AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 18:51   Link #5521
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, unaffiliated in that they weren't produced by Vandin, just hanging around.
There are some details that makes them suspicious in that regard too. Their dividers are more likely produced by Vandin corp. and when Marty is about to talk some sort of inner devices go boom inside his brains killing him off xDU. If those guys were really on their won i doubt they would put such a thing inside their head by their own will, they clearly were under the orders of people with resources.

EDIT: Page claimed for Bushido-neechan xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:57   Link #5522
Kuze

If I remember right the last translation had his name as "Hardis," and Strosek number 5 as Fifth, or literally Fifusu, not Fevus.

I myself, choose to call him Furuchin. It makes his blushing with the replica Divider all the more depraved.

Thought: Apparently, the same kind of thing happened "seven years ago" as Veyron said it, with imposters at work, which really points to one event.

Then the question becomes how long has this game of cat and mouse been going on. And what happened with the samples left at the site of the incident when the TSAB had a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that's Veyron. He says that Number 5 made him remember something pretty unpleasant, the speech patterns seem to match up on a brief glance, and in both the present and the past, the idea of God is spoken for.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:57   Link #5523
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Apparently each infected has some kind of specific super-power. I wish they'd get around to fully explaining this stuff instead of just having characters who know it all discuss it.
It was explained on supplemental material that the virus develope unique powers on each EC-Driver aside of the basic set(Anti-Magic, enhaced toughness and strenght, healing factor) which are called "viralizings" Deville's "Armorize" power that covers his skin is one of these. Cypha seems to have a superior regenerative power in comparission with other Drivers, Marty have muscle manipulation which he used to enhace his physical arm in roder to punch Arnage, and so on.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-01, 18:57   Link #5524
Justin_Brett

No, I mean the 'probably worse than the Huckebein' Family.

Whoever's job it is to trigger those brain bombs must have been getting a coffee. You'd think they would have done it when the guy surrendered.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:05   Link #5525
Kuze

It says that the program for the mechanism self destructs under certain circumstances. Talking about your employers is probably one of them, seems like it's all localized.

Now, to be fair, if the guys were on the operating table while in Vandin, it would probably be pretty easy to open up the right organ under surgery, close it up after depositing a gift, erase the scars (none of them have been noticeable before anyways), and act innocent.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:51   Link #5526
Justin_Brett

Well, he was talking a lot about them casually during the fight and a little while afterward. Did it detect the Hucks already knew about that somehow?

Also I had to laugh at how quick the mood whiplashed in the fight. Veyron defeats his opponent by tearing off his arms and blowing his head off, and Arnage just reduces hers to his underwear.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-02-01 at 20:41.
Old 2012-02-02, 01:55   Link #5527
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Also I had to laugh at how quick the mood whiplashed in the fight. Veyron defeats his opponent by tearing off his arms and blowing his head off, and Arnage just reduces hers to his underwear.
Yeah, i also lol'd at that part xD. That kind of insensitive humor will continue for the rest of the season so better start to get used to it xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-02, 03:36   Link #5528
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Lily seems to get along well with the raptors who indeed seems to sport some kind of sentinence(OMG!). they seems to be a good match and apparently Cypha was talking about the Fake Huckebeins, apparently she wants Tohma to stay away in a "we will take care of them" fashion xD. And yep, apparently something big is about to happen. Waiting for Ch. 22 xD

P.S.- Yeah, i'm making an effort to keep my cool xDU
Remember how that Clone trooper was all buddy buddy with the Jedi one moment and turned homicidal a moment later after order 66?

Yeah, I can see something similar happening here. In face, I won't be surprised if they also have AMF

TSAB better hurry up its own 5th device development. You don't want Fate to be the only one capable of doing anything when the time comes.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 04:06   Link #5529
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Apparently each infected has some kind of specific super-power. I wish they'd get around to fully explaining this stuff instead of just having characters who know it all discuss it.
The Nanohaverse? Fully explaining things outside of booklets? Surely you jest.

Quote:
Well, he was talking a lot about them casually during the fight and a little while afterward. Did it detect the Hucks already knew about that somehow?
Stuff like that is usually very specific, like names. Otherwise heads explode at even minor implications.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 06:33   Link #5530
Key Board
Carbon

OK, regarding chapter 22

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-02-02, 06:40   Link #5531
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
OK, regarding chapter 22

Spoiler:
I don't know about that. Cypher is telling Touma that being unexperienced against fighting eclipse infected is very different from fighting against regular mages. Maybe suspecion will rise if the raptors thrash the Grendel.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 08:00   Link #5532
Key Board
Carbon

Raptors are made to fight Eclipse, not mages

all of them are compatible with AEC equipment
Old 2012-02-02, 10:04   Link #5533
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Stuff like that is usually very specific, like names. Otherwise heads explode at even minor implications.
Yeah that's why I first thought of a specific operator for it. Maybe a bit silly, but hey, sensitive information. Imagine if that'd been a Bureau agent who managed to get away? Maybe the dude wouldn't have told one of them, but he seemed pretty chatty.
Old 2012-02-02, 13:08   Link #5534
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Various Raptor information. Apparently the prototype Raptors have individual personalities, but the mass produced ones all have the same personality (and maybe hive minded).
That still means there's a bunch of "special" sentinent Raptors that more probably will command the hive minded ones. Or probably will be shafted out of batrtle because they're only "test prototypes", maybe some of them truly befriend the heroes xD

"Jhonny Five is ALIVE!"

xD!

About this "Grendel" family attacking on Raptor's debut i also agree, poor guys probably will be slaughtered to show how awesome the Raptors are xDU.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-02-02 at 22:43.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:32   Link #5535
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Dunno if anyone made mention of this, but there's two updates over on Mangafox.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:00   Link #5536
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Note that it's only 18 part 2 that's translated. Part 1 hasn't been done yet.

Force is only 2.5 chapters behind while Vivid is 9 chapters behind.
Old 2012-02-02, 21:48   Link #5537
Justin_Brett

It's not a competition, Raiser.
Old 2012-02-02, 21:49   Link #5538
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't recall him saying it was...
Old 2012-02-02, 21:51   Link #5539
Justin_Brett

That was a joke. It was the first reason he'd mention it that came to mind.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:02   Link #5540
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
So, other companies are researching the Eclipse, and the Bureau can regulate them. So far we haven't been given a real explanation for the plot, as far as motivations behind it. The Hucks are obviously just doing what they feel they need to in order to survive, and we have another group or two in play with their own agenda... and what that agenda is, hasn't been made real clear yet (unless I missed it). So far, it seems like they are researching better weapons just to make money (and crossing borderline areas to do it).

Jail was doing the same thing, but he also wanted to replace the magic age with his dream. I have to wonder... there had to be some group behind the creation of Jail. It would make sense that the Brain council would contract that out to an organization that would have the resources. As far as I know, that organization is still out there.

Could Vandin/Vandein be behind Jail? I'd like to see some link with StrikerS there; that would make things a bit interesting. It could be that they want to end the magic age and progress more towards technology, and at first used Jail for those ends.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force