AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 22:03   Link #37321
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Is Tabane the kind who take it as a personal challenge to improve IS if somebody pointed out its flaw?

IS is kind of like her Pride....

(Working on a Rival for the Drone....sort of)
Old 2012-10-01, 22:26   Link #37322
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You yourself pointed out in the past she wouldn't care or that the IS is impossible to parallel. That or it was Eras who said it. Forgot exactly who.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:02   Link #37323
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It was eras that talk about Tabane's uncaringness, while Age pointed out I.S. invulnerability.

But I think she will look at it as a sort of childish challenge which she will obviously win, so she get along until she bored.

----
In case of SUICA

Quote:
Most vending machines, kiosks, and coin-operated lockers within JR stations can be paid with the card. In addition to payment, the card is also used as an electronic key to open the specific locker used. Outside of train stations, chain stores such as FamilyMart, am/pm, 7-Eleven, Ministop, Circle K Sunkus, Yodobashi Camera and Bic Camera support transactions with Suica, however mostly restricted to the Kantō region only. A few shops at Narita International Airport, and Taxis accept Suica cards. Stores that accept Suica are indicated by displaying either a Suica, Pasmo, Kitaca, Icoca, Toica, Sugoca, Nimoca, or Hayakaken logo.
In case of larger amount of money, yes, Ichika might have a bank account, question is, as a student he might not even have steady income. So the msot logical decision is Ichika get a hold of Chifuyu's account, with money flowing inside periodically, and he will use it properly.
Old 2012-10-02, 00:11   Link #37324
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, that was the idea. Chifuyu can't deal with the daily mundane things cuz of dealing with all the paparazzi and promotions and stuff. Through her hardwork she somehow keeps the media and business from intervening with her personal life(remember that IS pilots in themselves are already celebrities, what more if she's the former Brunhilde looking to make a comeback?).

So Ichika is stuck playing his future roll of house husband. Other than managing the house, he also manages Chifuyu's income. In this 'verse Chifuyu is noted to be somewhat of a spender. Mostly on alcohol.

It was actually a gag that the fridge is divided into assigned shelves per girl. Chifuyu's is alcohol as far as the eye can see.
Old 2012-10-02, 01:43   Link #37325
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
She'll probably try to write something about it.
Geez louise! Kaoruko Mayuzumi's a blackhole for info huh!?

Anyway, did anyone see Ratchet's "Requisition Form". What would happen if Kaoruko would've seen and read it?

Sidenote:
It's deducted that she has a gnack for constructing and customizing ISes, with her (and Utsuho Nohotoke) being able to assist Tatenashi in making Mysterious Lady. And not to mention that she's a math wiz as well, from how I see it.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-10-02 at 03:14.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 04:09   Link #37326
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be too awkward for a pistol to be designed as a meelee weapon as well?
Old 2012-10-03, 04:22   Link #37327
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, depends on people commenting, can be anywhere from cool but impractical to hugely stupid (most professional soldier is in the latter of course). The biggest problem, if anything, is not the moving parts, but the barrel, which is easier to bend than you think.

Dan's CQC style is this in TLR stratos, and repeatedly lampshaded how stupid it is even though his pistol is basically a butcher knife with gun mechanism installed (his pistol always broke in each battle still). His instructor taught him the wrong way on purpose, and he simply struck liking that style even after Kotegawa reprimand him....
Old 2012-10-03, 04:47   Link #37328
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The design would be reminiscent of Train's(Black Cat) gun. The underside of the barrel actually gets a separate core in addition to thick alloy plating. Unlike a knife, it's designed more as a striking weapon that would stun the opponent. It's not meant to act as a completely different weapon but provides a sort of complementary alternative.

How does that sound?
Old 2012-10-03, 05:14   Link #37329
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Would it be too awkward for a pistol to be designed as a meelee weapon as well?
Not for Kira. :P

Also quick question, which of the following sounds more... pitiful?;
- I don't have (any) parents.
- I don't live with my parents.
Old 2012-10-03, 05:17   Link #37330
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The first one, most definitely.

lol at throwing pistols.

