the story.
sazan fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 12:54   Link #1707
Joojoobees

Damn! I Loved that ending. That was one of the best endings I have seen recently.

In fact, Ghost Hunt is one of the best series I have seen. I honestly didn't expect it to turn out this way, but it has established itself easily in the top 10, and I'm even contemplating demoting Cowboy Bebop to make room in the top 5. Bebop had better Art and Music, and really great characterization, but GH had better character development, and a stronger plot. Ultimately Bebop left me feeling that it was one hell of a pass-time, but was extremely episodic, whereas GH just seemed to build and build and build.

Damn! I'm glad all shows aren't this great. I would never do anything but stare at a screen!
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 13:01   Link #1708
LKK

You know, considering how many people were injured and killed at the inn in the previous 2 or 3 days, it's a wonder that the police and the paramedics weren't camped outside in the parking lot.

One thing that has always, always impressed me about GH has been the music. Episode 25 was no exception.
Spoiler for ep 25:

I can't decide which piece of music I like best. I love 'em all. I'm definitely buying the OST when it comes out. (I've already preordered it. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 14:16   Link #1709
Hydex

Great series !

Only letdown throughout the series was Mai - Stupid in the beginning, almost no evolution in the end :x
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 15:01   Link #1710
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You know, considering how many people were injured and killed at the inn in the previous 2 or 3 days, it's a wonder that the police and the paramedics weren't camped outside in the parking lot.

One thing that has always, always impressed me about GH has been the music. Episode 25 was no exception.
Spoiler for ep 25:

I can't decide which piece of music I like best. I love 'em all. I'm definitely buying the OST when it comes out. (I've already preordered it. )
I loved the music they played while Naru was going super saiyan ^^
This OST is on my d/l list!!

@LKK-sensei: me biased...never

Also if ppl do want to see the manga scan of
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-30, 15:57   Link #1711
TigerII
Pilot in Training

....I'll pass.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 16:22   Link #1712
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Man no way this can be the end END. Their is just so much room for more. It's a complete open ending. Its just adn ending ofve a season were we now know the powers ofve each individual and were thinsg get deadly serious from that point on.

So does the manga end here to or do it go on? Because if it does go on they shoudl realy make season 2.
Old 2007-03-30, 16:47   Link #1713
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post

So does the manga end here to or do it go on? Because if it does go on they shoudl realy make season 2.
At the moment this is where the manga ends. The last 2 novels havent been made into manga yet so if a 2nd season was done itd have to be novel based.

Manga vol 10 was suppose to be out in April but its been pulled from sites There is enough in the last 2 novels to probably make another 13 epi season so maybe we can all fanservice JC to do a novel based 2nd season
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-30, 17:24   Link #1714
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I know some people that could "persuade" them.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:03   Link #1715
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Great series, imo, perfect to get someone into anime.

I hate Naru.
I didnt like the final episode... It felt kind of rushed.
And how Naru suddenly pops out with some uber-naru-ray ... lame.
But still 8/10 for the final arc.
and 8/10 for the whole series.

Waiting for more.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:12   Link #1716
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Spoiler for added spoiler tags just in case:
I disagree. I thought that we were well prepared for something to happen because of the mystery of "Dream Naru", and Lin's comments when disabling him.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:14   Link #1717
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
Great series !

Only letdown throughout the series was Mai - Stupid in the beginning, almost no evolution in the end :x
Disagree!

Mai blushed more deeply and frequently as the series progressed, which made her cuter =)
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:37   Link #1718
XoBr0k3nxAng3LoX
~.:*+.Ren-chan.+*:.~

~sigh~ Ok, ok, I won't say that I HATED how Ghost Hunt ended cuz then that would be a complete lie...but like, i'm pretty sure almosy NOBODY liked how it ended 100%. What about the whole Naru & Mai thing? And like what happens to them afterwards??? And i do agree that it seemed kinda rushed (I mean, the whole thing where it always says "A few days later" i can understand, but like it was all action in the episode and then for the last 3-4 minutes they make it into Naru and the other at the hospital)

all in all though, it was an okay way to end, i'm gonna look on the bright side, it couldv'e been a worse ending (^_^'''')

And i'm positive there will be a second season. I'm also positive though that it wont be anytime soon, not for a while at least (maybe someday though....^_^)
XoBr0k3nxAng3LoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 20:06   Link #1719
Jenx
Insert Creative Title

Mai blushing more and deeper does not constitute a well-rounded character. DX The only well-rounded characters in the series are Naru and Lin. But the supporting cast is still loveable! <3 Except Masako... *hides from Monir*

Also, I find it worth noting that I mis-read BrokenAngel's sig as "Love is friendship set to arsenic." Which kind of makes me giggle. ^^
Jenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 20:17   Link #1720
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

File #8. Cursed House - 04

Today was 5:18 a.m. when I finished to watch the last episode to Ghost Hunt. Since at that time, I had no access to the internet I fully saw the episode in raw without the help of Impz's blog synopsis. Today, I am likely to read his/her review to check for myself the details that the language barrier prevented me from learning.

So for anti-Ayako fans out there who were complaining about her uselessnes may want to keep silence and reflect that she actually kicked ass in this episode, saving the best for the last.
Spoiler:

wHAT surprise means to have the boss back.
Spoiler:

Lin sheds on Mai a little bit of background info about Narus' powers, and his parents.

Things look to start normal with Naru gone out from intensive care and Mai & Masako quarreling over who gets to serve him tear.

Didn't I mention that Masako looks gorgeous in any other dress that is NOT a kimono?

Given my limited knowledge of Japanese, for the last line that Mai delivers is that she wants to always stay with everyone.

Last edited by Guido; 2007-10-30 at 23:23.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, supernatural