AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 14:29   Link #1061
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Wow, this is really amazing. I mean, I've been on this boards for ages, and speculating where stories go is one of my favorite pastimes. This story is good material, since it's original and unfinished (so everyone knows the same). Knowing the author very well, I was willing to call the upcoming developments right after Gestapo-chan gave the attribute list of the guy she wanted to fall in love with. And yet, even though there are clear indications of where this story is headed, and even on a purely logical basis, the situation seems quite clear to me, I seem to remain almost isolated. Can't remember when I had this happen to me the last time

So let's collect the clues.

1) Takahiro is a happy ending guy. Tatsumi as the clear male lead will eventually fulfill his dream - a fair country with everyone happy. That's his prime goal.

2) The story pits characters against each other which shouldn't be fighting in the first place. Take Wave. Take Bors. Heck, take even Seryuu (the girl who killed Schere), even she isn't "evil" - from their perspectives, they are FIGHTING murderers. Takahiro is making perfectly clear that NO SIDE is clearly "in the right" here, as much as subjectively justified they might feel. This is why he's painting Esdese's subordinates in a positive light. And this is why in my most humble opinion, it's silly to assume that the story will end by having Tatsumi or the Night Raid defeat Esdese and her team. It won't happen like this. This wouldn't be a proper conclusion to the story goal at all.

3) The only character who is depicted as consistently evil is the Interior minister. However, I don't see the story simply ending by killing him. Rather, someone with authority needs to step up and clean house. And we have a clear candidate for that - who is far away from doing this now, yes - but who clearly has the potential to change her mind and who as the acting General has the authority to actually make a difference, facilitate the change that Tatsumi dreams of and thus removes the need for conflict between Night Raid and the government. That's Esdese.

4) Whether or not she'll go the full Darth Vader (and dies in her victorious effort) or not remains to be seen. Personally, I don't think so. There's tons of drama and friction between her and Tatsumi, so this is going to take quite a bit longer. And this is exactly the kind of setting which Takahiro loves: Strong woman in a battle for control with the male lead, until the male lead manages to cause a change of heart in the female character. So, in the very least, he will successfully thaw the Ice Queen till she leads the coup that fulfills Tatsumi's dream. And if she dies in the bed or has Tatsumi ravage her in it is up for grabs. Takahiro tends to go for the latter version

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see. I say that she and Tatsumi will never fight to the death, and neither will one other Night Raider kill her.
TBF I don't see your scenario quite panning out, while he may be a happy ending kinda guy, he's far from adverse to killing off "good" guys otherwise, most of the earlier deaths would not have happened they most certainly wouldn't have happened in the vast majority of shounens.

At this point unless he plans to jump shark most of esdes group will die, and most of Nightraid will die (eventually though maybe not neccesarily in this confrontation). and then the story will move on like it has in previous arcs. You can still have a "happy ending" with most of the good guys dying. It seems pointless to go for your kind of route when two good guys have already died very early on.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:45   Link #1062
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Wow, this is really amazing. I mean, I've been on this boards for ages, and speculating where stories go is one of my favorite pastimes. This story is good material, since it's original and unfinished (so everyone knows the same). Knowing the author very well, I was willing to call the upcoming developments right after Gestapo-chan gave the attribute list of the guy she wanted to fall in love with.
Well the list thing was pretty easy to guess. I don't think that some one thought to someone else when Esdes give the list.
Quote:
And yet, even though there are clear indications of where this story is headed, and even on a purely logical basis, the situation seems quite clear to me, I seem to remain almost isolated. Can't remember when I had this happen to me the last time
To be fair the clue are with both Esdes and Akame. It's just that with Akame the author had to work less. While with Esdes had to show more because she was a enemy and her first time in the manga.I suppose that like it or not the battle for his heart will be between the 2 of them(and for being me the one to said this)
Quote:
So let's collect the clues.

1) Takahiro is a happy ending guy. Tatsumi as the clear male lead will eventually fulfill his dream - a fair country with everyone happy. That's his prime goal.
Yeah this is true. There is no game of his or route where there is a true bad ending. Every route have the happy ending.Although is pretty hard see a happy ending in a tragedy manga especially this one.
Quote:
2) The story pits characters against each other which shouldn't be fighting in the first place. Take Wave. Take Bors. Heck, take even Seryuu (the girl who killed Schere), even she isn't "evil" - from their perspectives, they are FIGHTING murderers. Takahiro is making perfectly clear that NO SIDE is clearly "in the right" here, as much as subjectively justified they might feel. This is why he's painting Esdese's subordinates in a positive light. And this is why in my most humble opinion, it's silly to assume that the story will end by having Tatsumi or the Night Raid defeat Esdese and her team. It won't happen like this. This wouldn't be a proper conclusion to the story goal at all.
That's true. I think we all agree with this .hell even I have point out some esdes good point. It's just i don't like her bad point and because of this point out them most of the time.Although Seyriu it's some one really hard to forgive her justice is totally twist.Even the author show her to us with a similar face to Aria.
Quote:
3) The only character who is depicted as consistently evil is the Interior minister. However, I don't see the story simply ending by killing him. Rather, someone with authority needs to step up and clean house. And we have a clear candidate for that - who is far away from doing this now, yes - but who clearly has the potential to change her mind and who as the acting General has the authority to actually make a difference, facilitate the change that Tatsumi dreams of and thus removes the need for conflict between Night Raid and the government. That's Esdese.
Yeah the PM is the true evil in this story. This was clear from ch 1.But we can't be sure that if esdes change side the whole NR vs Government is resolve.We have Ran that seem to work for some one else. And there is Scar face as well.No to mention the monster.

Quote:
4) Whether or not she'll go the full Darth Vader (and dies in her victorious effort) or not remains to be seen. Personally, I don't think so. There's tons of drama and friction between her and Tatsumi, so this is going to take quite a bit longer. And this is exactly the kind of setting which Takahiro loves: Strong woman in a battle for control with the male lead, until the male lead manages to cause a change of heart in the female character. So, in the very least, he will successfully thaw the Ice Queen till she leads the coup that fulfills Tatsumi's dream. And if she dies in the bed or has Tatsumi ravage her in it is up for grabs. Takahiro tends to go for the latter version
To be fair they don't need to become a couple for this. Like some one alredy said,if the author want go donw this route is enough her one side love for tatsumi for her to change. And like I said,even if I don't like it the battle for his heart is between Akame and Esdes what ever the author will do. We will see but for now,my bet still on AKame.If I have to guess from ch 28 we will see some good interecation between Akame and Tatsumi .
Quote:
Anyway, we'll have to wait and see. I say that she and Tatsumi will never fight to the death, and neither will one other Night Raider kill her.
Well no one of them have the power to kill her for now. She too strong.
Edit:
Quote:
TBF I don't see your scenario quite panning out, while he may be a happy ending kinda guy, he's far from adverse to killing off "good" guys otherwise, most of the earlier deaths would not have happened they most certainly wouldn't have happened in the vast majority of shounens.

At this point unless he plans to jump shark most of esdes group will die, and most of Nightraid will die (eventually though maybe not neccesarily in this confrontation). and then the story will move on like it has in previous arcs. You can still have a "happy ending" with most of the good guys dying. It seems pointless to go for your kind of route when two good guys have already died very early on.
That's why I say we can use his other game to guess where this manga will go.Hell even in this message I said that Esdes and Akame are the one that will fight for his heart. but because Esdes give me the feeling of a rival. I still think would be pretty stupid from the author go down that route after how he made Esdes and how Tastumi is. No to mention the kind of story that this manga is.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-07-03 at 14:38.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 21:31   Link #1063
NeutralZero

The Esdes vs Akame over Tatsumi's heart...
Wasn't that a dead give away considering the chapter image in 17?
That aside after seeing 27 and on how the emperor commented on Esdes and fatso's son... in the previous chapter... just hope it ends there...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 06:15   Link #1064
Soji

NeutralZero@Yeah. That pic is a give away. If you recall i do mention that pic some time ago . I just don't thought this the first time i saw the pic.But more than that is the way the author play both of them until now. Like I say the first part he build up Akame with Tatsumi and we see positive reaction from him.Now ,in this part until now he build up Esdes and because she was on the enemy side and how she was he had to work more on her. The interesting thig will be see how the author will play this from now on.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:51   Link #1065
OverSeer
Inactive Member

They are sure taking their sweet time with chap 25

Don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but damn such a long ass wait
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 14:10   Link #1066
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post

I think ,i read in the comment on baoto that maybe the traslator will wait vol 6 to be out. and that the last one they traslate was the last one of vol 5. But I'm not totally sure about this.
Old 2012-07-03, 14:14   Link #1067
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I think ,i read in the comment on baoto that maybe the traslator will wait vol 6 to be out. and that the last one they traslate was the last one of vol 5. But I'm not totally sure about this.
if that is true, when will that be?
Old 2012-07-03, 14:35   Link #1068
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
No actually, Animum Mutare stated that they will be using magazine RAWs, and Ch 25 would be released sometime this week. This is assuming that there are no delays of course.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 15:00   Link #1069
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
No actually, Animum Mutare stated that they will be using magazine RAWs, and Ch 25 would be released sometime this week. This is assuming that there are no delays of course.
Good to heard this. The last time i read about on the comment there is was this fear about *wait for vol 6*. And that's why i say *i'm not sure* ,though i happy to heard they will do this.
Old 2012-07-03, 16:35   Link #1070
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

We used to get it one every 3 days which was pretty damn quick for a monthly release and then it was one every 1-2 days sometimes less. Considering there's only 4 chapters until they catch meaning we'll be getting chapters once a month if that, if we're lucky enough to get someone to consistently translate, a few more days between these releases really don't matter, you'll be stuck like this eventually anyway.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-07-03 at 17:21.
Old 2012-07-03, 17:14   Link #1071
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
We used to get it one every 3 days which was pretty damn quick for a monthly release and then it was one every 1-2 days sometimes less. Considering there's only 4 chapters until they catch meaning we'll be getting chapters once a month if that, if we're lucky enough to get someone to consistently translate late it, a few more days between these releases really don't matter, you'll be stuck like this eventually anyway.
That is true
Old 2012-07-03, 17:41   Link #1072
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Man, just caught up and I gotta say, this series is relentless. At this point pretty much any character could die except Tatsumi and Akame.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 19:14   Link #1073
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Man, just caught up and I gotta say, this series is relentless. At this point pretty much any character could die except Tatsumi and Akame.
True, the main hero does not die ever
Old 2012-07-03, 19:22   Link #1074
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
True, the main hero does not die ever
Sometimes he does, usually ends with a protagonist change.
Old 2012-07-03, 19:56   Link #1075
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
if that happens I think those novels, manga do not do so well in the long run or maybe they do
Old 2012-07-03, 21:03   Link #1076
Key Board
Carbon

Tatsumi getting Esdesu to change her mind is "easy"

do it by force

by her own code, she will have to submit to the winner

now achieving of that, on the other hand, would probably need a lot of conditional requirements beforehand
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 21:11   Link #1077
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Or a way to bring the guy back to life.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 21:44   Link #1078
NeutralZero

25 out yehey!!
Poor Raba... an unrequited love towards the boss...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2012-07-03 at 22:09.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:09   Link #1079
OverSeer
Inactive Member

about freaking time!
Old 2012-07-03, 22:11   Link #1080
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Tatsumi getting Esdesu to change her mind is "easy"

do it by force

by her own code, she will have to submit to the winner

now achieving of that, on the other hand, would probably need a lot of conditional requirements beforehand
How does that change her mind though, that just proves her philosophy even more that the strong command and control the weak.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!