Oh yeah, the pistol armoring would be strong enough to deflect even Garm class bullets.
Old 2012-10-03, 05:37   Link #37331
Eratas123

This place seems almost barren nowadays.
Old 2012-10-03, 05:42   Link #37332
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, not really, just less frequent

As for pistol (again), any other way, it'll be only good for emergency (See Cherudim Gundam if I'm not wrong). The problem is when you rely on it and it alone (of course it will be different if you have seven gun but wut)
Old 2012-10-03, 05:46   Link #37333
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So basically you want a pistol-type weapon but with versatility for most attacking/defensive purposes?

I've not seen anyone utilize a pistol weapon better than how Lockon does with the Cherudim... Or that guy in the suit from Equilibrium.
Old 2012-10-03, 05:47   Link #37334
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm operating on the concept that you only need the blue print data and the IS can indefinitely reproduce the product. That is ofcourse if the IS has enough energy to continuously quantize energy into matter.

So she can keep blocking bullets, the pistols break then she just drops them and remakes them again

Despite this unlimited armory similar to Charlotte, Yamada still prefers two handed stance to guns akimbo.

I think it makes more sense to realize the weapon, make upgrades to it then refeed it to the IS instead of modifying the digital blueprints directly. What say you guys?
Old 2012-10-03, 06:04   Link #37335
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ah, I see. I thought you went for canon's "Regenerating parts sacrifice development" and all.

As for the upgrade it then refeed to I.S., that's definitely possible, but not cost efficient. In fact, the whole point of I.S. development is just that: Make unit A, have it evolve, gain data to make stronger unit B as 'finalized' unit. Effectively subverting the usual Super Prototype shtick. Case in point: Zephyr > BT and AkaTsubaki > ByakuShiki

Prototype need to be upgraded to the latest unit's spec if they want to catch up. However, the factories more often than not decided not to, and concentrating with whipping out more finished product as cost saving measure, while giving the prototype experimental toys to tinker with (Packets)

However, the principle do not apply to male units in my verse, which are literal kitbash/frankenmech. This is definitely more cost efficient since creating something at prototype stage is both unreliable and expensive, and they simply pick G2 parts they need from the market and add some native tech, making them gen 2.5 or gen 2.75... this result in their unit being stronger initially, but the prototypes will catch up later.

In a nutshell, proto-G3 < Final G2 < G2.5 = G 2.75 < Final G3

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-10-03 at 06:15.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 06:12   Link #37336
Eratas123

Assuming an average pilot is an opponent, how many badass normals on average would it take to win?
Old 2012-10-03, 06:16   Link #37337
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depends on their weapon natch, though if you speak one pilot without I.S., took anywhere from 1-16 spec ops-level badass.
Old 2012-10-03, 06:40   Link #37338
Eratas123

With I.S, of course.
Old 2012-10-03, 06:41   Link #37339
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well loss of parts in IS is a completely different clause. The reason being the weapons are mostly single function and need only minor compatibility issues. Something like rebuilding a broken tool and relearning how to use it. IS parts though require complete regeneration of the part. Probable nanotech adjustments, neural interface synchronization with existing upgrades and what not. This version is basically regrowing an atrophied limb.

The difference in regeneration speed stems from the data used. The separate weapon just uses the older data, but the IS integrated parts are continuously evolving and the lost part is continuously revised with theoretical upgrades. Actual adjustments aren't made so the part is better than it used to be, but really really buggy.
Old 2012-10-03, 06:46   Link #37340
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ah, we work on a different principle then.

@ Eras
I dunno, I'm somewhat still blurry about the power scale of badass normal compared to I.S.

First thing first, we should define the limit of I.S., so those people can exploit it. For example, we agree I.S. are weak to high energy state (electricity and plasma) and dropping a power grid on it will at least take it out temporarily. Then we can form a scenario, to use said badass normals. As Age once said, a single politician CAN defeat an I.S. in a way or another...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest