AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 12 22.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 41.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-27, 06:01   Link #41
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I wonder what the issue was that temporarily drove them apart.

Did Satoru unthinkingly say something dumb and insensitive that pissed Saki off?
Did Satoru make a bad comment about Maria or Mamoru?
Did Satoru and Saki have a disagreement about whether their village's harsh methods of ensuring peace were justified or not?
Did Satoru take the last Sun Drop from the refrigerator?
Why do you immediately assume that it was Satoru's fault.... Anyway, I think it's most likely something along the lines of the last one? XD Seeing how they much they argued over stupid things throughout their childhood... (one of my favorite scenes from the show is in ep 2 when Satoru makes some stuff out of clay, looks very pleased with it, and Saki goes and flattens it, just because. XD)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That was so adorable. XD

Anyway, from Saki's attitude I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with what she was complaining about here: she's frustrated (and really hates bakenezumi), and feels inferior to Satoru who has a more fulfilling job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yakomaru talks a very good game, but I'm honestly a bit disappointed that the humans never saw through his act. This is especially true of Saki, who really ought to know better given her past experience with Yakomaru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I was a bit surprised that Saki didn't go all "Don't trust that lying Yakomaru!" towards anyone who would listen. And she's the one who says she was the most suspicious of the Queerats.
It's not like they have information on anything so they can find him suspicious at most but have no basis to call him a liar. Even if Saki knows him better than anyone in that room, it's not like she has any concrete information on this particular case, so she would just look like she's accusing him of lying on no basis whatsoever. I mean, "he must be lying because he creeps me out and I hate him because of, uh, reasons I'm not willing to divulge here" is not a very convincing argument. Besides, as others said, it would have been out of line for her to speak up, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That one guy with the mask on gives me a bit of a superhero vibe (I think he's the guy that was claimed to be able to split the world in half, is that correct?).
Yes, he's supposed to be ridiculously powerful. He was also the one came visit them in the classroom and found out about Shun's condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I'd been expecting Saki and Satoru to be an established couple by now.
I think it's not surprising that they aren't... they both carry so much baggage that they haven't been able to deal with properly.

>warita
I think you should rewatch ep 4 (or whichever episode it was when they had the fake minoshiro infodump). And then ep 8.
There was only one bit of information missing (kind of inexplicably), which is that as children/teenagers they're not allowed to have sexual relationships with members of the opposite sex.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-01-27 at 06:13.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:05   Link #42
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He was also the one came visit them in the classroom and found out about Shun's condition.
The skirt peeker...
Old 2013-01-27, 06:14   Link #43
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The skirt peeker...
Yeah, that's him. XD
Old 2013-01-27, 06:17   Link #44
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, that's him. XD
What a hero.. Anyway.. Kuromitsu if you don't mind....

Spoiler for For Speculation:

..coz I may have a follow up question but via PM...
Old 2013-01-27, 08:38   Link #45
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for For Speculation:
Who? (Just PM me if you want to.)
Old 2013-01-27, 11:59   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Question is Kiroumaru still alive? I am so confused about who is part of what colony and I wasn't sure if his colony was the one that was annihilated or not.
Yes, it was his colony that was annihilated. Since he fights on the front lines, it's unlikely he survived but we can't dismiss that possibility. I hope he's still alive because I like him. He's certainly better than Yakomaru...
Old 2013-01-27, 12:09   Link #47
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, it was his colony that was annihilated. Since he fights on the front lines, it's unlikely he survived but we can't dismiss that possibility. I hope he's still alive because I like him. He's certainly better than Yakomaru...
I hope hope so. He acts noble unlike Yakomaru who is a scoundrel....
Old 2013-01-27, 12:11   Link #48
ChronoReverse

The fact he helped out our heroes early on has me on his side so I'm really pissed that it's likely he's dead.
Old 2013-01-27, 12:13   Link #49
Kirarakim

Quote:
Yeah I like him a lot too, he gives off a noble air. Even if he does die I kind of hope it wouldn't be off screen like that.
Old 2013-01-27, 12:20   Link #50
kuromitsu

Well, it helps that Yakomaru is small and ugly and looks like, well, like an overgrown bald rat, while Kiroumaru is a total ikemen tall, has a pretty, fluffy-looking mane, pretty eyes, and looks more like a dog or a wolf than a rat... and he also has the prettier voice (mm, Hirata Hiroaki). Also, Yakomaru has the kanji for "fox" in his name while Kiroumaru's "rou" is "wolf"...

What I mean is, they're not being particularly subtle, then again, I guess it's sort of the point. Part of the point, anyway.

The two are such perfect foils for each other, though, I kind of wish we had a spinoff about them.
Old 2013-01-27, 12:30   Link #51
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
The two are such perfect foils for each other, though, I kind of wish we had a spinoff about them.
I hope Kiroumaru bets Yakomaru to death in that spinoff
Old 2013-01-27, 12:40   Link #52
Kirarakim

Quote:
Also, Yakomaru has the kanji for "fox" in his name while Kiroumaru's "rou" is "wolf"...
I understand why Yakomaru has the kanji for fox in his name since he is clever (I will give him that) but I actually love foxes and think they are cute animals like wolves.

Yakomaru is just a slimeball

But both Hirata Hiroaki & Namikawa Daisuke are giving wonderful performances of course.
Old 2013-01-27, 16:00   Link #53
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Well, it helps that Yakomaru is small and ugly and looks like, well, like an overgrown bald rat, while Kiroumaru is a total ikemen tall, has a pretty, fluffy-looking mane, pretty eyes, and looks more like a dog or a wolf than a rat... and he also has the prettier voice (mm, Hirata Hiroaki). Also, Yakomaru has the kanji for "fox" in his name while Kiroumaru's "rou" is "wolf"...

What I mean is, they're not being particularly subtle, then again, I guess it's sort of the point. Part of the point, anyway.
That's the thing, I keep expecting there to be a twist because it's so blatantly unsubtle. Kiroumaru is the only queerrat that doesn't even look like it.
Old 2013-01-27, 16:14   Link #54
AyuAyu

Am I the only one who finds the thought disturbing, that Saki and Satoru just accept to be part of this twisted society? besides the memory altering, this society denies children human rigths and slaugthers them because they might pose a danger in the future.
And now Saki virtually volunteer in slauthering god knows how many queerrats, disposing of them as if they were insects and not intelligent life forms cleary resembling human beings.

I really hope that Maria might be able to destroy this whole society or something like that.

KuroFai is Canon! Accept it!
Old 2013-01-27, 18:17   Link #55
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But both Hirata Hiroaki & Namikawa Daisuke are giving wonderful performances of course.
They're both so awesome. In their scene in this episode you could just see the sparks fly between the two characters. (Not like that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuAyu View Post
Am I the only one who finds the thought disturbing, that Saki and Satoru just accept to be part of this twisted society? besides the memory altering, this society denies children human rigths and slaugthers them because they might pose a danger in the future.
What would you have them do, though? This is the only life they know. This is where their home is, where their parents are. They don't have to like the system but they have no choice but to live in it - Saki, especially, knows the rationale behind the cruelty, so while she doesn't like it (I don't think anyone likes it) she has to accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuAyu View Post
And now Saki virtually volunteer in slauthering god knows how many queerrats, disposing of them as if they were insects and not intelligent life forms cleary resembling human beings.
They don't resemble the human beings that Saki et al are, though, partly due to their vastly different way of life and way of thinking, and partly by virtue of their appearance. As disturbing as it may be, this is the general mentality of a slave-keeping society, made easier to sustain by the fact that bakenezumi are, well, bakenezumi. And to Saki, in particular, they're beings she hates and distrusts due to her experiences with them.

But for what it's worth, she didn't dispose of anyone. They killed each other in battle. (Also, disposing of bakenezumi is not her job, it's what Inui's department does.)
Old 2013-01-27, 19:57   Link #56
taichi-kun

The beginning of the episode was a bit odd,Why was saki raising the molerats?

Also saki spent a lot of time without talking to satoru and stupid PAW didn't tell us the reason?

And they also live in different villages/places now

I also wanted to know about saki's parents, I wonder If they are ok.. or dead

It felt rushed.. 12 years have passed and we know almost nothing

Kiroumaru is dead....... oh came on author he was the coolest character, squeeler was supposed to be the dead one here.
Old 2013-01-27, 21:11   Link #57
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Small certainty that Kiroumaru is alive, because Yakomaru might of adopted the liking to torture...

I agree w/ kuromitsu about the human x slave references. This is how Saki was raise and known and I thought there would be some bias with Kiroumaru seeing how he aided her when she was younger. ya..
Old 2013-01-27, 21:31   Link #58
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Small certainty that Kiroumaru is alive, because Yakomaru might of adopted the liking to torture...
I do not think Yakomaru/Squealer is such a 2D villian, if Kiroumaru is alive is because he will now fight for his new democratic overlords, Heil Yakomaru >_<
Old 2013-01-27, 22:04   Link #59
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
They're both so awesome. In their scene in this episode you could just see the sparks fly between the two characters.
This. This so much. Of course I was aware of their differences before this episode, but seeing them side-by-side and listening to them speak really hammered the point home. It will be a tragedy if Daisuke Namikawa doesn't receive an award for this performance. The very sound of his voice when he's being especially sly sends delightful shivers down my spin
Old 2013-01-28, 00:48   Link #60
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
It will be a tragedy if Daisuke Namikawa doesn't receive an award for this performance. The very sound of his voice when he's being especially sly sends delightful shivers down my spin
I just found out he was the voice of Squealer and honestly my jaw hit the floor. Didnt not see (or rather hear) that coming! Usually I can pick him out fairly easily. He totally deserves an award.

I find it interesting that the "lesser" beings colonies all have names of pests, like wasps, spiders, flies...I guess thats why they have a Department of Pest Control.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread