AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 03:03   Link #7181
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

lol@the chant
Still playing. Struggling big time as toss vs terran 1 base thor-centric builds, ie:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=265049

I am losing my touch on how to safely expand in PvT without eventually getting contained in my own base by 1-1-1 and starved to death.

Edit 1:
Arena of Legends is epic!

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2011-09-17 at 03:46.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:23   Link #7182
paladinenvec

Yay for general infestor nerf!! At least my thor-tanks wont'be Neuraled so often, I haven't played that much cause my free time is limited these days.
Btw is Arena of legends any good??
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:09   Link #7183
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I switched over to OSL (YES! jangbi won!) half way, finishing the matches between Dreamhack.

AoL is not that bad.
MC gets crushed by nestea and MMA. Nestea shown some newer styles of ZvP: Game 1 nestea tech switched from roachling to 30 mutas and MC lost against mutaling in a base trade scenerio. Game 2 he opt for burrow roaches before speed. The roachhydra bust off 2 base just crushed MC's 3 gate expand into a later stargate.

MMA played some very beautiful TvZ, although his pushes are often denied by being a bit too hasty: often losing his forces to mutabane because tanks are unsieged/out of position.

Game 2 Nestea went for a roach-bane drop but horrible control caused it to do less damage than it should have. We get to see how MMA comes back and take the win when he was down to only 5 SCVs via imba mules.

Both games MMA does his trademark multidrop all game long and all those drops pretty much won him the games.

MMA v MC... MC gets rolled over.

While there are no 30 minute long epic matches (except for 1st game I suppose) at very very high caliber play where both players played perfectly, the hype of players+possibility of seeing good matches I believe justifies the cost of the $4.99.

I wonder if anyone restreams AoL?

Pro:
- Consist of Top players of all 3 races in equal distribution: With T dominating code S its nice to see other races play.

Con:
- The series is rather short compared to a season of GSL.

Edit 1:
Dreamhack finals game 2 is amazing! DRG excellent muta control. But no matter how godly he played the early losses cannot be recovered =(

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2011-09-17 at 14:49.
Old 2011-09-17, 17:16   Link #7184
Who

Speaking of T domination and Code S...

Spoiler for Category 5:

But congrats to DRG on winning Valencia.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 20:44   Link #7185
amasposu

I just watched the VODs of the OSL finals.

Spoiler for OSL:

Last edited by amasposu; 2011-09-17 at 23:33.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 20:58   Link #7186
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Speaking of T domination and Code S...

Spoiler for Category 5:

But congrats to DRG on winning Valencia.
I would swap NASL and IPL, Koreans all left NASL while still showing up in IPL.
Old 2011-09-18, 00:49   Link #7187
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I would swap NASL and IPL, Koreans all left NASL while still showing up in IPL.
I Agree.
For me IPL is the best league out of korea besides GSL the games shown there are really high level(specially when Koreans play) and you don't have to pay to see the VOD's if you miss the games.
Old 2011-09-18, 04:42   Link #7188
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
I Agree.
For me IPL is the best league out of korea besides GSL the games shown there are really high level(specially when Koreans play) and you don't have to pay to see the VOD's if you miss the games.
I agree as well!

Today's Arena of Legends sucked ass.
While it is amazing to see MMA beat losira with only 5 scvs (vs 26 I think?), or MKP beating Losira in a similar situation - it is quite painful to watch in the eyes of the zerg. At high levels banelings are just not the right solution to marines.

Maybe nestea and losira are incompetent players. Maybe a few screws are loose in their heads (along with many other Z/P pros out there). It just so happens that every profession Z/P players are not as gifted as the terrans.

SC2 is having trouble becoming popular in Korea: more terran dominance is only going to incite even more rage.
Old 2011-09-18, 21:54   Link #7189
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is the Shoutcraft Invitational each month. So far it has been mostly TvP finals, with one ZvT final because the other Zerg player hated ZvZ as much as everyone else and was allowed to race switch to Terran for the final.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:31   Link #7190
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Did not watch the shoutcraft invitational. Zerg player = morrow? He was a beastly terran in beta times and swapped to Z just when everyone are switching races to terran.

So... MC in code B. Terrans winning 3/3 games in Code A. Select's ghost play is amazing!!! Much much better than sc's 11/11 into double marine scv all-in on close air metalopolis. Gumiho's beta-esque 1-1-1 hellion into banshee (used to be standard TvZ) brings back memories - also rmbed TLO spamming vikings on Kulas ravine and abusing them all game long (and blizz nerfed viking ground attack shortly after).

I don't think the next patch is going to change much.

Will GSL November be able to break October's count of 20 terrans in Code S?
Old 2011-09-19, 10:49   Link #7191
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Use to play Protoss, switched to Terran. Got bored with terran and went Zerg. Bane busting is fun and all but it isn't nearly as fun seeing your banes come down on the terrans like the fist of an angry god.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 12:06   Link #7192
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Anyone watched GSTL last night? MVP vs IM.
IM hosts a lot of players at their prime: Nestea, Losira, MVP... Yonghwa and Happy are also pretty well respected for their skills.

MVP is more of a one man team. Dongraegu alone carried the whole team to the playoffs: doing reverse all-kills in the most clutch situations.

Just when MVP is looking terrible after Happy scored 3 kills, dongraegu beasted it up and scored 3 kills of his own before being taken down by IMMVP - brings forth horrible memories of MLG (IMMVP claims to know DRG's weakness). The unlikely hero of Tails defeated IMMVP and took on the final boss in the form of nestea in an epic final mathc....
Old 2011-09-23, 12:34   Link #7193
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Anyone watched GSTL last night? MVP vs IM.
IM hosts a lot of players at their prime: Nestea, Losira, MVP... Yonghwa and Happy are also pretty well respected for their skills.

MVP is more of a one man team. Dongraegu alone carried the whole team to the playoffs: doing reverse all-kills in the most clutch situations.

Just when MVP is looking terrible after Happy scored 3 kills, dongraegu beasted it up and scored 3 kills of his own before being taken down by IMMVP - brings forth horrible memories of MLG (IMMVP claims to know DRG's weakness). The unlikely hero of Tails defeated IMMVP and took on the final boss in the form of nestea in an epic final mathc....
That series was worth the inevitable crash I'm going to suffer in a bit for staying up all night.

I was particularly impressed with the MVP/Tails match. Not that Nestea/Tails was any less awesome, but the vibe I got from it seeing the replays was that Nestea threw his advantage away with the Lair snipe. With the MVP match, I feel that Tails could have held it even before patch 1.4, if he had better micro. He could have sustained less losses in the engagements if he had his zealots up front.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 16:21   Link #7194
paladinenvec

Oh man ...i only watched the first game and i went to sleep i wish that i had endured more lol, anyway, regarding IPL it's only few days away!!! expectations??? I want to see Stephano , MMA, White-Ra and Boxer play !!!
Old 2011-09-24, 10:58   Link #7195
Alaya
Counter Force

SC2 on OGN is awesome!!!

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 17:08   Link #7196
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
Use to play Protoss, switched to Terran. Got bored with terran and went Zerg. Bane busting is fun and all but it isn't nearly as fun seeing your banes come down on the terrans like the fist of an angry god.
Lol. You're doing exactly what I did, except I played Terran very briefly during the beta and when SC2 first came out officially. Then its Protoss as main for a very long time --> back to Terran --> now playing Zerg and having a blast since I finally can play at diamond + level because it fits my style very well (macro, defensive, reactive).
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 01:02   Link #7197
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Random technical question for whoever tried that:
Got recently a dual monitor setup, and trying to work my way out with SCII. As much as I expected it to work only on 1 monitor, I got the nasty surprise that fullscreen and fullscreen windowed only launch on the monitor set as the primary one.
What I want to do is to set that thing on the secondary screen, but no dice so far. The only trick at my disposal is to set SCII in windowed, dragging it to the other monitor then change iit to fullscreen windowed (which is a major PITA, since it would start on the primary screen next time if left as fullscreen windowed and I would have to perform that convulated stuff each time SCII is launched).

Of course, the natural solution would be inverting the monitor's status (switching primary and secondary) but that would be the last thing I would try (the idea is to keep the primary screen free, so I have better control on some applications with the notification icons of the task bar, such like TS indicator etc).

Any idea?
Old 2011-09-26, 11:27   Link #7198
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Well first of all, I'm going to assume your OS is Windows 7.

If your only worry is the taskbar you could always just unlock it and drag it to your secondary monitor.

The other solution I can offer is to download third-party software. The one I'm using called Actual Multiple Monitors allows you to bind hotkeys to functions such as shifting application windows from one monitor to another. It would be as simple as starting up Starcraft 2 and pressing the win key plus another key to move it to the other screen (this is for fullscreen windowed of course).

The paid version also has some other perks. I'm too cheap to get it though.

They even have a page for tips on playing Starcraft II with multiple monitors: http://actualtools.com/multiplemonit...d_tricks.shtml
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 12:08   Link #7199
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

First solution worked like a charm. I actually didn't expect the task bar being movable outside from the primary monitor area, I guess I should have tried a little more.
Funnily enough, I tried both AMM and DisplayFusion in the meantime but none seem to be able to change the monitor for some reason (either with forced monitor switch function or suppression the focus loss feature).

Thanks
Old 2011-09-27, 03:55   Link #7200
paladinenvec

More SC2 drama =)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=269474
just when i was getting a better opinion of KESPA, some things never change...

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows